How To: Free Clean Up Your iTunes Library on Mac
Mac iTunes library is filled with duplicated files? Lots of tracks have no album artwork, genre, artist or album tags? Here we share an iTunes library clean up software (Tenorshare Music Cleanup Mac) to free organize and cleanup iTunes library on Mac.
What Music Cleanup Can Do?
- Quickly find and remove duplicates in iTunes (as well as local music).
- Automatically download missing Artwork.
- Detect tracks on your Mac not listed in iTunes library.
- Complete track details like genre, artist and album tags.
- Support all iTunes including the latest iTunes 12.2 and Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10, Mavericks 10.9, Mountain Lion 10.8, Lion 10.7 and all others.
- Clean up iTunes library and delete duplicates in iTunes on Mac and Windows (download Windows iTunes Music Cleanup).
How to Clean up iTunes Library Mac with 1-click Software?
With user-friendly and easy-to-understand interface, you don't need to worry about its performing.
- Step 1. Launch Music Cleanup for Mac. When seeing the following window, slide the button at the top right corner to "iTunes Music Clean". Then click "Start Scan".
- Step 2. After scanning, all songs, undefined music and duplicates will be listed.
- Step 3. Click "Duplicate songs" and "Clear All Duplicate" to remove duplicated music in iTunes library.
Extra Tips: Clean iTunes Library Mac with iTunes
Except for Mac iTunes library cleanup software introduced above, we also have other methods to clean iTunes library Mac for free.
Tip 1. Get the Right Artwork
Navigate to "iTunes>Preferences>Store" and check "Automatically download album artwork" option. If iTunes can't find the artwork, you can try following steps: make sure the name of the album in your iTunes library is the same as the one in iTunes Store, delete any artwork iTunes has downloaded and right click on the album and select " Get album artwork" to make iTunes try again.
Tip 2. Get Rid of Duplicates
Go to View > Show Duplicate Items, and check the items you want to remove one manually. Please note that if your iTunes library is full of tons of duplicates, you'd better go back to Music Cleanup software for the sake of time saving.
Tip 3. Consolidate files
First choose the location where you want to save your iTunes library via "iTunes > Preferences > Advanced >iTunes Media folder location" and then go to "File >Organize Your Library" and tick "Consolidate files". This will move all relevant files on your Mac to the iTunes Media folder you selected.
These tips about Mac music cleanup can efficiently organize and clean up music file on your iTunes library, which to some extent are ways of Mac system tune-up.