How to Factory Reset Locked iPhone 13/14
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2023-01-14 / Update for iPhone Tips
When it comes to factory resetting a locked iPhone, a lot of questions come into our mind. Whether it is safe to do, will it harm the device's performance or how can I proceed with it and questions like these. We would like to inform you with this article, and you are going to get the best knowledge. We will talk about how to factory reset iPhone when locked using different simple methods. Stay there and carefully read the article to figure out which method suits you the best.
- Before Read: Can I Factory Reset A Locked iPhone
- 1. Factory reset Locked iPhone 13/14 without Passcode in One Click
- 2. How to Factory Reset iPhone 13/14 When Locked with iTunes
- 3. How to Factory Reset iPhone 13/14 When Locked with iCloud
- 4. Video Tutotial on How to Factory Reset Locked iPhone
Before Read: Can I Factory Reset A Locked iPhone
After being locked out of your iPhone, you cannot factory reset it with the regular 'Erase all content and settings' feature in Settings. But you can apply to different methods to factory reset locked iPhone too.
Factory reset with correct ways will not harm your iPhone, but will make it smoother to use like a new phone, and your problems facing with a locked iPhone will be solved too.
What you should know before factory resetting is that all the methods lead to complete data loss. You can restore a previous backup while setting it up again. And Apple ID if has been signed in is important to get into your iPhone after factory reset.
1. Factory reset Locked iPhone 13/14 without Passcode in One Click
While looking for the most reliable way to factory reset locked iPhone without iTunes, you can't miss Tenorshare 4uKey, which gets rid of 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Face ID or Touch ID. And you can bypass the iPhone lock screen within few minutes. It supports the latest iOS 16 and all iOS devices such as iPhone 14/13, iPad Pro 2023. This tool can run both on Mac and Windows computer, allowing you the flexibility to work at your own convenience.
- Remove Apple ID or iCloud account on iPhone/iPad without password
- Bypass iPhone/iPad screen passwords instantly
- Bypass MDM Screen from iPhone/iPad
- Remove screen time passcode in 3 simple steps
- Fix disabled iPhone/iPad without iTunes or iCloud
Now you are well aware about Tenorshare 4uKey, how about going through factory resetting your locked iPhone with both step-by-step guide and video tutorial?
Download and Install 4uKey software on your computer
Download the program on your Windows PC or Mac and run it to initiate the process. Click Start on the main interface to factory reset iPhone.
Get your iPhone connected to Computer and Start
Connect your iPhone and computer via a lightening cable. After the software detects your iPhone, hit the 'Next' button.
Download the Firmware Package for your iPhone
You will be prompted to download the latest firmware package for your iPhone. Select a save path followed by clicking the 'Download' button.
Unlock your iPhone
Once the firmware is properly downloaded, click the 'Start Remove' button for getting rid of the iPhone passcode.
Factory Reset Successfully
Now you have successfully removed the iPhone passcode and factory reset the locked iPhone. Set up your iPhone after it restarts. You can restore your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud backup.
2. How to Factory Reset iPhone 13/14 When Locked with iTunes
iTunes is the official way of restoring iPhone to factory settings if you forgot the passcode. And for people who use iTunes a lot, this tool is very helpful. We are going to jot down the steps for the same in this section. Please have a look and learn how to factory reset iPhone when locked.
- Launch iTunes after updating to the latest version on a pre-trusted computer. Get your iPhone connected to the computer through a USB cable.
Now click the device icon from the top left corner of the iTunes interface followed by 'Summary'. Click on the 'Restore iPhone' button later and confirm the actions to complete the process.
When it comes to the problem that iTunes cannot detect your locked iPhone, turn off your iPhone and put it into recovery mode. Then you will get the Restore option.
3. How to Factory Reset iPhone 13/14 When Locked with iCloud
The third tool we often use to factory reset a locked iPhone is the iCloud's Find iPhone feature. It has the option to erase iPhone which removes the forgotten passcode too. Remember that this will work if you have turned on Find My iPhone on your locked device. Let's go for it.
- Open the internet browser and head to iCloud's official website on a computer or mobile phone and sign in to your iCloud account.
Now, on the iCloud's main screen, click 'Find iPhone' and you'll be redirected to a new screen where you can locate your locked iPhone.
Next, select your locked iPhone from the 'All Devices' drop down menu. Hit on 'Erase iPhone' after that.
- Confirm you actions by tapping the 'Erase' button to factory reset your locked iPhone.
One more word, with Apple ID, how to factory reset iPhone when locked without computer? You can erase it on the iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout screen. It is only for iOS 15.2 and later versions.
4. Video Tutorial on How to Factory Reset iPhone When Locked
We offer you some ways to factory reset locked iPhone and hope now you understand how each process work well and how to exercise them. If asked how to factory reset iPhone when locked, we would give Tenorshare 4uKey the first rank since it is comparatively smooth to work and complete the process faster. Concluding the topic here! Thanks!