Best Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud 2023
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2023-03-14 / Update for iCloud
WhatsApp is a multi-platform instant messaging app. You can use it to converse with others like your friends and family. But sometimes there are conversations that are very important to you and you need to keep them safe so that you can just get back to them whenever needed. That's where you use an iCloud backup.
And in turn, when you need them, you inevitably need to restore them to get access to those files. And no matter which model of iPhone you are using like iPhone 14/13/12, there is no official way to selectively restore WhatsApp from iCloud.
But don't worry, there is an unconventional way to perform that task, and that is mentioned in this article.
- Part 1: The Top Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud without Deleting
- Part 2: The Regular Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud
- Part 3: Selectively Restore WhatsApp Messages from iPhone or iTunes Backup
- Part 4: Unable to Restore WhatsApp to iCloud, How to Fix?
Part 1: The Top Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud without Deleting
Here’s a top and great way to restore WhatsApp messages from iCloud without deleting your account - Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer.
It’s a trusted WhatsApp data transfer, backup and restore tool. With this tool, you can easily transfer any of your WhatsApp data between Android and iOS device, restore Google Drive backup to iPhone, more and more...
Without any nonsense, let’s see how it works:
Download and install iCareFone Transfer on your PC/Mac. Then connect your iPhone to the computer. From the main interface, choose the WhatsApp icon and head to the Backup section.
Now choose “From iCloud” from the top menu.
- Now you just need to follow the on-screen instructions to finish the backup download process.
When your WhatsApp iCloud backup has been successfully downloaded, you can now restore the data to your device.
Part 2: The Regular Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud
How to restore WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Android or iPhone? A question asked by a lot of users because Apple hasn't provided any directions to perform that task. But that does not mean that it is an impossible thing to do, there are ways to do that within the WhatsApp app itself and the steps are mentioned below. So, if you want to transfer WhatsApp from iCloud, then:
- Go to the Settings of your WhatsApp. Then go to Chat Settings.
- After that tap Chat Backup and verify that it is backed up on iCloud. Make sure to include videos as well.
- Now, delete the app from your phone and then install it again.
- Lastly, you have to verify your phone number and follow the procedure on the screen.
- You will get a prompt of "Restore Chat History". Tap and you are good to go!
This will restore WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Android or iOS instantly. For Android make sure it is Google Drive. Keep in mind, the phone number for both backup and restoration must be the same; otherwise, you will face serious problems.
Part 3: Selectively Restore WhatsApp Messages from iPhone or iTunes Backup
Unfortunately, Apple didn't provide any way to selectively extract a particular file from your device or iTunes backup, the official way restores the whole backup file which can be very frustrating. But since the launch of Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery, that particular problem does not exist as this third-party tool is able to instantly recover particular WhatsApp messages from iTunes backup file.
- You need to download the software on your computer. Get the latest version and double-click on the setup file to install it.
Now, run UltData WhatsApp Recovery on your computer and choose the "iTunes" mode.
All of your backup files will be listed Now, choose a backup and click "Start Scan".
The program will scan the WhatsApp data in the iTunes backup.
After the files are completely scanned, you can get a preview of the files. Now just select the files you want and click on "Recover".
This convenient and efficient procedure will let you selectively recover your WhatsApp messages and attachments from iTunes backup easily.
Part 4: Unable to Restore WhatsApp to iCloud, How to Fix?
If you are having trouble to transfer WhatsApp from iCloud to Android or iPhone, then don't panic. There may be some problems in the settings or other places that are disrupting the procedure. So, before you take your phone to the service center, follow the steps below.
- First, you need to make sure that you have used the same phone number on both backup and restore, otherwise iCloud will fail to restore the backups.
- Next, confirm that you have enough space on your mobile phone. So, you need to verify the available space on your phone.
Open your iPhone and go to Settings. After that navigate to About through General.
If the above is positive, then you need to confirm that the iCloud drive is turned on.
- Finally, if all else fails then use a different Wi-Fi network to restore the backup. As we all know you need a strong Wi-Fi network to restore iCloud backups. So, if the connection is weak then the restore process will fail.
Overall, here is how you can get your WhatsApp messages from iCloud both by using the WhatsApp app and by a third-party tool - Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer. The regular way is a bit difficult and cumbersome as it requires uninstalling and reinstalling of the app. And Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery is a much easier option that comes with iTunes selective restoration option. Go for it!
- Recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android devices;
- Recover deleted WhatsApp data directly from iOS devices;
- Support the scanning and reading of encrypted iTunes backup files;
- Support 7+ file types (contacts, photos,chats,voice messages, etc.);
- Compatible with latest iOS 16 and Android 12/13.