iTunes Won't Get Album Artwork, How to Get Album Artwork in iTunes (iTunes 12.5 included)
iTunes Won't Get Album Artwork, How Do I Get Album Artwork in iTunes?
"I recently bought Hot Sauce Committee Part Two by Beastie Boys on CD. I import the CD into iTunes. Then I shift click on all the songs and right click and go to "Get Album Artwork" and it tells me "Could Not Get Album Artwork For Some Albums". Anyone knows how to get album artwork in iTunes?"
"I've noticed a few artist photos are missing since upgrading to 12.5.1. Any ideas on how to fix or refresh? They are mainstream artists, nothing obscure."
In order to tidy up and organize your iTunes library, it's an excellent idea to get album art in iTunes. Here in this post, I will share with you 3 ways to get missing album art in iTunes:
- Method 1. Automatically Get Album Artwork in iTunes Using Third-party Software
- Method 2. Manually Google and Add Missing Album Atrwork in iTunes
- Method 3. Retrieve Missing Album Artwork Using iTunes (only for album offered in iTunes Store)
The easiest way to recover album artwork is using iTunes Music Cleanup, which automatically find the album artwork for you.
- 1) Download and install Music Cleanup on your computer. Run it and register you're your registration code. Click "Start Scan" and all music in your iTunes library will be loaded to the program.
- 2) After importing music, the program will sort out your iTunes music into different categories. Under "Unidentified Songs" are songs with missing album artwork, genre, track and other info. Select one item and iTunes Music Cleanup will automatically find album artwork and other info.
In addition to getting album artwork in iTunes, iTunes Music Cleanup will also delete iTunes duplicates for you.
Google is powerful in searching for album covers for you. However, you need to spend quite some time on searching for and selecting the right album artwork.
- 1) Find the song in iTunes with missing artwork. Make a note of the name of the song (or album).
- 2) Open Safari and go to Google Image Search (images.google.com). Enter the name of the song or album and locate the artwork. Drag it to your Desktop.
- 3) Highlight the song in iTunes and press Command + I (or Control + Click the track and choose Get Info).
- 4) Click the Artwork tab. Then click Get Artwork.
- 5) Use the Finder window to locate the artwork file and click Open.
- 6) Finally you can click OK.
If the album is offered by iTunes Store, and still iTunes won't get album artwork, you can try to fix this by reinstall iTunes : uninstall and then download the latest iTunes to your computer. As long as you have your iTunes account, all the music should still be there.
- 1) Sign in to iTunes Store by opening iTunes and clicking Store > Sign In. then enter your Apple ID and Password.
- 2) Click on the Music tab in iTunes, and My Music.
- 3) Control + Click an album with missing artwork and choose Get Album Artwork from the contextual menu.
Well, you should notice that the first method is the one that works most of the time and also the easiest to carry on. In some cases, Method 2 and Method 3 could help. If you want to save yourself from the choose-and-decide process, go straight to Method 1.