5 Ways to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
by Anna Sherry Updated on 2023-03-14 / Update for WhatsApp
Losing important WhatsApp messages can be quite disturbing. However, this is a common scenario among users and therefore the thought of data retrieval is inevitable. If you have accidentally deleted your WhatsApp messages which you really need, then you are in the right place. In this article, you shall receive a detailed guide on how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
- Way 1: Recover Deleted Messages from WhatsApp iCloud Backup
- Way 2: How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone Selectively (WITHOUT BACKUP)
- Way 3: Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iTunes Backup
- Way 4: Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup
- Way 5: Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages from the Recipient
Way 1: Recover Deleted Messages from WhatsApp iCloud Backup
WhatsApp chat can be backed up to iCloud for you to restore your chat history. But you can't preview and select the messages you want in this way. Below is the steps on how to recover deleted WhatsApp chat.
- First ensure that you already backed up WhatsApp messages in iCloud or simply switch on the auto backup.
Check this by simply navigating to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- Now uninstall WhatsApp on your iPhone and reinstall from App Store then verify your phone number.
- A welcome notification asking you to restore chat history shall be displayed.
Just select the "Restore Chat History" option and the restore process shall immediately begin and complete soon.
Way 2: How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone Selectively (WITHOUT BACKUP)
Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery is the powerful WhatsApp recovery tool. It is designed for iOS recovery and later will support Android WhatsApp. You can seamlessly recover deleted WhatsApp messages directly from iPhone and iTunes backups.
This tool is compatible with both Mac and Windows PC plus it supports multiple file types including deleted chats, photos and videos, files and attachments.
Related Read: How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone using UltData WhatsApp Recovery
Download and install UltData WhatsApp Recovery on your PC. Now connect your iPhone with the PC using a USB cable. Click "Device" and allow the program detect your iPhone.
Hit the "Start Scan" button. The program would automatically commence the WhatsApp data scanning process.
After successful scanning, the list of deleted WhatsApp shall be displayed. Select WhatsApp option on the left panel and then preview these deleted WhatsApp messages on the screen. Then hit the "Recover" button.
Way 3: Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iTunes Backup
This guide pertains to those who back up their iPhone to iTunes in regular basis. The process of restoring WhatsApp messages from iTunes backups is illustrated below. With this way, you can't only select the WhatsApp backup but restore the whole iTunes backup.
- Open iTunes and connect the target iPhone. Tap the iPhone icon and choose the option "Restore Backup".
Now select the backup file containing the target WhatsApp messages and click Restore to retrieve them into your iPhone.
Do not want to restore the full iTunes backup? Then you might as well use Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery to selectively restore deleted WhatsApp messages from iTunes backup.
Way 4: Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup
Unlike the first WhatsApp iCloud backup, this way to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup is to restore the whole iCloud backup too. First, you have to confirm iCloud backup has activated on your iPhone. Then you need to erase your iPhone before restore. Proceed as follows.
Navigate to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings.
After your iPhone resets and restarts, set it up until the "Apps & Data" screen is visible. Choose "Restore from iCloud Backup" option.
- Choose the iCloud backup and wait until the restore process is successfully completed. Make sure the Wi-Fi network is not disconnected as the process runs.
Way 5: Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages from the Recipient
You may accidentally delete WhatsApp chats of one contact which are still saved on their WhatsApp. And to recover these deleted messages, get help from the contact. You can ask them to export the chat and send the file to you.
- Contact the recipient and tell them to find your chat box. Swipe left and tap on More.
Select Export Chat. Media can be attached too. Then send it to you through AirDrop, Messages or other possible ways.
- Now you get back the deleted WhatsApp chat history with your firend. Open the file to check at anytime.
That's pretty much it! There are a number of ways one can retrieve deleted whatsapp messages. This article has given you the best 5 ways to recover any lost Whatsapp messages. This includes using Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery which stands a cut above those we reviewed and others in the market. So, just take your pick and recover your coveted messages!
- Recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android devices;
- Recover deleted WhatsApp data directly from iOS devices;
- Support the scanning and reading of encrypted iTunes backup files;
- Support 7+ file types (contacts, photos,chats,voice messages, etc.);
- Compatible with latest iOS 16 and Android 12/13.