2 Best Ways to Record Mac Screen with Audio
There are various reasons why you may need to record your screen from a Mac. Maybe it is a video that you were watching and you want to record a part of it so that you can watch it later or maybe you want to send it to someone. Or maybe you were Face Timing with someone and you want to keep a few moments of that chat as a keepsake. Making such videos is not easy or you may have attempted to do it but it did not record any audio. So, how to record screen and audio on Mac? It is easy if you know the right ways! Follow this article carefully to know how to record video on Mac easily.
Part 1: How to Record Video on MacOS Mojave
MacOS Mojave comes with some exciting new features. There was another app with the same purpose of screen recording called Quick Time Player, but it is an old app and users wanted something new with more options. So, Apple launched Mojave with a tool specifically for this purpose. So, if you want to know how to record your screen on a Mac with Mojave then follow the steps below:
1. Press "Command + Shift + 5" on your Mac to open the Screenshot toolbar.
2. You will have two options; you can either "Record Entire Screen" or "Record Selected Portion".
3. If you choose the first option, then the recording will start immediately but if you go for the second option then you can select the portion of the screen you want to record and then manually start the recording.
4. So, when you manually triggering the recording, you need to set a timer before the recording begins. So, to do that you need to go to Screenshot Toolbar options.
5. So, when the recording starts you will need to stop it after some time. You can do that by clicking on the "Stop" button which is located at the "Menu" bar.
6. The recorded video will be saved on your Mac screen, probably at the bottom.
7. Go to that video file and right-click on it to use the Markup tools.
8. Now, if you need to edit this particular video, go ahead and click on the "Trim" button.
9. After that click on the hold points, you can find them at the start and at the end of the recording. You need to start dragging those inwards to trim the video.
10. After that click "Done".
11. Now, everything is complete, you just have to decide whether you want to save or delete the screenshot.
So, overall it is an excellent app to record screen from Mac. This is the newest and an improved tool and a perfect answer on how to record screen on Mac with audio. Keep in mind, Mojave is in the Beta version right now and you will have to wait for some time for the official version which shall be releasing soon.
Part 2: How to Record Screen on Mac with QuickTime
If you are having trouble with Mojave then you will be glad to know that there is another app to record screen on a Mac. The app is called Quick Time Player. Though a bit old and less effective, it is free and comes with the Mac. So, if you want to use QuickTime screen recording with audio then follow the instructions below:
1. Launch Quick Time Player on your Mac then choose the "New Screen Recording" option from the menu bar.
2. A new Screen Recording panel will be opened.
3. Now, if you are looking for more before you start recording then you need to click on the "Arrow" right next to the "Record" button.
4. You can also change "Settings" from there.
5. After you change the settings as per your desire you need to click on the "Record" button to start recording.
6. If you click anywhere on the screen the app will start recording the whole screen but if you need to record a particular area of the screen then select that area and then click on the record button.
7. After you are done you can click on the "Stop" button to stop the recording.
8. After all of it is finished the Quick Time Player will open the recording automatically then you can edit or share the video.
So, basically if you are wondering how to capture screen on Mac, Quick Time Player is a viable answer.
So, if you want to know how to record computer screen on your Mac, you can go for these two options. Both of the apps are really effective, they are professionally designed and they work very efficiently. Quick Time Player is an old app whereas the Mojave is the newest addition. So, we recommend that you should go for Mojave as it is much more improved, offers a more intuitive interface. As for QuickTime, both of the apps are designed by Apple, and they are equally efficient, but Mojave's new tool is a tad bit better overall. Also if you have lost recordings from your Mac then you can use a good data recovery tool to recover those data. There is a great third-party app called Tenorshare Any Data Recovery. You can use it to recover any type of data even lost/deleted recorded and normal videos from Mac. Go for it!
If you like this article, do share and comment below!!