5 Best Android File Transfer Alternatives in 2022
Trying to transfer files between a Mac computer and an Android device is a tough task for many users even today. Though the Android File Transfer application is available for managing Android device on a Mac, it does not seem to fulfil users’ requirement. Hence, they are looking for more powerful Android File Transfer alternative apps.
In this article, we will present you with such android file transfer alternatives being sought to serve you better. Read below to know more about 5 of the best Alternatives to Android File Transfer, with the pros and cons of each.
- List of the 5 Best Android File Transfer Alternatives
- Bonus Tips: How to Recover Deleted Data from Android without Backup?
List of the 5 Best Android File Transfer Alternatives
Below is the list of 5 best Android File Transfer alternative Mac apps. Have a look.
1. MacDroid - Android File Transfer Mac Alternative
MacDroid stands out in our list of the best android file transfer alternatives available in the market. As a full-featured tool, MacDroid provides smooth and glitch-free file transfers between Android and Mac connected via USB. With this tool, all types of files including photos, videos, music and entire folders can be easily transferred from Android to Mac and vice versa in just a few steps.
The tool mounts Android as a disk, which means you can access all of your files on Android and copy them to your Mac or edit the Android files on Mac directly.
The above mentioned features make it a worth using alternative to android file transfer.
- No limitation to the file formats
- Offers Single-Operation Mode (MTP) and Multi-Operation Mode (ADB)
- Allows mounting both Android device's internal and external storage
- Works with all Android and MTP devices
- A bit costly for the features that it offers
- Free version is only available for transferring data from Android to Mac, not vice versa
- Not compatible with Windows and iOS devices
2. HandShaker - Android File Transfer Alternative Free
If you're looking for android file transfer alternative free, then HandShaker is such an app you can't miss. As its name suggests, HandShaker allows Android and Mac to shake hands when it comes to share files. You can connect your Mac and your Android device for easier file transfer and management via a USB or wireless connection.
HandShaker also lets you manage Android’s internal storage as well as the external SD card.
- Servers as a sync app
- Free to use
- It does not require a USB cable
- High-speed transfer between Android and Mac through Wi-Fi
- Contains pop-up ads
- Limited customer support
- Limited features
3. SyncMate - Android File Transfer Alternative Mac
SyncMate is probably the best file sync software for Mac. As a reliable sync solution, SyncMate fills the gap left by the built-in option of Mac and allows users to make data transfers between Mac and almost any other devices, thus becoming one of the best Android File Transfer alternatives.
With SyncMate, you can not only keep data updated between Mac and Android, but also synchronize Mac with cloud storages and Microsoft services.
- Supports latest Mac OS version Monterey
- Allows mounting Android device as an external disk to move files
- Shows support to all kinds of files
- Double as a sync app
- Supports syncing through both USB and Wi-Fi
- Advanced features are available in the paid version
4. AirDroid - Android File Transfer Alternative
While on the lookout for the best android file transfer alternatives available today, you can never miss AirDroid.
Packed with handy features, AirDroid works similar to all the alternatives to android file transfer mentioned above and helps in easily moving files between Android and Mac. It lets you transfer photos, videos, music, and folders from a Mac to Android via a USB connection or Wi-Fi connection.
Beside, it offers two connection modes to transfer files. The Single-Operation Mode satisfies your basic-level file transfer, while the Multi-Operation Mode is available for a faster and more efficient file transfer.
- Supports Mac and Windows
- Free to use
- Decent rate of data transfer
- Folder transfer is available only in paid version
5. Smart Switch —Android File Transfer Alternative Free
In order to make the transfer of files seamless and smooth, Samsung launched its Android File Transfer Mac alternative app named Smart Switch. This app allows Samsung users to transfer data including contacts, music, photos, messages and more, to between Samsung devices and Mac. You can choose to make file transfers wirelessly or via a USB connection.
In addition to the transfer feature, Smart Switch serves as a backup tool, allowing you to seamlessly back up your phone on Mac and restore backed-up data on your Samsung device.
- Transfers data wirelessly or via USB cable
- Restore data via SD card
- Shows support to all kinds of files
- Simple and safe data transfer between Mac and Samsung
- Free to use
- Gives compatibility issues sometimes
- Low-speed file transfer
Bonus Tips: How to Recover Deleted Data from Android without Backup?
If by chance you delete your data accidentally while transferring it from one device to another, then you can always use Tenorshare Ultdata for Android. This tool helps in easy getting hold of the deleted data on Android devices and that too without the need of rooting your device, for example, you can recover deleted photos from Android gallery, and can recover deleted messages on WhatsApp on Android without having any backup.
Follow the below steps to know how to recover data using UltData for Android.
To begin with, download and install UltData for Android on your PC. Launch the tool on your PC and select the "Recover Lost Data" option on the main screen.
Connect your Android device using a USB cable and enable USB debugging on your Android phone by following the instructions shown below.
Now, select the you wish to transfer and click Next. The tool will scan all your deleted or lost photos on your Android.
You can now preview the photos that they wish to recover. Select the pics and click Recover option.
Once the recovery is done, you will see the successful screen.
In a nutshell, you just had a look at top 5 Android File Transfer alternative options. These apps are best in the market and will help you transfer the files between Android and Mac easily. In addition to this, you had a look at Tenorshare UltData for Android that is used to recover lost data easily.