Top 3 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Chat History from Old iPhone to New iPhone
"Is there an easy way to transfer WhatsApp messages from old iPhone to my new iPhone 6?" - By Carlos
Do you encounter the same problems as Carlos? If so, lucky for you, you can find 3 ways to trasnfer WhatsApp chats from old iPhone to new iPhone. All iPhone models are supported: iPhone 6/6plu/5s/5c/5/4s and under. Check them and select the best solution for you.
- Way 1. The Simplest Way to Transfer WhatsApp Chat History from iPhone to iPhone/Android
- Way 2: Restore WhatsApp Messages from Old iPhone to New iPhone with iTunes
- Way 3: Export WhatsApp Chats from Old iPhone to New iPhone with iCloud
iCareFone - iOS WhatsApp Transfer, Backup & Restore is a safe and easy iOS file transfer application that can transfer WhatsApp from old iPhone to new iPhone or Android. Unlike iTunes and iCloud, it won't require you to backup before your transfer. And the steps are quite easy too. Here are the details about how to transfer old WhatsApp messages to new Phone.
- Download iCareFone and connect your source and target iPhone with the computer via USB cables. (Trusted required)
- Click "Transfer" to start the process of transfer old messages to new phone.
- Wait for the process completed. It may take a few minutes or longer, which depends on the data size.
These are the steps about how to transfer WhatsApp from old iPhone to new iPhone. As for how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android, which you need is to change your target iPhone to an Android device. Next just follow the instructions to operate.
iTunes can restore WhatsApp chats from old iPhone to new one as well. But during restoring, the current data will be erased. Why not turn to safer iOS file transfer software we recommend in Way 1?
- Step 1. Back up your old iPhone using iTunes.
- Step 2. Turn on your new iPhone, and choose your language and country, whether to enable location services, and a Wi-Fi network.
- Step 3. Select "Restore from iTunes Backup" when prompted to set up your device.
- Step 4. Connect your new iPhone to iTunes, and back up your new iPhone using the same computer you used to back up your old iPhone.
- Step 5. iTunes will ask you to "restore from backup" or "set up as new".
- Step 6. Select the backup of your old iPhone and choose "Continue".
Actually, iCloud is handy if you want to move WhasApp conversions from old iPhone to new one. You need to backup your data firstly. Please note, only 5GB free space is provided. If your data are larger than 5GB, you have to choose another solution.
- Step 1. Tap "Settings" on your old iPhone.
- Step 2. Tap "iCloud".
- Step 3. Tap "Backup".
- Step 4. Tap "Back Up Now" and wait for it to finish.
When the backup of your old device is finished, turn on your new device. Follow the setup assistant and select your language and country, whether to enable location services, and a Wi-Fi network.
If you've already set up your device, you can restore it so that you can go through the iOS Setup Assistant again and restore from your backup. Tap "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Erase All Content and Settings". Do this only if you already have a backup.
When you're asked to set up:
- Step 1. Choose "Restore from iCloud Backup".
- Step 2. Enter your Apple ID and password. And agree Apple's "Terms and Conditions".
- Step 3. Choose the backup of your old device and tap "Restore". Wait until the device finishes restoring from the backup.
As we can see that the 3 ways mentioned above are all reaching out to transfer WhatsApp from old iPhone to new iPhone. But there is still a little difference among them. For way 2 and way 3, you need to backup first then to transfer while way 1 needn't. It's safe and more convenient as well as the steps are quite simple. Therefore, if you don't want to backup your WhatsApp massages to reach out the trasnfer, then iCareFone - iOS WhatsApp Transfer, Backup & Restore is just the choice.