How to Fix iTunes Error 13014
Summary: iTunes won't open and get an unknown error 13014? When and where does this error occur and how to troubleshoot this iTunes issues? Read on and we'll elaborate this in the following parts of this article.
When does error 13014 occur?
Error 13014 can appear when you are opening iTunes, while syncing iPhone/iPad/iPod with iTunes, while other Apple-related program is running, after you downloaded a song, or even during Windows/Mac startup or shutdown. When the error occurs, your computer runs sluggish and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
Causes of error 13014
The iTunes error 13014 on Mac or PC can be caused by variety of different factors.
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of iTunes.
- Mistaken or Improper deletion of iTunes-related files can lead to error.
- Virus or malware infection.
- iTunes related files or Windows system files have been damaged or corrupted.
- Windows registry has been damaged due to recent changes in iTunes program or Windows.
iTunes Error 13014 Fix
Below is a list of workarounds to resolve iTunes error 13014. We suggest you try these troubleshooting steps one by one until you the issues is resolved completely.
Way 1: Reopen iTunes
When you first receive this error, quit and reopen iTunes. Restart your computer is recommended.
Way 2: Disable Anti-virus Program
Quit iTunes, disable the anti-virus program on your computer, and then reopen iTunes to sync your iOS device again.
Way 3: Clean invalid registry entries
If you are a PC professional, you can manually edit the Windows registry to remove the invalid error 13014 keys. Be aware that a tiny mistake in editing registry can stop your PC from functioning. We highly recommend you using a trusted registry cleaner utility to scan and repair error 13014 related registry problems. Windows Care Genius is a cordially PC checkup and clean tool.
Install Windows Care Genius to PC, choose System Cleaner > Registry Cleaner, click Scan button to scan and find invalid registry entries.
The scan results display the registry entries that have problem with, you can click "Clean" to remove these registry entries right away.
Way 4: Clean out system junk (caches, temporary files, etc.)
The computer runs slower and slower over time because lots of junk files are accumulated. It can cause iTunes to respond slowly or provides an error due to file conflicts or an overloaded hard drive. Cleaning these obsolete files regularly might not only solve the 10314 error, but also can dramatically speed up your PC performance.
Open Windows Care Genius, click the green Checkup to give your PC an overall checkup.
In less than a minute, Windows Care Genius completes the checkup and gives your PC a health index. The lower score is, the worse performance the PC is. You can click "Fix" to get rid of all junk files, browsing traces, useless files, and privacy risks in one click.
Way 5: Fix iTunes Error 13014 with Free Tenorshare TunesCare
As we mentioned above iTunes Error 13014 may caused by missing or corrupted iTunes-related files. In this case you need a professional iTunes repair tool to fix it. Tenorshare TunesCare is a free iTunes repair tool that can fix all iTunes syncing problems and iTunes errors with easy steps.
- Run Tenorshare TunesCare after installing and connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Firstly, click "Fix iTunes Sync Problems", Tenorshare TunesCare will start to repair the corrupted iTunes library automatically.
- If it did not fix the problem, you can try the advanced mode by clicking "Fix All iTunes Issues". This way will fix all iTunes issues thoroughly by removing corrupted library and then rebuilding iTunes.