Top 5 Methods to Fix iTunes Error 306 When Connecting to iTunes Store
"I just upgrade the iTunes version but unfortunately whenever I'm trying to go to the iTunes Store I'm getting the following message "We could not complete your iTunes Store Request. An unknown error occurred (306)"."
- From Apple Community
Getting iTunes error 306 when trying to connect to iTunes store? The iTunes error code 306 may be caused by many reasons such as Internet proxies, iTunes parental control settings, a bad iTunes store cache, Windows firewall settings. Here we will share the top 5 method to fix iTunes error 306 for your reference.
- Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection and Remove Proxy Connections
- Method 2: Reset iTunes Store Cache
- Method 3: Adjust Parental Controls in iTunes
- Method 4: Check Windows Firewall Settings
- Method 5: Fix iTunes Error 306 with Professional iTunes 306 Error Repair Tool
Since the error message 306 points out that an internet connection is not possible, you should first check your Internet. Open your browser and navigate to a page to see if it can be opened normally.
Moreover, proxy settings may affect iTunes. You need to go to the network or Internet options of your respective browser to remove all the existing proxy connections, and then start iTunes.
- Press Windows key + R and end inetcpl.cpl into the run box to open the Internet Properties on your PC.
- Click "LAN settings and If the "proxy server" checkbox is selected, deselect it.
When you visit iTunes store and search for music videos, apps, or games, the program automatically saves information about the pages that you visit in a temporary location called the Store cache. iTunes store error 306 may occur when the data stored in the cache becomes corrupt. Now follow steps below to reset iTunes store cache.
- In iTunes, choose iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (PC).
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the "Reset cache" button.
- Click OK and see if the issue is resolved.
Restrictions in iTunes can block or limit certain features and services in iTunes on your computer. If iTunes cannot connect to iTunes store, you can check if anyone set restrictions that you cannot access iTunes store.
- Open iTunes and access iTunes preferences.
- On a Mac: From the iTunes menu, choose Preferences.
- On a Windows PC: From the Edit menu, choose Preferences.
- Click the Parental Controls tab.
- Remove restrictions on Parental Controls.
iTunes error can occur because of the security app installed blocking the normal operation of the iTunes app. To fix iTunes cannot connect to iTunes store error 306 in Windows, follow the below steps and you should be logged in as an Administrator.
- Press Windows key + R and end firewall.cpl.l into the run box to open Windows Firewall window.
- Click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall" -> "Change settings." Make sure that iTunes is selected for both private and public networks. Make sure that Bonjour is selected for private networks only.
If the solutions above failed to repair iTunes error 306, you may need a professional iTunes 306 error repair tool. Here we recommend TunesCare, a free iTunes repair tool that can fix all iTunes syncing problems and iTunes errors with easy steps.
- Free download and install TunesCare on your computer. Run it and connect your iOS device to that computer via an USB cable.
- Click “Fix iTunes Sync Problem” on TunesCare to repair the corrupted iTunes library that may cause iTunes error. After repairing, backup your device and see if the problem is solved.
- If the error still exits, run TunesCare again and click “Fix All iTunes Issues” and click “Repair iTunes”. In this way, TunesCare will rebuild the whole iTunes to fix all iTunes errors.
That’s all for how to fix iTunes error 306 when connecting to iTunes store. We hope our solutions would help you solve your problems efficiently.