How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to PC/Mac
After long time of using Android phone, a large part of users may find it to be slower and slower. In order to reduce the storage users have tried a lot of methods. Especially for WhatsApp users, the chat history takes lots of storage of your phone. Thus we prepared this article for you to transfer WhatsApp messages from Samsung Galaxy, HTC, Sony, HuaWei and other Android phones to computer, it can help to reduce the memory of your phone as well as keep your chat history safe, just follow us.
- Part 1: How to Backup WhatsApp Messages from Android to PC (the Easiest Way)
- Part 2: Transfer WhatsApp Chat History from Android to PC via Web
- Part 3: Using Email to Save WhatsApp Messages to Computer
- Extra Tips: Transfer WhatsApp Message from Android to iPhone
To save time and keep Android phone data safe, we suggest you using transfer software for backing up WhatsApp messages from Android to computer. Here we recommend you to have a try of Android Data Recovery, it can help you quickly backup the valuable history.
After download and install the software to your PC/Mac, open it and then select "Recover WhatsApp Data".
Then, you are required to enable USB storage and USB debugging in your Android phone. If you are not likely to know how to operate, you can refer to our guide. After your device successfully connected with PC, you need to allow the authorization of your device. Then click start to scan your WhatsApp messages.
When the scanning is completed, you will see that all WhatsApp messages (existing and deleted) are listed. You can preview details with name, time & date and contents. And then you can select the messages you need and click "Recover" to backup them on your PC/Mac. You can also check the video below to learn how to backup WhatsApp messages from Android to PC:
WhatsApp also provides web service that users can use to easily backup their chat history. But this method is not applied for text and audio messages.
- Go to "web.whatsapp.com" in the browser.
- Open your WhatsApp on the phone. Press menu icon and tap on “WhatsApp Web”, scan the QR code on PC screen.
- Choose the contact, and you’ll see all the conversations. Click the file and it will be displayed in a preview mode. Click the download button on the upper right corner. Then your WhatsApp messages can be transferred to PC/Mac.
The features what Android phone have also provided a solution of transferring by Email. Users should:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device, go to "Setting>Chats Setting>Chat History>Email chat".
- Select the history you like to have and send as attachment.
- Login your Email on PC/Mac and save the WhatsApp chat history.
This method is also kind of easy to operate, but it is not suitable for massive transfer.
WhatsApp messages are important for Android users, especially for businessman. However, if you want to switch your Android phone to an iPhone, what should you do? The answer comes to a file transfer application - iCareFone - Android to iOS WhatsApp Transfer. It can help you transfer your important WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone without any trouble, you just need to follow the simple steps as below:
Step 1: Download iCareFone on your computer, install and open it.
Step 2: Click on the fourth function "WhatsApp Transfer" at the top, then connect your Android phone and target iPhone to the software.
Step 3: There will be some instructions to help you proceed the process, just follow them and then click "Transfer".
Step 4: Your WhatsApp messages will be transferred in a few seconds.
That's all about how to backup WhatsApp messages from Android to computer and transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone. If you'd like to transfer other types of Android files, Tenorshare Android Data Recovery will also give you a hand, come and have a try!