How to Reset Disabled iPhone without iTunes
Whether you are selling the iPhone or it is showing some glitch and not responding, a factory reset often resolves the issue. You often come across situations, where you need to instantly factory reset your iPhone. But, the problem lies in not having a computer at hand or having iTunes within it to carry out the process. Well! Do you think in such situations; you will be able to factory reset your iPhone seamlessly? We would be glad to assist you in explaining how to reset disabled iPhone without iTunes.
Here, we have picked up the most effective solution for resetting your disabled iPhone without using iTunes.
- Part 1: iTunes can Reset Disabled iPhone?
- Part 2: One Click to Reset Disabled iPhone without iTunes and Passcode
Part 1: Can iTunes Reset Disabled iPhone?
Well, iTunes can help you reset your disabled iPhone. There are 2 ways to deal with the situation. One is when you have synched with iTunes, and another one is when you haven't synced it. But this 2 ways are probabilistic.
1. iPhone has been synced to iTunes
In this method, your iPhone can get unlocked without passcode, but the iPhone data gets completely wiped out as well as the network settings, passcodes etc.
- 1. Launch iTunes and update it to the latest version prior to connecting your iPhone through a lightning cable with the computer.
- 2. Tap on 'Restore iPhone' under 'Summary' tab of iTunes and re-tap 'Restore' for confirmation.
- 3. iTunes will wipe off your device while installing the latest iOS and restore your iPhone to its factory settings. All you need is set up the iPhone again as a new one after restarting it.
2. iPhone never synced to iTunes
Apart from the above method, you can try out the 'recovery mode' in case you haven't synched your iPhone with iTunes. The process will remove the passcode and device as well with the settings and data.
1.Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
2. Now, you need to perform the following steps on your iPhone till it enters the 'recovery mode'.
iPhone 6S or earlier – Hold down the 'Home' and 'Sleep/Wake' buttons till 'Connect to iTunes' appear on your iPhone screen.
iPhone 7 or later – Click and hold the 'Sleep/Wake' and 'Volume Down' buttons until you see 'Connect to iTunes' appear on screen.
iPhone 8 and later – Quickly tap and release the 'Volume Up' button and repeat the same with the 'Volume Down' button. Now, hold down the 'Sleep/Wake' button unless the 'Connect to iTunes' screen appears on screen.
3. You'll now get to see that iTunes' flashing up a message saying, "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode". Select 'OK' followed by 'Restore' option after that and confirm your actions. Lastly, set up your iPhone once restore is over.
Part 2: One Click to Reset Disabled iPhone ithout iTunes and Passcode
The above methods are applicable, when there is iTunes. But, for situations when you don't have iTunes Tenorshare 4uKey is a more viable solution. For an iPhone which is having a broken screen, got disabled or you have been locked out of it, this tool is pretty effective. It bypasses iPhone passcode very easily, whether it's a Face ID, 4 to 6- digit passcode, or a Touch ID. It supports the latest iOS and enables you to factory reset the iPhone without any passcode. The following section comprises of how to reset disabled iPhone without iTunes in step-by-step process.
Step 1: Browse the official website of Tenorshare 4uKey for downloading the software on your computer. Install it once the download is complete and then run it.
Step 2: Now that the software has been installed and launched, you need to connect your iPhone. Get an authorized USB cable and connect the iPhone with the PC. Allow the software for detecting the iPhone and then press the 'Start' button from the 4uKey interface.
Step 3: Now, hit the 'Download' button as soon as the latest iOS firmware gets downloaded on your system.
Step 4: Press the 'Start Unlock' button to get rid of the passcode from your iPhone, after downloading the iOS. Let some time pass to get the process accomplished.
Step 5: Your iPhone is active now and is like a fresh one that you have bought. So, you have to set up it again and key in the desired Passcode, Face ID and Touch ID settings. For setting up and restoring your iPhone, you can use iCloud or iTunes backup.
Coming to the end of this topic, you now have idea about resetting disabled iPhone without iTunes. And we hope that you can now do it by yourself using the most effective tool available in the market i.e. Tenorshare 4uKey. It is the perfect tool to work with when you have no technical knowledge and wants the most convenient way for resetting the iPhone.