Best Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud 2023
WhatsApp is a multi-platform instant messaging app. You can use it to converse with others like your friends and family. But sometimes there are conversations that are very important to you and you need to keep them safe so that you can just get back to them whenever needed. That's where you use an iCloud backup.
And in turn, when you need them, you inevitably need to restore them to get access to those files. And no matter which model of iPhone you are using like iPhone 14/13/12, there is no official way to selectively restore WhatsApp from iCloud.
But don't worry, there is an unconventional way to perform that task, and that is mentioned in this article.
- Part 1: The Top Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud without Deleting
- Part 2: The Regular Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud
- Part 3: Selectively Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup
- Part 4: Unable to Restore WhatsApp to iCloud, How to Fix?
Part 1: The Top Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud without Deleting
Here’s a top and great way to restore WhatsApp messages from iCloud without deleting your account - Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer.
It’s a trusted WhatsApp data transfer, backup and restore tool. With this tool, you can easily transfer any of your WhatsApp data between Android and iOS device, restore Google Drive backup to iPhone, more and more...
Without any nonsense, let’s see how it works:
Download and install iCareFone Transfer on your PC/Mac. Then connect your iPhone to the computer. From the main interface, choose the WhatsApp icon and head to the Backup section.
Now choose “From iCloud” from the top menu.
- Now you just need to follow the on-screen instructions to finish the backup download process.
When your WhatsApp iCloud backup has been successfully downloaded, you can now restore the data to your device.
Part 2: The Regular Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud
How to restore WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Android or iPhone? A question asked by a lot of users because Apple hasn't provided any directions to perform that task. But that does not mean that it is an impossible thing to do, there are ways to do that within the WhatsApp app itself and the steps are mentioned below. So, if you want to transfer WhatsApp from iCloud, then:
- 1. Go to the Settings of your WhatsApp.
- 2. Then go to Chat Settings.
- 3. After that tap Chat Backup and verify that it is backed up on iCloud. Make sure to include videos as well.
- 4. Now, delete the app from your phone and then install it again.
- 5. Lastly, you have to verify your phone number and follow the procedure on the screen.
- 6. You will get a prompt of "Restore Chat History". Tap and you are good to go!
This will restore WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Android or iOS instantly. For Android make sure it is Google Drive. Keep in mind, the phone number for both backup and restoration must be the same; otherwise, you will face serious problems.
Part 3: Selectively Restore WhatsApp Messages from Device/iTunes Backup
Unfortunately, Apple didn't provide any way to selectively extract a particular file from your device or iTunes backup, the official way restores the whole backup file which can be very frustrating. But since the launch of Tenorshare UltData, that particular problem does not exist anymore as this third-party tool is able to instantly recover particular data from the iCloud backup file, in this cases, it is WhatsApp messages. Also, you don't have to reset the device before restoring unlike in the Apple's official restoration method. If you need to know how to restore WhatsApp from your device or iTunes then read the steps below.
- 1. You need to download the software on your computer. You must get the latest version and then double-click on the setup file to install it.
- 2. Now, run UltData on your computer and choose the "Recover from iCloud Backup" mode.
- 3. After that, you need to sign-in to your iCloud account. Use your Apple ID.
- 4. Inside the iCloud account, all of your backup files will be listed with details.
- 5. Now, choose a backup and click "Next".
- 6. On the next window, you have to choose the files so that they can be downloaded and scanned. Choose "WhatsApp & Attachments" and click "Next".
- 7. After the files are completely downloaded, UltData will start scanning them immediately.
- 8. After scanning you will get a preview of the files.
- 9. Now, just select the files you want and click on "Recovery".
This convenient and efficient procedure will let you selectively recover your WhatsApp messages and attachments from iCloud backup easily.
Part 4: Unable to Restore WhatsApp to iCloud, How to Fix?
If you are having trouble to transfer WhatsApp from iCloud to Android or iPhone, then don't panic. There may be some problems in the settings or other places that are disrupting the procedure. So, before you take your phone to the service center, follow the steps below.
- First, you need to make sure that you have used the same phone number on both backup and restore, otherwise iCloud will fail to restore the backups.
- Next, confirm that you have enough space on your mobile phone. So, you need to verify the available space on your phone.
- 1. Open your iPhone and go to Settings.
- 2. After that navigate to About through General.
- If the above is positive, then you need to confirm that the iCloud drive is turned on. So, for that:
- 1. Go to your iPhone Settings.
- 2. Then tap on your name and go to iCloud.
- 3. Find out if the iCloud Drive is activated. If not activate it by sliding the switch to green.
- Finally, if all else fails then use a different Wi-Fi network to restore the backup. As we all know you need a strong Wi-Fi network to restore iCloud backups. So, if the connection is weak then the restore process will fail.
Overall, here is how you can get your WhatsApp messages from iCloud both by using the app and by a third-party tool Tenorshare UltData. The regular way is a bit difficult and cumbersome as it requires uninstalling and reinstalling of the app so as to achieve the target. So, it is very clear that UltData is a much easier option that comes with selective restoration option and you won't ever have to reset your device as well. Go for it!
- Recover deleted WhatsApp data directly from iOS devices and iTunes backup;
- Support the scanning and reading of encrypted iTunes backup files;
- Support 7+ file types (contacts, photos,chats,voice messages, etc.);
- Compatible with latest iOS 16 and iPhone 14/Plus/Pro/Pro Max;