Everything About iOS 13 Recovery Mode
People are going crazy over the latest update of iOS 13. But just like everything else, this update also has an issue. Many users have reported that their iPhone stuck in recovery after iOS 13 update or downgrade. If you are also one of those people who are suffering from this problem, then you should learn as much as you can about iOS 13 recovery mode.
- Part 1: About iOS Recovery Mode
- Part 2: How to Enter iOS Recovery Mode iPhone X/XR/XS/8/7/6
- Part 3: iOS Recovery Mode Exit
- Part 4: How to Fix iOS 13 Upgrade/Downgrade Stuck In Recovery Mode
The latest iOS 13 is quite different from the older versions in terms of features. And the recovery mode has also upgraded in the new iOS. It does not look like the classic connect to iTunes screen. Instead, in iOS 13 devices, when you see the image of an USB cable and computer icon show on the screen, your iPhone is now in recovery mode.
Just like the older versions, the iOS 13 recovery mode functions the same way. You'll need recovery mode when:
- Something goes wrong with the update.
- Update or restore iPhone, and iTunes won't detect your device when you connect it.
- Upgrade from a beta version and there is a bug.
In this section, we will learn how to enter recovery mode on iPhone/iPad after iOS 13 update.
Method 1: Enter iOS Recovery Mode iPhone with Buttons
The steps on different iOS devices are:
- For iPhone 8 and later models, quickly press the volume up button and release it. Then repeat the same with the volume down button. After that, press the Power button and hold it until the recovery mode screen appears on the screen.
- For iPhone 7/ 7 Plus, press the Power button and the volume down button together until the recovery mode screen pop up on the screen.
- For iPhone 6 and earlier models, press the Power button and the Home button simultaneously and wait until the recovery screen appears.
Method 2: One Click to Enter iOS Recovery Mode without Home Button
For newbies, it still seems hard to enter recovery mode using the key combinations. Luckily, there is an easy way to do that and it is ReiBoot. It is designed basically as a free iPhone recovery mode tool which comes in handy whether you want to put your iPhone/iPad/iPod in recovery mode or exit it.
You can download the software from the official website and install it on your PC or Mac. Follow the steps below to get your iPhone/iPad into recovery mode:
Step 1: Run the program and connect your iPhone with it. From the main interface, click on the Enter Recovery Mode and the software will put your device on recovery mode instantly.
Once you have entered the recovery mode, it is vital that you know how to get out of it too. You again have two different methods to exit the recovery mode.
Method 1: Exit iOS Recovery Mode Using Buttons
You can exit the recovery mode by using key combinations.
- Unplug the iPhone from the USB cable.
- Hold the Power button until the device completely shut down.
- Press the Power button once more until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Release the power button and let the device start normally.
Usually, following these steps will exit the recovery mode. But if you can't exit the recovery mode following these steps, then you will need some additional help from ReiBoot.
Method 2: Exit iOS Recovery Mode by One Click
Step 1: When your iPhone is in recovery mode, ReiBoot will automatically detect it and all you need to do is click "Exit Recovery Mode". This will get iPhone X/XR/XS and any other iOS device out of recovery mode within few seconds.
Step 2: Click on the button and the software will exit the recovery mode.
iOS 13 beta is unstable, it is possible that your iPhone stuck in recovery mode after install iOS 13. Some other people are faced with the problem of iOS 13 downgrade stuck in recovery mode. If you are one of them, the best way to fix is repair iOS using ReiBoot. The software is specially designed to help iOS users to resolve over 50 different kinds of issues related with update and downgrade. Plus, this tool will ensure that none of your device data is lost while you are trying to resolve the issue.
Follow the steps below to repair iOS system without data loss.
Step 1: Launch the software and connect your iPhone with it. Click Repair Operating System.
Step 2: The software will detect the latest official IPSW version and provide you a suitable firmware package for your device. Click on the Download button and wait as the firmware package is downloaded.
Step 3: Once the package download finishes, you can start the repair process. Click on the Repair Now button and wait as the software fixes all the problems in your devices.
The software will reboot when the repair is finished and you will be notified. After system recovery, your iPhone is installed with the latest official iOS version and the problem has resolved.
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, you might have learned the iOS 13 recovery mode. Now, whenever you want to enter and exit recovery mode for update or downgrade, you can do it without any issue. Otherwise, you have access to ReiBoot which can help you to enter, exit, and fix recovery mode in iOS 13 effortlessly.