Top 3 WhatsApp Backup Extractor 2018
WhatsApp has become an essential messaging app for many users to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. With time, it may contain many important messages and media. However, WhatsApp only keeps your message history for 7 days, and iTunes/iCloud backup won’t allow you read it until you restore your phone. If you need to extract data from WhatsApp backup, a WhatsApp backup extractor is a great tool for you. Here we list the top 3 WhatsApp backup extractor 2018 that can help you extract WhatsApp data easily and quickly.
Top 1. Tenorshare UltData
Tenorshare UltData comes to my first recommendation because it is a little but useful WhatsApp backup extractor for PC/Mac to extract WhatsApp messages from your iTunes or iCloud backup without restoring your iPhone.
- Flexibly extract WhatsApp messages, attachments from iCloud/iTunes backup without restoring the whole backup.
- Extract WhatsApp messages from iOS device directly.
- Allows to preview WhatsApp chat history (sender, date, contents, etc.)
- Exported data will be saved as readable file.
How to Extract WhatsApp Message from Backup File?
1. Extract from iTunes backup: Run UltData and select recover from iTunes backup file. The extractor will display all available iTunes backups. You can choose one of the backup to scan and extract WhatsApp chats.
2. Extract from iCloud backup: Run UltData and select recover from iCloud backup file. Log into your iCloud account. The program will show you all backups on the account and you can download the backups and view WhatsApp messages inside.
Top 2. Backuptrans Android WhatsApp Transfer
Backuptrans Android WhatsApp Transfer is a professional WhatsApp Extractor for Android that can extract WhatsApp Chat History to Android from PC and let you view WhatsApp conversations on your computer easily.
- Backup and restore WhatsApp Chat History on Android device.
- Transfer WhatsApp Messages between Android Phones directly.
- Export WhatsApp Messages to document file(Txt, Csv, Doc, Html, PDF).
- Decrypt and read chat messages from WhatsApp backup file.
Download link: http://www.backuptrans.com/android-whatsapp-transfer.html
How to Use Backuptrans to Read Chat Messages from WhatsApp Backup?
Step 1. Connect your Android phone to computer via USB. Find the WhatsApp backup folder in /storage/emulated/0/WhatsAppor /sdcard/WhatsApp and copy it on your computer.
Step 2. Now run Backuptrans Android WhatsApp Transfer software, right click database icon and then choose "Import Android WhatsApp Backup Data".
Step 3. Select the WhatsApp backup database file(*.db.crypt*) on computer. Then click "OK" to continue.
Step 4. Enter your Android account in order to decrypt the file. Click on 'Ok' to continue. All the messages in that file will be decrypted and extracted successfully. You can read all WhatsApp messages on PC now.
Top 3. WhatsApp Google Drive Extractor
WhatsApp Google Drive Extractor is a useful tool that allows WhatsApp users on Android to extract their backed up WhatsApp data from Google Drive.
- OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X or Linux
- Python 2.x or 3.x - If not installed: https://www.python.org/downloads/.
- Android device with WhatsApp installed and the Google Drive backup feature enabled.
- Google services device id (if you want to reduce the risk of being logged out of Google).
Search Google Play for "device id" for plenty of apps that can reveal this information.
- Google account login credentials (username and password).
How to Extract WhatsApp Backup Data from Google Drive?
Step 1. Extract “WhatsApp-GD-Extractor-master.zip”.
Step 2. Edit the [auth] section in “settings.cfg”.
Step 3. Run python WhatsAppGDExtract.py from your command console.
Step 4. Read the usage examples that are displayed.
Step 5. Run any of the examples.
That’s all about how to use WhatsApp Backup Extractor to extract WhatsApp data from iTunes/iCoud backup or Google Drive. If you think the tools we shared in this article is helpful, please share with your friends.