How to Remove iOS 17/16 Beta from iPhone in 2 Ways
Downloading and installing the iOS 17/16 beta program is quite easy. However, it may cause system issues due to having unfinished features as currently only the developer beta is launched. The problems associated with the iOS 17/16 beta could be performance and stability issues, some apps are unsupported, and the chance of losing data, and it is intended for improvements.
If you installed the iOS 17/16 beta out of curiosity and now it is creating problems on your iPhone, nothing to worry about. You can still remove the Apple beta software and get back to the previous stable iOS version. Here’s how to delete the iOS 17/16 update from your iPhone.
- Way 1. How to Uninstall iOS 17/16 Beta with iTunes
- Way 2. How to Remove Beta Version from iPhone without iTunes
- Tips. How to Remove iOS 17/16 Beta Profile from iPhone
Way 1. How to Uninstall iOS 17/16 Beta with iTunes
To uninstall developer iOS 17/16 beta, you need to erase and restore your device. No doubt, removing iOS 17/16 Beta with the help of iTunes is an easy way. First of all, you need to make sure that your computer or Mac has the latest version of macOS and the latest iTunes installed on it. If it is updated, then connect your iOS device to your computer and follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Turn off your iOS device and connect it to the PC. You need to set your device in recovery mode.
- Launch iTunes.
Hard reboot your iOS device. You need to press and release quickly volume up and volume down buttons one by one, and then press and hold the Side Button. Do this, until you see the Apple logo on your screen.
- When the Apple logo appears on the screen, do not release the buttons until the recovery mode pops up on your screen.
- Now, click Agree to the Terms and Conditions and enter your Apple ID and password, if asked.
- This will erase your device and the current non-beta version of iOS will be installed on your device. Or you can download and install the official version of iOS 15.
Way 2. How to Remove Beta Version from iPhone without iTunes
Having issues with the new iOS 17/16 developer beta? Don’t know how to remove beta iOS? iTunes method doesn’t work for you or worried about the data loss?
The good news is that there’s an easier alternative way to remove the beta iOS version from iPhone without iTunes. You just need to download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot and let it work for you. Removing the iOS beta is easier than ever with Tenoshare Reiboot as it does not result in data loss.
Here’s a step-by-step process of how to remove the iOS 17/16 beta from your iPhone without iTunes.
- First, you need to connect your iPhone to your PC with a lightning cable.
Once connected, run Tenorshare ReiBoot and let it recognize your device. Once done, click the ‘Start’ button.
Now, go for the deep repair and click on the ‘Deep Repair’ button.
Click the "Download" button and the software will automatically download the latest iOS 15.5 firmware for your iPhone. Also, you can download the current iOS IPSW from here by clicking the "import local firmware".
- Once the downloading is finished, click to start the Deep Repair.
It will take some time. Once it is completed, your iPhone will reboot without any loss of data.
- Now, you can use your iPhone like brand new.
That’s it! It’s easy, right? If something is still unclear, you can watch this video tutorial on removing the iOS beta without iTunes.
Tips. How to Remove iOS 17/16 Beta Profile from iPhone
Once you update your iPhone to the iOS 17/16 beta version, you will likely receive all the beta updates until the actual iOS is launched. However, removing the iOS 17/16 Beta profile can help you out with this. It not only helps you in getting rid of the beta program but also stops the beta updates, probably filled with bugs.
Here are the steps of how to remove iOS 17/16 beta without computer.
- First, you need to go to the Settings page.
- Click General and scroll down to find the VPN & Device Management option. Tap on it to get on the profile page.
Now, click Remove Profile.
- It will require a restart. After restarting, the beta profile will be deleted.
It is worth noting that after you remove the profile, your iPhone will still be in the beta version. When the next public version of the iOS is available, you can download it and move your iPhone back to the non-beta iOS version.
If the update is already available, you can install it from Settings > General > Software Update.
The beta version is intended for corrections but there is a chance that new bugs pop out during the process. This guide shows you how you can get rid of the beta software on your iPhone. The first method of using iTunes to remove the beta program is pretty simple. Of course, if you are in a hurry then try Tenorshare ReiBoot to restore your iPhone. We hope that this guide is helpful and now you know how to delete the iOS 17/16 beta update.