How to Turn Off Screen Time Passcode on iPhone and iPad
"Looks like I forgot my screen time passcode and I want to turn it off."
When you enable the Screen Time feature on your iOS-based device such as your iPhone or iPad, you are asked to create a passcode to protect the feature settings. That way you will be asked to enter your passcode each time you want to modify something in the feature. If you have forgotten your passcode or you no longer want to use a passcode with Screen Time on your device, you may turn off Screen Time passcode on your iPhone and iPad with a few easy steps.
It is easy to turn the Screen Time passcode off whether you already know the passcode, or you are not aware of it. The steps for turning off the passcode vary in both the situations, but our guide below covers all of that for you. It shows how you can disable Screen Time passcode on iOS devcies (iPhone 13 included) when you know the password and when you have forgotten the passcode.
- Part 1. How to Turn Off the Screen Time Passcode on iPhone/iPad with the Passcode
- Part 2. How to Remove Screen Time Passcode without Erasing Device?
Part 1. How to Turn Off the Screen Time Passcode on iPhone/iPad with the Passcode
If you are aware of your Screen Time passcode and you wish to turn off the passcode on your iPhone or iPad, this section will help you do it.
As long as you can recall your passcode, it is just a matter of inputting the passcode and tapping on an option to disable the passcode on your device. The following shows exactly how you do it on your iOS device.
- Launch the Settings app from the springboard of your device and tap on Screen Time. It will open the feature settings menu.
- When the Screen Time menu opens on your screen, tap on the option that says Change Screen Time Passcode. Although it says change passcode, it will let you turn off the passcode as well.
- A prompt will appear offering two options for you to choose from. Tap on the option that says Turn Off Screen Time Passcode and it will let you disable the passcode on your device.
Enter in your current passcode and your Screen Time passcode will be turned off.
That is how you disable the Screen Time passcode using the feature itself on your iPhone and iPad.
Part 2. How to Turn Off the Screen Time Passcode If You Forgot It
Disabling the passcode is easy when you can recall the passcode. However, things get interesting when you do not know the passcode and you wish to turn the passcode off.
Fortunately, you still have two ways to turn the Screen Time passcode off on your iOS device. The first method lets you remove the passcode without erasing your device whereas the second method fully erases the device to disable passcode.
1. Use 4uKey - Screen Passcode Unlocker (No Data Loss)
If you do not wish to lose any data stored on your device while disabling the Screen Time passcode, you can use Tenorshare 4uKey - Screen Passcode Unlocker. It allows iOS 12 and above users to remove and disable Screen Time passcode from your devices. Support the latest iPhone 13 and iOS 15. All that you, as a user, needs to do is click on an option in the software and your passcode is removed from your device. The following shows how to do it.
- Grab the latest version of the software and install it on your computer. Launch the software, plug-in your device to your computer, and tap on Trust on your device to trust your computer. Disable the Find My iPhone feature as it is necessary to use the following instructions.
Click on the Remove Screen Time Passcode option in the software on your computer.
Verify the model number of your iOS device on the following screen and click on Start Remove. It will start removing the passcode from your device and you can view the progress on your screen.
The software will let you know when the passcode is removed from your device. And please follow the on-screen guides to set up your iPhone/iPad.
That's all there is to it. The Screen Time passcode has now been disabled on your iOS device.
2. Reset All Content and Settings (All Data Loss)
Another option to disable the Screen Time passcode is to fully reset your device erasing all the content stored on it. If there is not much important data stored on your device and you are fine with getting your data erased, the following is how you remove the passcode from your device.
- Open the Settings app on your device and tap on General followed by Reset.
Tap on Erase All Content and Settings on the following screen.
Your device will be erased, and passcode will be removed.
If you are sick of entering a passcode each time you want to access Screen Time, the above guide should help you how you can turn off Screen Time passcode on iPhone 13 to get rid of the annoyance you are currently facing on your device.