Top 3 WhatsApp Backup Extractor 2019
WhatsApp has become an essential messaging app for many users to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. With time, it may contain many important messages and media. However, WhatsApp only keeps your message history for 7 days, and iTunes/iCloud backup won't allow you read it until you restore your phone. If you need to extract data from WhatsApp backup, a WhatsApp backup extractor is a great tool for you. Here we list the top 3 WhatsApp backup extractor 2018 that can help you extract WhatsApp data easily and quickly.
- Part1: The Best iOS WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- Part2: Great Android WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- Part3: Another Tool to Extract WhatsApp Backup
- Part4: Comparison of the 3 Tools
Part1: The Best iOS WhatsApp Backup Extractor
When it comes to WhatsApp backup extractor, Tenorshare UltData is worth mentioning. UltData comes to my first recommendation because it is a little but useful WhatsApp backup extractor for PC/Mac to extract WhatsApp messages from your iTunes or iCloud backup without restoring your iPhone.
- Flexibly extract WhatsApp messages, attachments from iCloud/iTunes backup without restoring the whole backup.
- Extract WhatsApp messages from iOS device directly.
- Allows to preview WhatsApp chat history (sender, date, contents, etc.)
- Exported data will be saved as readable file.
How to Extract WhatsApp Message from iOS device directly ?
1: Connect iOS Device to Computer
Launch UltData on your computer. The default mode is "Recover from iOS Device". The program will detect your iOS device automatically if it is connected and trusted.
2: Start Scanning iOS Device
You can tick "WhatsApp & Attachments", then click "Start Scan" to proceed.
3. You can recover data from iOS device
How to Extract WhatsApp Message from Backup File?
1. Extract from iTunes backup: Run UltData and select recover from iTunes backup file. The extractor will display all available iTunes backups. You can choose one of the backup to scan and extract WhatsApp chats.
2. Extract from iCloud backup: Run UltData and select recover from iCloud backup file. Log into your iCloud account. The program will show you all backups on the account and you can download the backups and view WhatsApp messages inside.
Part2: Great Android WhatsApp Backup Extractor
For Android users,Tenorshare UltData for Android is the perfect software to help you recover WhatsApp messages from any Android devices, like Samsung, Motorola, HTC, Google Nexus, LG, Sony, etc. Below is the user guide for this program. To get started, download Tenorshare Android Data Recovery and install it on your PC. Then follow the guide.
1. Connect Your Android Device
Launch Android Data Recovery, you will get the interface like below. Connect your Android device via the OEM USB cable.
2. Enable USB Debugging
Please make sure you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone. And you can choose the corresponding Android version to enable USB debugging. Here take the Android 6.0 or newer for example.
3. Start Scanning
After your device is detected, click "OK" when a window pops up on your device's screen to allow USB debugging.
Choose the files type "WhatsApp messages & attachments" to scan when connection is finished. Then click on "Next". The software will scan your device.
4.Recover and Save the Files
Click "Recover" to recover and save the lost files on your PC. Text messages and call history can be saved in .txt, .xml, .xls.
Part3: Another Tool to Extract WhatsApp Backup
In the last part, we would like to show you another WhatsApp Backup Extractor, Backuptrans to view WhatsApp conversations on your computer. Here is how to use Backuptrans to decrypt and read chat messages from WhatsApp backup.
Download link: http://www.backuptrans.com/android-whatsapp-transfer.html
Step 1. Connect your Android phone to computer via USB. Find the WhatsApp backup folder in /storage/emulated/0/WhatsAppor /sdcard/WhatsApp and copy it on your computer.
Step 2. Now run Backuptrans Android WhatsApp Transfer software, right click database icon and then choose "Import Android WhatsApp Backup Data".
Step 3. Select the WhatsApp backup database file(*.db.crypt*) on computer. Then click "OK" to continue.
Step 4. Enter your Android account in order to decrypt the file. Click on 'Ok' to continue. All the messages in that file will be decrypted and extracted successfully. You can read all WhatsApp messages on PC now.
Part4: Comparison of the 3 Tools
|UltData||Android Data Recovery||Backuptrans|
|Automatically Scan Data|
|Phone Account Necessary|
That's all about how to use WhatsApp Backup Extractor to extract WhatsApp data. I think you must have deep impression about the first 2 tools for their simple operation and high efficiency.If you think the tools we shared in this article is helpful, please share with your friends.