Can't Delete Files from SD Card Android, How to Fix
Many people encounter the issue in which they can't delete files from sd card android. One of the typical examples of this situation is when a user tries to copy some files to the micro Sd card by deleting the unwanted files from the same to get some space. However, they are unable to do so even after pressing the Ctrl+Delete button. Besides, the formatting option also fails to format the SD card and the windows show the “disk is write-protected” message.
Nevertheless, you don't have to worry when this happens as the below-given solutions will help you resolve this problem!
- Part 1. Why Can't I Delete Files from My SD Card
- Part 2. What to Do If You Can't Delete Files from Micro Sd Card Android
- Extra Tips. Recovering Permanently Deleted Photos on Android Phone
Part 1. Why Can't I Delete Files from My SD Card
Well, with a write-protected disc, you are restricted to modify or remove any files from the SD card. Plus, there are some other reasons as well which causes this problem to happen as given below. The reasons below also contribute to the “can't delete pictures from sd card” issue:
- The SD card is encrypted.
- Your SD Card is damaged or formatted incorrectly.
- The stubborn files are not easy to get deleted at the first attempt.
- A faulty SD card. Error messages around "Delete Failed" likely occur as the result of a faulty SD card.
- Deleted files will reappear if they are being saved by an application on your device that uses the microSD card for memory.
Part 2. What to Do If You Can't Delete Files from Micro Sd Card Android
1. Ensure that the SD card is not encrypted
- Navigate to your device Settings and select Biometrics and security option.
- Now, look for the option to Encrypt or Decrypt SD card.
- After this, tap on the Decrypt SD card option and then enter your passcode or lock screen pin/pattern.
Now, wait until the decryption process is completed. Also, ensure that your device is charged during this procedure as it can take some time.
2. Remove and reinsert your SD Card
Sometimes, the “can't delete files from sd card android” issue can be seamlessly fixed by refreshing the micro SD card. In this case, you can perform the below mentioned straightforward steps.
- Switch off your mobile device and remove the SD card.
Now, reboot your device and reinsert the SD card to check whether the problem is fixed or not.
3. Test the SD card on another device
After applying the above-mentioned solutions, if you are still wondering why can't I delete files from my sd card, then there can be a problem with your device’s card reader or the SD card itself. In this scenario, remove the SD card for your mobile device and insert it on any other device to check whether the issue is due to a damaged SD card or your device’s card reading slot.
4. Format your SD card
To format the SD card on Android 11, follow the below steps:
- Go to your device’s Settings and select the “Battery & Device Care” option from there.
- Now, tap on Storage and then go to the three dots icon from the right side of the screen.
- After this, hit on Advanced and select your SD card followed by selecting Format.
For Android 10:
- Navigate to your device’s Settings and select Device Care.
- Now, click on Storage and then on Advanced.
- After this, select your SD card from under Portable storage.
- Then, hit on Format, followed by reading the message in the pop up that appears. At last, click on the Format SD card option.
Extra Tips. Recovering Permanently Deleted Photos on Android Phone
Losing your vital data can be heartbreaking especially if you have your precious memories missing. But, you don’t need to be sad about your missing photos anymore as Ultdata for Android is there to retrieve all your lost memories!
This easy to use software is designed to recover a wide range of data from Android devices without any delay. No matter what your reason for data loss is, with UltData you are just a step away from retrieving. So, if you have lost your precious memories or pictures, follow the below steps to get them back in just a few minutes!
Download and install Tenorshare UltData for Android from its website and launch it on your computer device. After this, select the “Recover Lost Data” option and then connect your android device to your computer.
Now, you need to Enable USB Debugging by applying the instructions on-screen and then hit Ok when the USB Debugging popup appears.
After seeing a list of files, tap on the Start button to preview the files you want to retrieve. Then, initiate the scanning.
After scanning is complete, you need to choose the pictures from the left panel to recover selectively.
- Lastly, hit on the Recover button to initiate recovery.
The above-given solutions will help you fix the “can't delete files from sd card android” issue. Besides, you can opt for Ultdata for Android for all your recovery-related queries on Android devices. We hope these solutions will be helpful enough for you to overcome Android related problems on your device.