How to Recover Deleted Audio Files from Android Phone Effortlessly
Yesterday I was deleting some useless files on my Android phone to free up space. But I deleted some important audio files and music files by mistake. I did not realize that until this morning when I was searching for them. How can i recover deleted audio files from mobile? Can anyone kindly let me know?"
Accidental deletion of files is quite common for any smartphone user. When you lose your audio file(s), don’t panic as your troubles will be gone with this guide on how to recover deleted audio files from Android phone. Here you will learn all the file recovery solutions you can try out to get back your deleted audio files.
- Part 1: Can Deleted Audio Files Be Recovered?
- Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Audio Files from Android Phone?
- Part 3: Pro Tips on How to Backup Audio Files in Android Phone
Part 1: Can Deleted Audio Files Be Recovered?
The answer is yes. Normally when you delete audio files on your Android smartphone, the deleted files go to your recycle bin or trash and stay there for 30 days before they get deleted permanently. This “Recently Deleted” feature allows you to restore your deleted audio files before the 30-day time window. But you may ask, “What if I can’t find them on in the recycle bin?” Well, there are ways to get around this.
First of all, some Android users link their phone storage to cloud storage platform where the files in the phone are automatically backed up and synced. If you have set it up before deleting your audio files, you can recover the deleted files from your cloud storage account. There are also many users who take regular backup of files in their Android phones on their computers. If you are a Samsung user, you can use Samsung Smart Switch to transfer files from your phone to your computer seamlessly. When you have deleted your audio files, you can use Smart Switch to recover the deleted audio files conveniently. However, if you have not taken back up of the deleted audio files beforehand, there is still a way to recover the permanently deleted files. You can opt for an audio recovery software for Android like Tenorshare Ultdata for Android through which you can recover deleted files magically. Below we will illustrate all these methods one by one in detail.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Audio Files from Android Phone?
We have made it clear that you can recover your deleted audio files on your Android phone by several ways, regardless of whether they’re deleted forever or a few minutes ago. Without further ado, let us focus on how to recover deleted audio recording from Android phone.
- Way 1. Recover Deleted Audio Recording from Android Phone Trash
- Way 2: Recover Deleted Audio Files from Android Cloud Backup
- Way 3: Recover Deleted Audio Files from Android Phone via Samsung Smart Switch
- Way 4: Recover Recover Deleted Audio Files from Android Phone without Backuphot
Way 1. Recover Deleted Audio Recording from Android Phone Trash
If you accidentally your audio recordings, act quickly to check if they are kept in your phone’s Trash folder. If yes, follow the instructions below to bring them back before the 30-day period expires.
- Open the My Files app on your smartphone.
- Search for and tap on the Trash option. You’ll see all the items that can be restored from the Trash folder.
- Browse the items and select audio files you want to recover.
Tap the pop-up to restore your deleted audio files.
Way 2: Recover Deleted Audio Files from Android Cloud Backup
Cloud storage platforms like Google Drive, Samsung Cloud, Huawei Cloud and Mi Cloud are the best solutions for taking backup of files on mobile devices for free. The backup files stay available on your cloud account for an immediate restoration. So long as you have linked and synced your phone content to your cloud account and enable automatically backup,you can restore any audio file from the cloud server with ease whenever you delete them from your phone.
Let’s check how to restore deleted audio files on Android from Android cloud backup. Here, we are illustrating the steps to recover deleted audio files from Samsung phone via Samsung cloud.
- On your Samsung phone, open the Settings app > tap your name at the top of the screen.
- You’ll find the Samsung Cloud option. Tap on it.
Under the Samsung Cloud section, tap on the Restore Data option.
- Tap the device with backups you'd like to restore, then select the file type, i.e. Voice recordings and choose all the audio files that you wish to restore.
- When you’re ready, tap on the Restore button located at the bottom.
Wait for a minute for the deleted files to get restored on your phone. Once it is done, you will see a tick mark by the side of the audio files your selected. Finally, tap on the Done option and check your phone file storage for the recovered audio files.
Please note that the above way is applicable only if you have backup up the deleted audio files on your cloud storage account beforehand.
Way 3: Recover Deleted Audio Files from Android Phone via Samsung Smart Switch
Samsung users can back up the files on their phones to their computer wired as well as wirelessly through Samsung Smart Switch. If you are a Samsung user, you can recover the deleted audio files via Smart Switch. But you should have backed up the files beforehand on your computer through Smart Switch.
Here is how to recover deleted voice recordings from Android phone through Smart Switch. Note that the steps shown below are for Samsung devices only.
- Connect your Samsung phone to your computer via USB cable.
Launch Smart Switch application on your computer. Click on the Restore option.
- On the next screen, select your desired backup from the left panel. You’ll see all the data backed up from your phone.
Select the audio files that you want to restore and click on the Restore button.
Restoration can take a few minutes and when done, click on the OK button. Disconnect your phone from your computer and check if the selected audio files are restored properly.
Please note that for this method to work, you should have backup the deleted audio files beforehand via Smart Switch.
Way 4: Recover Deleted Audio Files from Android Phone without Backuphot
You are most likely to be that person who does not backs up files and panics when important files get deleted accidentally. When you do not have any backup and you want to recover the deleted audio files, you have to use an audio recovery app. We recommend Tenorshare Ultdata for Android as the best audio recovery app for Android users. You can recover the audio files without rooting your device. Here are the features of Tenorshare UltData for Android that you will find extremely useful.
- Recover deleted Android phone data including photos, videos, audio files, contacts, all logs, SMS, etc. without backup.
- Recover deleted WhatsApp and WeChat messages.
- Download and view WhatsApp backup from your Google Drive account.
- Compatible with over 6000 Android phones and tablets for different brands.
Here are the steps how to retrieve deleted audio files from Android phone.
Download and install UltData for Android on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer via OEM USB cable.
Launch UltData for Android and click on the Recover Lost Data option.
You will see the instructions to turn on USB debugging on your phone. Follow each step in turn.
After USB debugging is enabled successfully, you will see different phone data options on UltData for Android. You have to select the Audio option to recover the deleted audio files. Finally, click on the Start button.
- UltData for Android will get your phone information and ask you to install a Connector app which gives the access permission to read the phone and recover the deleted files.
After successful access, the program will show all the data on your phone including the deleted one. You can specifically select the audio files you want to recover and click on the Recover button.
You have to select a location on your computer to recover and saved the deleted audio files. Then wait patiently until the recovery process ends.
Part 3: Pro Tips on How to Backup Audio Files in Android Phone
It is always recommended to back up audio files so that you can recover them instantly without any worry. Below we will show you how to back up selective audio files in Android phone’s built-in cloud storage platform.
Here are steps to backup audio files in Samsung Cloud.
- Open Settings > tap your name.
- Select Samsung Cloud, followed by Back up data.
- Enable the toggle for the Voice recordings option and tap Back up now at the bottom.
Wait for the backup process to finish and you’re all set.
Also Read: 5 Easy Ways to Backup Android Phone to PC
Deleting audio files on your Android phone by mistake is a common occurrence. That is why it is always recommended to take backup of the audio files on the phone regularly. This will help to recover the deleted files from the backed-up files in simple steps. We have also stated how to recover deleted audio files from Android phone when you have no backup. Tenorshare Ultdata for Androidis the best audio recovery app for Android users, through which you can recover deleted audio files in just a few steps.
- Recover deleted WhatsApp Messages on Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, OPPO without root;
- Recover photos, contacts, messages, videos and everything you lost;
- Preview individual file before data recovery;
- Support with most Android phones and tablets;