How to Fix iTunes Error 14 or iPhone Error 14
"I have an iPhone 6 recently I tried updating my phone via iTunes and I received an error (14) and now the phone is stuck in recovery mode."
This iTunes error 14, or iPhone error 14, or as some people call it, happens when you try to update or restore your iPhone/iPad using iTunes. You may be wondering what the error is and whether there are feasbile ways to get rid of iPhone could not be updated error 14. Read on and you'll find answers in this article.
- Part 1: Possible Causes of iTunes Error 14
- Part 2: Fix iPhone error 14 without Data Loss
- Part 3: Fix iTunes Erro 14 with iTunes Repair Tool - Free Tunescare
- Part 4: Other Tips to Fix iTunes Error 14
Part 1: Possible Causes of iTunes Error 14
The error 14 on iTunes usually occurs when you restore or update your iDevice via iTunes. The causes of this error can be:
- Defective USB ports or damaged USB cable. You are recommended to use the original Apple-supplied USB cable, also keep the USB port clean.
- Security software or firewall. Sometime your iPhone can be recognized as a potential threat to computer if there are running security software or firewall. You can disable these software and try again.
- Unstable network connection. A stable network is necessary for the operation between iTunes and iOS devices during update or restore.
- Due to an outdated iOS or iTunes.
- Jailbreaking iOS devices. If you are using a jailbroken iOS device and trying to restore in iTunes, you are also likely to get error code 14.
Part 2: Fix iPhone error 14 without Data Loss
Apple lists restore error 9 as a security software issue while many other sites take it as software related error. If you've tried all the iPhone error 9 hardware solutions but failed, fix iPhone system with the professional iOS repairing tool Tenorshare ReiBoot. This system repair tool is aimed to fix 50+ types of iPhone system problems without data loss, inclulding Apple logo stuck, iPhone recovery mode loop, iPhone black screen, etc.
- Download Tenorshare ReiBoot on your Mac or PC. Run the program and connect iPhone to computer.
- Click "Fix All iOS Stuck" and follow the instruction to put iPhone into DFU mode.
- Once the iPhone entered DFU mode successfully, the software will detect it immediately and list the firmware to download. Click "Download" to proceed.
- When the downloading process completes, you can simple click "Start Repair" to repair operating system. After system repairing, your iOS device will boot to normal.
Part 3: Fix iTunes Erro 14 with iTunes Repair Tool - Free Tunescare
If the problem is caused by iTunes, you can fix it by Tenorshare free TunesCare, it is an expert iTunes repair software in fixing all kinds of iTunes errors when restoring or upgrading. Moreover, it also helps to repair various iTunes sync problems. Free download this versatile tool and follow the steps to fix iTunes error 14 or iphone error 14 completely.
Step 1: Download Tenorshare TunesCare and click "Fix All iTunes Issues" to fix your iTunes on computer.
Step 2: If your iPhone performs abnormally, you will see the interface below. Click "Repair iTunes" to start downloading iTunes drives for repairing.
Step 3: After downloading, Tenorshare TunesCare will automatically repair your iTunes. The repair process will take less than 2 minutes. After repairing completes, iTunes will restart automatically and now the error 17 should disappear.
Part 4: Other Tips to Fix iTunes Error 14
Way 1: Check Your USB Connections
When you meet the iTunes error 14, the first thing first is checking your USB connection in following ways:
- Use the USB cable that came with your device. If you don't have it, try a different Apple USB cable.
- Switch to a different USB port on your computer. Don't plug into your keyboard.
- Plug into a different computer.
If none of the above steps worked, try to update your device over Wi-Fi.
Way 2: Reboot Your PC/Mac
When you encountered iTunes error 14 when update or restore your iPhone, iPad, reboot your PC/Mac and your iPhone/iPad. Sometimes, simple but crucial measure really solves problem.
Way 3: Delete Downloaded Firmware Files and Update Again
Got iTunes error 14 and when you tried updating again got the message the firmware is corrupted while downloading. In this case, you need to delete the previously downloaded update / upgrade file (iOS firmware file with .ipsw file extension).
- Close iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Delete the ipsw file download previously. The downloaded ipsw file is located at following locations depending upon your computer OS.
Mac OS X:
iPhone: ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
iPad: ~/Library/iTunes/iPad Software Updates
Windows Vista, 7, 8,10:
iPhone: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
iPad: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates
After that, restart your iTunes and update your device again.
Way 4: Hard Reset Your iPhone/iPad
iTunes error related to software issue like software crash can be resolved by this method. Follow the steps to perform a force restart on iPhone.
- On an iPhone 8/X/XR/XS: Press and quickly release the Volume Up and Volume Down button. And then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Power/Sleep buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Way 5: Uninstall or turn off the security software
If you have security software install on your Mac/PC, you should switch off the security software, and attempt the restore and update again. If the error still persists, uninstall the security software, and then attempt the restore and update again.
Hence, in this article we cover up the full ways to fix iTunes error 14. TunesCare is the best free iTunes repair software to fix iTunes sync or restore problems, and ReiBoot is the software to fix iPhone system problems.