How to Remove Time Limit on iPhone & iPad 2023
by Anna Sherry Updated on 2022-04-20 / Update for Screen Time
We spend a significant portion of days staring at our iPhone screens everyday. To have some sort of filter or control over the amount of screen time, people resort to time limit features present on iPhone and iPad. We do not only need to know how to set app limits, but also learn how to remove time limit on iPhone with/without passcode.
- Part 1: What is Time Limit in Screen Time
- Part 2: How to Set App Limits on iPhone
- Part 3: How to Remove Time Limit on iPhone with Passcode
- Part 4: How to Turn Off Time Limit on iPhone without Passcode
Part 1: What is Time Limit in Screen Time
Screen Time is a feature on iPhone that enables you to monitor the time spent on your iPhone in a day. You can decide whether you need to put a time limit on iPhone for a better and productive day. Additionally, you might be worries about your child addiction to iPhone, in such case, app restrictions and time limit in screen time are the answer for you.
Part 2: How to Set App Limits on iPhone
Screen Time can set many kinds of limits and restrictions on iPhone and here we take App Limits as example. App limits iPhone give you the power to control the time spent on an app in a whole day. In order to set app limits iPhone, follow the directions below.
- Open settings on your iPhone and look for Screen Time.
- Now in the options below, tap on App Limits. Once there, see if the toggle in front of App Limits is turned on. If not, tap on the toggle.
Now, tap on Add Limit. You will now be presented with all the applications on your iPhone, some of them grouped into categories. Choose the app you want to put limit on.
- Tap on Next in the upper right corner. Now select the time.
- That’s it, you are done and have successfully set app limits iPhone for specific apps that you want.
- After the time, you will see "You have reached your time limit iPhone" notice.
Part 3: How to Remove Time Limit on iPhone with Passcode
When you see the app limits iPhone do not fulfil your basic needs, you have to enter the screen time passcode to get more time. So you may want to turn off time limit on iPhone or iPad, which is pretty easy and can be done in Settings.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Screen Time.
1. Tap on App Limits, and look for the app whose limits you want to remove. Tap on it and then Delete Limits.
2. Tap on Turn Off Screen Time to remove all the restrictions you set with this screen time passcode.
Part 4: How to Turn Off Time Limit on iPhone without Passcode
You forgot your screen time passcode and now you need to turn off time limit on iPhone? Do not panic as there are multiple ways to remove this screen time passcode. One of these, which is the most reliable, is by using a software - Tenorshare 4uKey. And it can remove time limit iPhone without asking for passcode. What's more important, the process will not erase any other data on your iPhone or iPad. Follow the directions below.
- Download and install the software on your computer. Launch the software, Find My iPhone must be turned off before you can proceed with the procedure.
Download and install 4uKey on your computer. Run the software and click on Remove Screen Time Passcode.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, and tap on Trust on your iPhone.
Once done, click on Start to Remove that appears on the next screen.
- In order to go through with this process, Find my iPhone has to be disabled. An on-screen guide will help you do this.
The removal process takes a couple minutes, so wait patiently.
Your iPhone will now restart. And while setting up the device, ensure that you select Don’t Transfer Apps & Data to avoid data loss. Choose Set Up Later in Settings while setting up screen time.
This is how to remove time limit on iPhone without passcode.
Time limit on iPhone can limit time usage iPhone, and have a control on how long you or others can use the device. While this option is a really great one, you also need to know how to remove time limit on iPhone in case you need to use an application for more time. This can be accomplished by entering the screen time passcode. But if you do not have access or cannot remember the passcode, then using Tenorshare 4uKey.
- Remove Apple ID or iCloud account on iPhone/iPad without password
- Bypass iPhone/iPad screen passwords instantly
- Bypass MDM Screen from iPhone/iPad
- Remove screen time passcode in 3 simple steps
- Fix disabled iPhone/iPad without iTunes or iCloud