A Complete Guide to Move Google Drive Photos to Google Photos
Google Photos is a great way to store all your photos in the cloud. It's accessible anywhere and saves space on our local drive. If we are limited only to photos, Google photos have many more features than Google Drive. This is one of the main reasons why many people tend to move photos from Google Drive to Google Photos.
What Is The Difference between Google Drive and Google Photos
Google Drive is more of a storage platform with the organization of files in folders and support to hierarchy. You can upload any type of files including photos or videos and any other documents.
Google Photos offers an arrangement of the photos and videos in the gallery. You can do basic editing like crop and rotate. Also, photos can be arranged in the album, and searching for photos is way better than that in Google Drive.
So, Google Photos is limited only to photos and videos but has a plethora of features that resemble a photo viewer or editor. Google Drive is focused on all the file types and is not focused specifically on the photos and videos. So, Google Photos is the best among the two for storing photos.
How to Move Pictures from Google Drive to Google Photos:
For better managing or more professional experience for photos, you may want to know how to transfer photos from google drive to google photos.
Moving your Google Drive photos to Google Photos can be a daunting task. Luckily, we have you covered!
Method 1: Downloading and Uploading
Here are the steps involved for downloading photos from Google Drive and uploading them to Google Photos.
- At first, open your Google Drive and choose the photos or the folders which consist of the photos to move to Google Photos. You can select many photos or folders at once.
After the selection of the photos or folders is complete, right-click and click “Download”.
- You can navigate to the Google photos and upload the downloaded photos.
Though this method is uncomplicated, the steps are time-consuming and require ample storage for storing the downloaded files on the device.
Method 2: Connecting Google Photos to Google Drive
With a simple setting, you can connect Google Drive to Google Photos and have quick access to photos of Google Drive in Google Photos. Here are the steps involved:
- Click on the settings icon after you sign in to your Google Drive account.
For creating the Google photos folder, select the option next to it as shown in the screenshot below.
- Select all of those photos that you desire to move to Google Photos. Click the three-dot icon and then select “Move to”.
- Select the folder for Google Photos that you just created and click the “Move” button.
Method 3: Add from Google Drive to Google Photos
Here are the steps for the third method.
- Visit the official website of Google Photos.
Click “Upload” on the upper-right corner of the screen and then select the option “Google Drive”.
- Select the photos on your Google Drive which you want to make available on Google Photos and click “Upload”. Finally, you can have access to photos of Google Drive in Google photos.
Though this can be considered as one of the hassle-free and effective methods, you should consider knowing some of the limitations.
- You need to have access as the owner of the target folder and photos in the drive.
- Only photos greater than 256 px are supported for this method to work.
- The formats of the supported photos are jpg, raw, tiff, webp, and gif.
Method 4: By using MultCloud
Apart from the above-mentioned methods, it is one of the direct methods. MultCloud is not only for Google Drive or Google Photos. It supports almost all the renowned cloud storage services such as Google Drive, Mega, Dropbox, OneDrive, G Suite, etc.
The steps for how to move pictures from Google Drive to Google Photos using MultCloud are explained below:
At first, you need to sign up for a MultCloud account which is free for 30 GB of data traffic each month. After signing up successfully, log in to your account.
Now, click the ‘Add Clouds’ button on the top menu. Then, add “Google Drive” and “Google Photos” from the list and go through the process.
The final stage is to start the syncing process. So, click “Sync Now”. After completing the task, you can see all pictures in the folder of Google Photos.
- Select Google Drive as the source during the process of creating a sync task for the purpose of syncing the entire Google Drive to Google Photos.
- For selecting the way of cloud syncing, you can choose among One-Way Sync or Two-Way Sync. If you wish to go with One-way sync, you can choose among the seven methods which include Simple, Cumulative, Update Sync, and others.
- You can take the advantage of MultCloud’s ability to run in the background by closing the browser tab after the syncing process initiates. This can help you while syncing many photos of large sizes.
Alternative Tool to Move Photos from iPhone to PC
The presence of many high-resolution images consumes a lot of device storage. Most of us have really limited storage on iPhones in comparison to our PC. So, if we export photos present on the iPhone to PC, it will ease the load on your phone. One of the best alternative tools to move photos from iPhone to PC is Tenorshare iCareFone. This tool helps to export the photos from iPhone to PC in just a click. It supports iOS 14.5.1 and all the variants of iPhone 12 as well.
Steps to move photos from iPhone to PC using Tenorshare iCareFone are:
At first, download the Tenorshare iCareFone and then install it on your PC. Then, connect your iPhone to the PC. If you see the pop-up “Trust this computer?”, tap “Trust”. Enter the iPhone’s passcode (if you have set it) for trusting the connected PC.
After connecting the device, from the main interface click the option “One- Click Export Photos to PC” among the three options.
All the photos will start to transfer automatically. The folder with the transferred photos opens after the completion of the transfer. Click ‘Open Folder’ if the destination folder does not open automatically.
We hope this guide has provided you with information on how to move Google Drive photos to Google Photos. We highly recommend the third method of adding the photos from Google Drive to Google Photos and the fourth method of using MultCloud as per your convenience.