iOS 16/17 TikTok Keeps Crashing? 8 Quick Fixes to Try
My TikTok keeps crashing! I've deleted it and reinstalled it. I think it's odious iOS 16 that's making it crashed. Plz fix it!"
According to the latest report by Down Detector, around 27,000 TikTok users were affected by this issue, and some have reported via Apple community forum and Twitter that their TikTok keeps crashing on the loading page after the iOS 16 update. If your TikTok stops running on iOS 16/17 on your iPhone, don't worry; in this guide, we will tell you what to do if TikTok keeps crashing or is not working. Continue reading the article to find out 8 quick fixes.
- Part 1: Why Does TikTok Keep Crashing on iOS 16/17?
- Part 2: 6 Common Fixes to TikTok Crashing on iPhone
- Part 3: One Click to Fix iOS 16/17 TikTok Crashing/Not Workinghot
- Part 4: Contact TikTok Support If Tiktok Keeps Crashing Even Now
Part 1: Why Does TikTok Keep Crashing on iOS 16/17?
After updating your iPhone to the latest iOS 16/17, if your TikTok app keeps crashing, several factors may be to blame.
- First of all, it could be due to a TikTok server error. When TikTok goes down or is having outage problems, the app can close down suddenly or keep crashing whenever you try to open it.
- If you haven't updated the TikTok app for a long time, it should be out of date and fails to work with iOS 16/17, Apple's newest operating system for iPhone.
- The TikTok crashing issue can also be the result of low iPhone storage space.
- Apart from that, there are chances that your TikTok app data is corrupted and has some missing files.
- Lastly, unknown iOS 16/17 bugs might have something to do with the TikTok app crashing issue.
After narrowing down all the possible causes, we will walk you through how to fix Tiktok crashing in 8 ways.
Part 2: 6 Quick Fixes to TikTok Crashing on iPhone
Let's start by checking the 6 common fixes you can use to get rid of iOS 16/17 TikTok crashing on iPhone.
- Fix 1: Force Restart Your iPhone
- Fix 2: Check TikTok's Servers
- Fix 3: Update TikTok to the Latest Version
- Fix 4: Delete and Re-install TikTok
- Fix 5: Clear Data Cache on TikTok
- Fix 6: TikTok Crashing When Sharing Video? Send Video Directly
Fix 1: Force Restart Your iPhone
Giving your iPhone a forced restart should be your first line of action when TikTok stops running on iOS 16/17 or keeps crashing after update. A simply forced restart can refresh the device and fix abnormal software processes without erasing your data. For that, you can follow the steps below.
- Start by pressing the Volume up button and quickly releasing it.
- Then do the same with the Volume Down button.
Finally, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Once done, open the TikTok app and see if it is working properly or not.
Fix 2: Check TikTok's Servers
Is your TikTok crashing even after you force restart your iPhone? If yes, you might be experiencing downtime on TikTok. It's suggested that you should check TikTok's servers to see if it is down for you and other users.
- To clear all your doubts, visit the outrage tracking website Downdetector.com.
- Browse through the page to find "TikTok." Click on it and you will be taken to TikTok's status page.
From there, you should see a graph showing the trends in TikTok outage reports over the past 24 hours.
Note: A major spike in the graph indicates the TikTok crashing issue is not simply on the user's end. And it's should be noted that TikTok went down for thousands of users on September 15.
Once you've confirmed the reason why your TikTok keeps crashing is due to global downtime, there is nothing you can do but wait until the TikTok developers resolve the issue.
Fix 3: Update TikTok to the Latest Version
As mentioned earlier, when the TikTok you are using is an outdated version, the "TikTok keeps crashing after iOS 16" or TikTok not working issue may occur due to iOS 16/17 compatibility issues. To ensure TikTok functions as intended, always make sure your device is running the latest version of TikTok to post and watch the videos. To get the latest update of TikTok, simply head to the App Store, search for TikTok and get the latest update from there.
In case your TikTok won't turn on after update or the crashing issue remains, chances are that the developer has not released the update that can work with iOS 16. In this case, allow some time for the developers to refresh their app with an iOS 16 update (for compatibility), and keep an eye on the App store for an update.
Fix 4: Delete and Re-install TikTok
Due to some reasons, if TikTok won't turn on after updating, then you first have to delete the application and reinstall it again, so you can fix this issue easily. To delete the app, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Home screen, and long-press on your app icon.
- Select Remove app from the pop-up menu.
Tap the "Delete App" option and tap “Delete” to confirm, and that's it. You have finally deleted the app.
- To reinstall the app, go to the App Store to download it, and you are good to go.
Fix 5: Clear Data Cache on TikTok
The next way you can try to fix the TikTok crashing issue is by clearing the data cache; this can hopefully free up more space on your iPhone and fix the TikTok app crashing problem. check the steps below to clear the cache on TikTok.
- Open the TikTok application and click on Profile.
- Click the 3-line icon on the top right side and choose the "Settings and Privacy" option.
Find the Clear Cache option and tap on it.
Finally, your TikTok cache will be cleared in no time and the app should be open and run without any problem.
Fix 6: TikTok Crashing When Sharing Video? Send Video Directly
Some users report that their TikTok crashes in iOS 16/17 after you share the video, which can be frustrating. If you are also encountering a similar issue, we recommend sharing the video directly, and for that, you can follow the steps below.
- Long press your video to get the hidden slide-up menu option. Ensure not to use the Share button, as your app will start crashing again.
- Now, from the pop-up menu, share the video with your friends by clicking the “Send” option, which you can find in the “Send to Friends” section.
You can also click the "More Friends" option to get your friends list and share the videos with them directly.
Part 3: Fix iOS 16/17 TikTok Crashing/Not Working with ReiBoot
In the circumstance that your TikTok keeps crashing after you give the above methods a try, the problem might be with iOS 16/17 bugs. To help you fix that, we recommend downloading the Tenorshare ReiBoot application, an excellent iOS system recovery tool that can easily fix various iOS problems and bugs including Apps crashing on iPhone. With the help of its standard repair method, you can easily bring the TikTok app back to track. Plus, it supports the newest iOS system and all the latest iPhone devices. Below we have mentioned how to use this application.
Download and launch the latest version of Tenorshare ReiBoot on your PC or Mac. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and then click the “Start” button.
Choose the “Standard Repair” option and read the notes carefully.
After that, you will be asked to download the firmware package. Remember that this package is important, or you won't be able to repair your iPhone. Simply click the "Download" option.
Once the firmware package is downloaded, click the “Start Standard Repair” option. It will take a few seconds to repair your iPhone device.
Once done, you will see the “Standard Repair Completed” message on the screen and your iPhone will restart.
When your iPhone reboots, the Tiktok not working issue should hopefully be resolved.
Part 4: Contact TikTok Support If Tiktok Keeps Crashing
In case nothing has worked for you and the TikTok app keeps crashing, contact TikTok’s Help Center or reach TikTok Support on Twitter, and from there, you can report the problem you're experiencing and get help from the TikTok support team.
We understand how frustrating it can be when TikTok keeps crashing on iPhone after iOS 16/17 update, but don't panic. Take a deep breath and give all the possible ways we mentioned above a try to solve this problem. If you want to get the job done without any hassle, try downloading Tenorshare ReiBoot software, one of the best software for repairing all iPhone problems, to get rid of the iOS 16/17 TikTok crashing issue.