iOS 17 Keyboard Not Working Bugs? Fix Now
There are a few improvements for the keyboard in iOS 17. But users have reported some problems while using the iOS 17 keyboard. We will try to provide you with working methods that fix iOS 17 keyboard bugs. And your problems should go away then.
- Part 1: What's New with Keyboard in iOS 17
- Part 2: List of Reported iOS 17 Keyboard Bugs
- Part 3: 5 Tips to Fix iOS 17 Keyboard Bugs
- Part 4: Fix iOS 17 Keyboard Bugs Caused By Software Issues
Part 1: What's New with Keyboard in iOS 17
The keyboard experience has been getting better every year with each iOS update. As for iOS 17 keyboard this year, a couple of things deserve a little bit of mentioning here.
- Autocorrect has been improved in iOS 17. It can learn your personal preferences and word choices. Learn more with article: iOS 17 autocorrect.
- Autofill - You can tap on the space bar to insert a suggested word or phrase, which saves your time and effort, especially for common sentences or expressions.
- iOS 17 can detect and fix typos and grammatical errors in your text, such as then/than, they’re/their/there, etc.
Part 2: List of Reported iOS 17 Keyboard Bugs
We have collected some of the frequently reported iOS 17 keyboard bugs and listed what iPhone users say when it comes to iOS 17 keyboard not working. They will be all included and fixed with the tips in the next parts.
- The keyboard vanishes or does not appear when the user is typing.
- The keyboard is laggy. You type quickly but the keyboard doesn’t quite register your taps.
- The keyboard shows wrong autocorrect. For example, "that's nice" is incorrectly corrected to "that's nice e".
- Some apps have been reported with having compatibility problems with the iOS 17 keyboard.
Part 3: 5 Tips to Fix iOS 17 Keyboard Bugs
Let’s go over some of the tips and tricks that you can use to fix iPhone keyboard not working bugs after updating to iOS 17. Many users say these methods have worked for them.
1. Reload Keyboard
You can close the app on which you are using the keyboard and then reopen the app. This will reload the keyboard and might just fix the vanished keyboard.
2. Restart iPhone
Most iOS problems will mention a solution, which is to restart iPhone, and the iOS 17 keyboard not working properly problem is no exception. To force restart your iOS 17 device:
- Press the volume up button, then the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button, release it when you see the Apple logo.
3. Reset Keyboard Dictionary
Besides restarting iPhone, resetting an app or feature you're having trouble with to return it to its default state is also a feasible solution. We are here going to reset the keyboard Dictionary and see if it fixes iOS 17 keyboard bugs.
- Open Settings and go to General. Tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone at the bottom.
Then tap on Reset. Choose Reset Keyboard Dictionary. Tap on the prompt to reset keyboard dictionary.
4. Use Another Keyboard
What you should also try is to shift between keyboards. For example, if you have set keyboards for multiple languages, then tap on the World sign present at the bottom and shift between them to see if it fixes the problem for you. And for some people who use different third-party keyboard apps, which might not be compatible with iOS 17 yet, they can change to Apple Keyboard too.
5. Wait for Apple to Fix It
Since this Keyboard not working problem occurs in the early iOS 17 versions, Apple will fix this problem with any update. So if this problem hasn’t yet been solved, you can just sit around and wait for Apple to fix it for you.
Part 4: Fix iOS 17 Keyboard Not Working Caused By iOS Bugs
You could also take this step after trying the above tips. Fix the iPhone’s iOS system by yourself using a foolproof plan. What we mean here is that you can use a program like Tenorshare ReiBoot to fix every iOS 17 system bug that causes keyboard not working on your iPhone.
Download, install and run ReiBoot. Once done, click on Start.
Connect your iPhone to the computer and click on the Fix Now button. Then choose Standard Repair from the two options available.
After that, download the firmware package. It takes a while if your internet connection is slow.
After the download has been completed, click on Start Standard Repair.
When you see the success screen below, it means that the repair process is complete. Your iPhone will restart with no keyboard issue.
Many Apple users who updated their iPhones to iOS 17 get in a situation with keyborad bugs showing. Apple will fix this bug in the later iOS 17 versions. You can either choose to wait for Apple, or better, take matters in your own hands and use techniques like Tenorshare ReiBoot to fix this iOS 17 Keyboard bugs and problems.