How to Recover Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone [2024 Updated]
We all know that photos are an important part of our lives because they help us capture memories. However, due to some reason, people accidentally delete photos from the Redmi/Mi phone. Suppose you have made the same mistake and don't know how to recover deleted photos on Redmi/Mi phone. We have got you covered. In this article, you will find different ways to recover deleted photos in no time, whether you they have been previously backed up or not.
- Part 1: Where to Find Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone?
- Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone?
- Part 3: How to Backup Redmi Phone?
Part 1: Where to Find Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone?
Before you try out below methods as your Redmi photo recovery solutions, let’s be clear about where to find deleted photos in Redmi/Mi phone.
Normally when you delete photos on your Redmi or Mi phone, they go to your Trash bin album and will be stored there for up to 30 days. So you can easily find and recover the accidentally-deleted photos from the Gallery Trash bin. However, it is only possible within 30 days and once the time is passed, these deleted items get permanently removed from your device.
Also, Mi Cloud is another location where you can find your deleted photos in Redmi so long as you have backed up your device data to Mi/Xiaomi Cloud. But note that you can’t access and view the backup directly as it is end-to-end encrypted and can only be viewed after restore.
Lastly, you can find the deleted photos in cloud storage platforms like Google Photos, assuming that you have made a backup of photos before they are lost or deleted.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone?
Now you know where the deleted photos in Redmi/Mi phone go, let’s walk you through how to recover deleted photos in Redmi/Mi phone.
- Way 1: Recover Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone from Trash Bin
- Way 2: Recover Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone without Backuphot
- Way 3: Recover Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone from Mi Cloud
- Way 4: Recover Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone via Google Photos
Way 1: Recover Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone from Trash Bin
As mentioned previously, you can restore deleted photos in Redmi/Mi phone from Gallery Trash bin before they are deleted forever. If you are not sure how to restore deleted photos from the gallery in Redmi, here are some simple steps you can follow to get the recently deleted photos back within seconds.
Note: Remember that the deleted photos will remain in the trash bin for 30 days. Once 30 days have passed, this method won’t work for you.
- Open your Gallery app on your Redmi/Mi device.
- Tap on the “Albums” tab and choose the “Trash bin” folder.
From there, you will find all the photos that you have deleted within the past 30 days and view the days remaining before complete deletion. Select the ones you want to get back and press the "Restore" button.
All the selected photos will be immediately restored to your phone Gallery.
Way 2: Recover Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone without Backuphot
What if your photos were accidentally deleted 30 days ago or became permanently lost after a factory data reset? Is there still a way out to you to get them back?
Well, Tenorshare Ultdata for Android is the answer to this question. It is one of the best Android data recovery tools that can help recover Redmi photos without backup. Also, you don't have to root your photo to get the images back. Below is the complete guide on how to recover permanently deleted photos from Mi phone.
Download the program and launch it on your Windows PC or Mac. Once it is installed, click the “ Recover Lost Data” option.
Connect your phone to the PC and enable USB debugging by following the instructions on the screen.
The program will scan your phone and show what you can recover. So, select Photos as well as the other file types that you want to recover and click the "Start" option.
In the next step, the program will display the deleted photos you can recover by list. You can easily preview the photos and click the "Recover" option.
Within a few seconds, your photos will be recovered and you can export them to your computer.
Way 3: Recover Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone from Mi Cloud
Mi Cloud is a great option for Mi users to recover lost or deleted phone data, provided that they have take regular data backups to Mi Cloud. Below we have mentioned all the details on how to recover deleted photos from Mi Cloud.
- Go to the “Settings” app and select the "About Phone" or "My Device" option at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to and tap on Backup and restore.
From there, select Mobile device and enter your passcode if asked.
- Now go to the Restore tab, you will see the latest backup. Tap on it and select the photos that you want to recover to your phone.
Once all the desired data is chose, hit the Restore option and wait for the photos to be retrieved.
Also Read: Mi Cloud Photo Manager: All You Should Know
Way 4: Recover Deleted Photos in Redmi/Mi Phone via Google Photos
Many users prefer utilizing Google Photos to sync and backup their precious photos. If you are one of them and your photos were synced there before they were deleted, you can recover your deleted photos in Redmi/Mi Phone from Google Photos in no time.
Here’s how to get deleted photos from Redmi phone via Google Photos.
- Head to Google Photos via the Google Chrome browser in your Redmi device.
- Tap on the three dot line at the top right-hand corner and select Desktop site.
- Now you can click on the Go to Google Photos button. Log in to your Google account that used to back up your photos.
Preview and select the images you want to restore. Once all the images you want are selected, tap on the three dots line and choose Download.
- Wait for the Download to complete and you can find the restored photos in the Download folder under your phone’s Internal Storage.
Part 3: How to Backup Redmi Phone?
As a pro tip, this section covers the way to backup Redmi Phone to Xiaomi Cloud so that you can easily restore any deleted data from there. Let's see how this method works.
- Head into "Settings" and tap the "About phone" or "My Device" option.
- From there, select Backup and restore and tap on Xiaomi Cloud.
- Select Mobile Device, you will see the data categories that can be backed up. Select the data you want to make a backup and hit the Back up button.
Wait for the data backup process to complete and you're good to go.
To conclude, we have added the top ways regarding how to recover deleted photos in Redmi/Mi phone. You can easily try all these methods and get your photos back in no time. In case you don’t have a backup of your photos, we suggest downloading Tenorshare Ultdata for Android because it helps recover photos without backup in no time. Also, you don't need to root your phone to use this method.
- Recover deleted WhatsApp Messages on Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, OPPO without root;
- Recover photos, contacts, messages, videos and everything you lost;
- Preview individual file before data recovery;
- Support with most Android phones and tablets;