[Android Tip] How to Recover Permanently Deleted Text Messages
by Sophie Green Updated on 2022-09-09 / Update for Android Recovery
We all have ever been in a position where we want to access our permanently deleted messages. However, many people do not know how they can get the job done. This article is for everyone who has the question of how to recover permanently deleted text messages on their mind. Read on to learn top 4 ways to retrieve deleted text messages on Android.
- Part 1: Can I Recover Deleted Text Messages from Android
- Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Messages on Android without Backup
- Part 3: How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android without Computer
- Part 4: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Text Messages on Samsung from Cloud
- Part 5: Contact Your Service Provider to Recover Permanently Deleted Text Messages
Part 1: Can I Recover Deleted Text Messages from Android
Can permanently deleted text messages be recovered? Yes! There are various ways that you can use to retrieve deleted text messages on Android. If you have the habit of backing up phone data regularly, you can easily restore the deleted messages from your phone backup, or you can retrieve deleted messages from Google Drive in case you've enabled Google Drive backup for text messages. However, if your text messages are deleted before you create a backup, then you can try getting help from a third-party data recovery software like UltData for Android to retrieve deleted text messages on Android. Below we will walk you through every method for getting back the deleted text messages.
Part 1. How to Recover Deleted Messages on Android without Backup
Many people do not bother to keep a backup of their phone. Mostly because of the reason that it takes a bit of time to streamline things. However, when you lose your messages - it is already too late to do that. For those times, you can use Tenorshare UltData for Android if you are wondering how to recover deleted text messages on android without backup.
UltData for Android is helpful Android data recovery software that you can use to recover permanently deleted messages, photos, videos as well as deleted contacts It takes about ten minutes to get the job done. And yes, even if you do not have a backup of your messages, it can restore the data. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to retrieve deleted messages.
To begin with, download and install Ultdata for Android on your Windows PC or Mac. Launch the program and click on "Reover Lost Data."
Connect your phone to your computer with the data cable. Once your phone is connected, you will have to enable USB debugging on your android device.
After your USB debugging is on, you will need to select the files you'd like to recover. Make sure the Messages option is tick and click on Start to let the software run the scanning process.
Once the program finishes the scanning, it will present you all the deleted text messages that can be recovered. All you need to do is to check the Messages that you would like to recover and then click the green Recover button.
- Let the app run its course and sit patiently while your messages get recovered.
Part 3: How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android without Computer
Although using UltData for Android is easy for recovering deleted text messgaes - in case you do not have access to a computer and are wondering how to retrieve deleted text messages Android without computer, here's a solution. As long as you've previously backed up your phone to any one of the cloud services, say, Google Drive, you can always get the job done.
Here are the steps to restore deleted text messages from Google Drive on Android if you have enabled "Back up to Google Drive".
- Open up your Google Drive application on your phone and use your Google account credentials to log in to your account.
Once you're in the application, choose the menu button and click on the backup option to see if "Back up to Google Drive" is enabled.
- When you're sure that your data has been backed up, you have to factory reset your phone so that you can restore the backed up text messages from Google Drive to your phone.
Go to Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset).
- Enter the password when prompted and wait to the factory data reset to complete.
- Once done, restart your phone and head to Settings > Backup & Reset > Google account and sign in with your Google account.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to restore deleted text messages from Google drive backup.
Part 4: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Text Messages on Samsung from Cloud
In case your are a Samsung user and have backed up everthing on your phone to Samsung Cloud, here's how to retrieve deleted texts on Samsung from Samsung Cloud.
- From your phone, open up your Settings.
- Once you are in your settings, scroll down and look for the Accounts and backup option. From the cloud account option, tap on Backup and restore.
- You will see all the data that can be restored to your device. Select the Message option or select all the options.
- Now, tap Restore at the bottom and your phone will start downloading the backup.
Wait for a while, the deleted text messages should be restored to your Samsung phone.
Part 5: Contact Your Service Provider to Recover Permanently Deleted Text Messages
The last method you can try to retrieve deleted text messages on Android is to get help from your service provider. You can contact your service provider to inquire about how to recover permanently deleted text messages. Yes, it may sound like a breach of privacy but some service providers do store your messages on their cloud. Therefore, if you are in a desperate position - you can contact the service provider that you have subscribed to and ask them about any possible solution to your problem.
How to recover permanently deleted text messages on Android is a common question that people have if they lose access to the important data that was stored in the messages. However, thanks to technology - there are ways to recover deleted text messages on Android. If you back up your text messages on Google Drive or Samsung cloud, you can try restoring them from the backup. If you don't have a backup, then Tenorshare UltData for Android is your best data recovery solution. It will save you from the hassle - all you need to do is connect your phone to your computer and press a few buttons.