6 Easy Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Stickers to New Phone [2023 Easiest Guide]
Hi. I just bought a new phone, and I’m currently transferring all my old phone data to the new one. I was wondering if there’s a way to transfer WhatsApp stickers to new phone without losing them? Your help will be appreciated! TIA.”
Some people have tons of precious stickers in their WhatsApp library. They don’t want to lose all the stickers that they’ve collected over the span of several months.
But, transferring stickers from an old phone to a new phone isn’t exactly the most simple process out there. That’s because the usual Google Drive backup/restore method doesn’t transfer your stored stickers.
So, how do you transfer stickers the right way? Well, keep reading to find out!
- 1. Transfer WhatsApp Stickers to New Phone on Computer [2 Ways]
- 2. Transfer WhatsApp Stickers to New Phone without Computer [ 4 Ways]
- 3. Where are my WhatsApp Stickers Stored?
- 4. Can I export Stickers from WhatsApp?
1. Transfer WhatsApp Stickers to New Phone on Computer [2 Ways]top
Here are the 6 working methods to perform a WhatsApp sticker transfer to new phone.
Way 1: The Easiest Method to Transfer WhatsApp Stickers to New Phone
The best way to transfer WhatsApp stickers to new iPhone is Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer.
With this tool, you can easily move all your WhatsApp data from one phone to another in minutes! Plus, it has cross-platform compatibility, which means you can transfer data from Android to iPhone and iPhone to Android as well.
However, the best thing about iCareFone Transfer is that it actually transfers your saved stickers to the new phone. You see, when you use Google Drive to restore your WhatsApp backup, you can only restore your stickers as media files. But with iCareFone, your stickers will actually move from the old phone to new phone, as if you’ve saved them on the new phone.
That said, here’s how to use iCareFone for this task.
Note: This method can be used to transfer between iPhone to iPhone, Android to Android, Android to iPhone, and iPhone to Android. The process is the same. But, in this guide, we will specifically be talking about moving from Android to iPhone.
Download and install iCareFone Transfer on your computer. Connect both the devices, i.e., your old Android smartphone and your new iPhone to the computer.
Click the “Transfer” button at the bottom, and click “Yes” to confirm.
Open the WhatsApp application on your old Android device, go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup — and create a new backup.
Now select the media type to be transferred.
Now, your WhatsApp data, including your stickers, will be transferred over to your brand-new iPhone automatically.
Way 2: Use Windows File Explorer to Transfer WhatsApp Stickers
Another way to transfer WhatsApp stickers to new phone Android is through File Explorer.
But, be noted that this method also only transfers the media files of stickers. Here’s how to do it.
- Connect both phones to a computer using USB cables.
- Open File Explorer and enter the internal storage of old phone.
Go to WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Stickers, and copy the folder.
- Paste the folder into the WhatsApp folder of the new phone.
Related read How to Export WhatsApp Stickers.
2. Transfer WhatsApp Stickers to New Phone without Computer [ 4 Ways]
Way 1: Backup and Restore WhatsApp Stickers to New Phone
The “default” method to transfer stickers is through backup/restore.
Be noted that this method only works if you’re going from an iPhone to iPhone or Android to Android. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open WhatsApp on your old phone.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Chats > Chat Backup.
Hit “Back Up Now” to create a new backup.
- Download WhatsApp on your new phone and open it.
- Connect to the same WhatsApp account.
When prompted to download a backup, do it!
Related read Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone.
Way 2: Transfer WhatsApp Stickers to New Phone with an App
To transfer stickers in WhatsApp, you can also use Tenorshare’s mobile app called iCareFone Transfer to iPhone.
Here’s how it works.
- Download the app “iCareFone Transfer to iPhone” on your Android phone from Google Play Store and open it.
- Choose Android to iOS, then connect both devices using a USB cable.
- Verify your account by entering your account details.
- Wait for the app to verify.
Then, select the data that you want to move. Be sure to check the Stickers.
- Wait for the transfer to complete, and you’re good to go.
Way 3: Use Move to iOS to Transfer WhatsApp Stickers to New Phone
You can use the Move to iOS app to transfer WhatsApp stickers. However, the catch with this one is that you’d have to reset the new iPhone to use it.
- Install the Move to iOS app on your old phone from Play Store.
- Reset your iPhone. During the setup process, select to restore data from Android.
- Connect both phones by following the on-screen instructions given in the Move to iOS app.
- Be sure to select WhatsApp from the selection.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Related read WhatsApp Move to iOS Not Working? Fixed!.
Way 4: Transfer WhatsApp Stickers to New Phone via Sending to Friends
Lastly, you can send all your important stickers to a friend and keep them in chat.
Later on, you can choose every sticker you had sent to the friend, and restore it to your library. Follow the steps.
- Send all stickers to a friend.
- After you’ve restored the backup on the new phone, go to that friend’s chat.
- Pick each sticker and save it to your favorites.
And you’re done.
3. Where are my WhatsApp Stickers Stored?
On Android, your stickers are placed in the following folder:
Internal Storage > WhatsApp > WhatsApp Media > WhatsApp Stickers.
Related read Where Is WhatsApp Backup Stored in Android.
4. Can I export Stickers from WhatsApp?
You can export the media files of WhatsApp stickers by copying the WhatsApp Stickers folder somewhere else. However, you can’t restore those images back to your WhatsApp app.
The Bottom Line
And that’s how to move sticker on WhatsApp to a new phone.
Remember, the best way to go about the situation is Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer, because it actually restores your stickers to the WhatsApp app of your new phone.