3 Ways to Unlock iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Backup Password for iTunes
Can I Unlock an iPhone 7 Backup If I Forgot the Password?
Trying to restore your iPhone 7 from an iTunes backup but it asks for password to unlock it? iTunes enables you encrypt iPhone backups when syncing your device to protect your privacy. However, this password also caused problems:
- iTunes keeps asking iPhone backup password but you never set.
- Forgot or lost password to unlock your iPhone 7/7Plus backup file.
- The password you entered to unlock your iPhone backup was incorrect.
- iTunes does allow you remove password from your encrypted iTunes backup.
Unfortunately, Apple doesn't offer you anyway to unlock encrypted iTunes backup but erase your device and set up as new. Thus, is it possible to recover lost iTunes backup password for iPhone 7/7 Plus. Please read on.
How to Unlock iTunes Backup Password for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus?
If you unfortunately lost password to unlock iPhone 7/7 Plus backup password, below we list the top 3 ways for your reference.
Way 1: Try Possible Password to Find Lost Password to iPhone 7/7 Plus Backup File
If you forgot iPhone 7 backup password in iTunes or iTunes may ask for a password you never set . Firstly, try the possible password as below:
- Try your iTunes Store password first.
- Try your unlock code for your device.
- Try the default password 0000.
- Try old iTunes password that you set a long time ago but have since changed it.
- Try your Windows Administrator password.
Way 2: Recover Your Lost iTunes Password with iPhone 7 Backup Unlocker
Tenorshare iPhone Backup Unlocker is an efficient and professional tool that can easily recover lost iTunes backup password for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- Download and install iPhone Backup Unlocker on your computer and run it after the installation. click on "Add" on the main interface to import your password protected iPhone backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack to unlock your iPhone backup files.
- Click on "Start" to crack your forgotten iPhone backup password. After several minutes, your password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
Way 3: Find Forgotten iPhone 7 Backup Password with Keychain Access
Mac users have an option to recover iTunes backup password with the Keychain utility (A program in Mac computers containing your passwords for Websites, wireless networks and encrypted iTunes backup file, etc.)
Here is how to:
- Open Keychain Access, found in /Applications/Utilities/
- Use the Search box in the upper right corner and type "iphone backup"
- Double click the result, assuming something is found in Keychain
- Check the box next to "Show password" and enter the Mac administrator password to reveal the lost password associated with the encrypted iPhone backup
To sum up, we have show you 3 ways to unlock encrypted iPhone 7/7 Plus backup file. If you have any other questions, please leave a message in the comment place.