Top 3 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Chat History from Old iPhone to New iPhone
"Is there an easy way to transfer WhatsApp messages from old iPhone to my new iPhone 6?" - By Carlos
Do you encounter the same problems as Carlos? If so, lucky for you, you can find 3 ways to move WhatsApp chats from old iPhone to new iPhone. All iPhone models are supported: iPhone 6/6plu/5s/5c/5/4s and under. Check them and select the best solution for you.
- Way 1: Transfer WhatsApp Conversions from iPhone to iPhone with 1-click iAny Transfer
- Way 2: Restore WhatsApp Messages from Old iPhone to New iPhone with iTunes
- Way 3: Export WhatsApp Chats from Old iPhone to New iPhone with iCloud
iAny Transfer is a safe and easy iOS file transfer application that can transfer WhatsApp messages & contacts, music, videos, photos, contacts and other data among iOS 10/9/8 Devices, iTunes and computer. Unlike iTunes and iCloud, it won't wipe your current data during syncing. The steps are quite easy too.
- Launch this software and then connect your old iPhone with your computer via the USB cable.
- When all the files on your phone, choose "WhatsApp". Then select WhatsApp chats that you want to transfer. Then click the button "Computer" under "Transfer data to" on the right panel. Choose a save path to save the exported files on your computer.
Step 2: Import Chats from PC to New iPhone
- This time you need to disconnect your old iPhone and connect your new iPhone to PC, and again run iPhone WhatsApp messages Transfer software. When it recognizes your iPhone, you can click on "Add" on top of the main interface.
- Select chatss you want to add to your new iPhone.
- When you've finished with the file adding process, click on "Refresh" to make all the changes sync with your new iPhone.
iTunes can restore WhatsApp chats from old iPhone to new one as well. But during restoring, the current data will be erased. Why not turn to safer iOS file transfer software we recommend in Way 1?
- Step 1. Back up your old iPhone using iTunes.
- Step 2. Turn on your new iPhone, and choose your language and country, whether to enable location services, and a Wi-Fi network.
- Step 3. Select "Restore from iTunes Backup" when prompted to set up your device.
- Step 4. Connect your new iPhone to iTunes, and back up your new iPhone using the same computer you used to back up your old iPhone.
- Step 5. iTunes will ask you to "restore from backup" or "set up as new".
- Step 6. Select the backup of your old iPhone and choose "Continue".
Actually, iCloud is handy if you want to move WhasApp conversions from old iPhone to new one. You need to backup your data firstly. Please note, only 5GB free space is provided. If your data are larger than 5GB, you have to choose another solution.
- Step 1. Tap "Settings" on your old iPhone.
- Step 2. Tap "iCloud".
- Step 3. Tap "Backup".
- Step 4. Tap "Back Up Now" and wait for it to finish.
When the backup of your old device is finished, turn on your new device. Follow the setup assistant and select your language and country, whether to enable location services, and a Wi-Fi network.
If you've already set up your device, you can restore it so that you can go through the iOS Setup Assistant again and restore from your backup. Tap "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Erase All Content and Settings". Do this only if you already have a backup.
When you're asked to set up:
- Step 1. Choose "Restore from iCloud Backup".
- Step 2. Enter your Apple ID and password. And agree Apple's "Terms and Conditions".
- Step 3. Choose the backup of your old device and tap "Restore". Wait until the device finishes restoring from the backup.