[Solved] Recover Lost Pictures/Videos/Documents/Audios from Dell on Windows 10
"Did the Windows 10 upgrade on Dell and I lost my data files, music, pictures, documents, etc. how can I get them back?"
Honestly speaking, losing data on Windows 10 occurs far too often, no matter you accidently delete it or some inexplicable problems occur. It is urgent to get back lost files on your Windows 10 immediately. So in this article, we will mainly cover how to recover lost data on Dell Windows 10 PC, including Dell Inspiron, Latitude, XPS etc.
- Part 1: Restore from Your Backup
- Part 2: Recover Lost Data from Dell Windows 10 with UltData - Windows Data Recovery
By far, the most stress-free approach to data recovery after a crash us to simply restore the data from your most recent backup. So the first thing you should do after data loss in your Dell is to refer to the backup you have made. You don't have a backup? No need to worry. Keep reading.
Recovering data is not easy specifically when you don't have backed up your computer before. Therefore, we recommend you take use of a professional Windows 10 data recovery tool. UltData - Windows Data Recovery is an outstanding one. It enables you to retrieve photos, video, music, documents, etc. up to 500 types of files from Dell laptop running Windows 10.
You can free download the software to your Dell PC first and follow the tutorial below to see how to perform lost data recovery for Windows 10.
Step 1: Run this program after downloading and installing. Please note that don't download and install it on the partition you lost files.
Step 2: Select the file locations you want to recover and then click on "Scan" to launch the process.
Step 3: After scanning, you will see all the files stored on your computer listed by path, types or time. Preview them to check if you need them and then select the files you would like to recover. Click "Recover" to start recovery.
Upgrading Dell to Windows 10 without Losing Programs and Data
Since most Dell data loss happens when you do the Windows 10 upgrade, you will be glad to know that you can keep your data during the upgrade. In other words, you can upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data.
- If you upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, you can preserve Windows settings, personal files, and most applications during the upgrade. Some software such as antivirus programs might not just work. You might also need to update hardware drivers after completing the upgrade.
- If you upgrade Windows 8 or 8.1, you can keep your personal data, Windows settings and most of the applications while upgrading to Windows 10.
- If you are on Windows Vista, unfortunately, you can keep nothing during the upgrade.
Note that Windows Media Center will not be available in Windows 10. When you upgrade your Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 installation with Windows Media Center to Windows 10, Windows Media Center will be left out.