How to Change Screen Time Passcode on Child's Phone (iPhone 15 Supported)
In 2018, Apple took a great initiative in the right direction by introducing a feature called Apple Screen Time. This feature enables the parents to track their child's screen time and assists them in having better control over the content they engage with.
This post will discuss the screen time app and how to change the screen time password on your child's phone.
Part 1. How to Control My Child's Phone with Screen Time
Parents are highly concerned with the limit of screen time and the websites their children view. The screen time application helps parents in this regard.
How to Create A Passcode for Screen Time App
You can create a password for the screen time app so that you can change the settings and change the time limit to increase or decrease it on your child's phone.
Steps to create a passcode if using Family Sharing to manage the account:
- Go to the settings option on your device and click screen time.
- Go down and select your child's device under family.
- Turn on Screen Time and click Continue.
- Manage and set the downtime, allowed apps, Content and Privacy, and app limit settings. Or press not now option.
- Now press Use Screen Passcode. Enter and re-enter your password and select 'Confirm.'
- Also, enter your Apple ID and password.
Steps to create a passcode if not using Family Sharing to manage child's account:
- Make sure to open your child's device.
- Go to settings, turn on Screen Time and click Continue.
- Click on the option' this is my child's device.'
- Manage and set the downtime, allowed apps, Content and Privacy, and app limit settings for further limitations. Or press not now option.
- Now press Use Screen Passcode. Enter and re-enter your password and select 'Confirm.' Also, enter your Apple ID and password.
How to Change Screen Time Passcode on Child's Phone
Many parents ask how I change screen time passcode on my child's phone if he/she learns the password somehow. Here are simple steps to change the password:
- Open the Screen time App on your Family Sharing account or your child's device.
- Go to settings, click on the 'Lock' this opens the Lock Setting Screen to change the Pin code.
Part 2. What to Do If I Forgot My Child's Screen Time Passcode
Several parents ask this question, what to do if I forget the Screen Time password. You can get help from Apple Support or Go to the Lock settings of Screen Time and click the 'Forgot Passcode.'
There are various apps to reset your password, from which Tenorshare 4uKey is one of the best apps if you forget your Screen Time passcode keeping your data safe. Here are four simple steps to reset your password using Tenorshare 4uKey:
First of all, download Tenorshare 4uKey on your iOS device and install it. After launching the program, click on 'Remove Screen Time Passcode.'
Now connect your iOS device to the PC using a USB cable. And make sure your device is activated. A pop-up message will appear if your PC is not trusted. Click on 'Trust' to proceed.
Click on 'Start Remove.'
Now, you need to disable the Find my iPhone option to remove the Screen Time password. To disable Find My, go to settings. Click on Find My (your device) and turn it off.
As soon as you turn off Find My iPhone, wait for a few seconds, and the program will start removing the Screen Time Passcode immediately.
After that, your device will restart. Keep in mind to select Don't Transfer Apps & Data to avoid data loss while setting up the device. And when setting up Screen Time, select Set Up Later in Settings.
Now you have successfully removed Screen Time Password without losing your data.
People Also Ask: Can Two Parents Control Screen Time
You can set up a Family Sharing account with both parents and your children. By this, you can monitor your child even if your spouse is busy. To set a Family Sharing account, go to settings. Click Family Sharing and then add your name, child, or family member's name. Now you can alter settings and screen time limit accordingly.
Screen monitoring is crucial in this time period. With the help of the Screen Time app Tenorshare 4uKey, you can watch what your kids are doing on their devices and limit the on-screen time.