Restore Apple Health Data in Top Easy Ways
"I accidentally deleted health data today at 6 PM! The Health app dashboard just showing "No Data"! How should I restore Apple Health data?"
Apple Health app came out in 2014 with simple but comprehensive features for Apple users to check and sort different categories of health data like body mass index, heart rate, sleep and nutrition intake. However, iPhone health data disappeared has been complained a lot by many iPhone users. Luckily, this article will tell you how to restore Apple Health data on iCloud or iTunes (Computer) easily. A further solution is also offered if you can’t fix with these two options.
- Part 1. 2 Ways to Restore Apple Health Data
- Part 2. What If I Still Can't Restore Apple Health Data?
- FAQs on Restoring Apple Health Data
Part 1. 2 Ways to Restore Apple Health Data
Restore Health Data from iCloud Backup
If you have backed up your device in iCloud or iTunes, you can restore health data from the backup easily. Next we will take restore from iCloud backup as an example:
Before you restore device from an iCloud backup, you should erase all of its information. Simply go to Settings > General > Reset. Then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
Follow the guide on your screen then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to your iCloud account with Apple ID.
- According to the date and size, then select one of the backups. You may need to update the software before the restoration begins.
- Sign in with your Apple ID for the restoration. You need to sign in each of your accounts if you have used several different Apple IDs.
Now the restoration progress begins. The backup duration may vary based on the size of your backup. Don't disconnect from Wi-Fi, otherwise the progress will be paused.
Restore Health Data from iTunes/Computer Backup
If you are using Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, then you need to open Finder. However, if your Mac version is macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, then you should open iTunes. First we will see how to restore health data from iTunes.
- Open iTunes on your Windows computer or Mac.
- Use an original Apple USB to connect your device to your computer. Input your screen passcode to allow your device to trust your computer.
Choose your devices on the iTunes main interface, then go to Restore Backup.
- Check the date of your backups to pick one of them.
- Click Restore to start the progress. Enter your password if necessary.
- Don't disconnect your device to your computer when it is restarting and syncing with your computer.
Next we will show you how to restore health data using Finder on your Mac.
- Use an original Apple USB to connect your device to your Mac.
- Select your device (with your name probably) in the Finder sidebar.
- Choose General in the button bar.
Click Restore Backup to select your preferred backup, then click Restore. You will need to enter your password for your encrypted backup before restoring your health data.
Part 2. What If I Still Can't Restore Apple Health Data?
If you still find it is hard to recover health data iPhone, or your health data missing after restore, you may need to check and repair your iOS system using tools like ReiBoot for iOS within just a few steps.
Run the software and connect your iPhone to computer. Go to the "Repair Operating System" once your device is recognized. Click "Fix Now" on the upcoming page.
Next you should download your firmware package. Click "Browse" to set the save path for the firmware. Then click "Download" to start downloading the package.
Once finished your firmware package download, you can click "Repair Now" to start iOS recovery. A few minutes later your will find back your lost Apple Health data iPhone.
Feel free to check out more about top iPhone backup problems and fixes.
In today's guide we have discussed how to restore Apple Health Data on iCloud and iTunes. Actually, it is easy to recover health data iPhone. If your Apple Health data disappeared after trying these two methods, simply go for the ReiBoot for iOS to speed up your iPhone system. For any other questions, simply leave them in the discussion forum below.
FAQs on Restoring Apple Health Data
"How to deal with my iPhone Health app not working problem?"
The Health app on iPhone 5/5c/4s won't record your data since these models don't have the built-in M7 Motion Sensor processor for recording steps.
"Can I access Apple Health data online?"
Currently Apple doesn't provide an online feature for their Health app.
"Can I export Apple Health Data?"
Of course, you can do so by opening HealthKit to export your data in the format of Excel or any other CSV types.