Best Free Ways on How to Get WhatsApp Backup
While you are so engrossed in finding the best way for how to get WhatsApp backup without any cost, we are busy collating the answers for you. Backing up WhatsApp data is prevalent in situations where a lot of important information is exchanged over it. As now, businesses as well as authorities take up WhatsApp as a convenient way of communication. You must get your WhatsApp chats backed up for your iOS or Android device.
In this article, you will discover various ways explaining how to get WhatsaApp chat backup. Keep reading to know more.
- Part 1: Get WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive
- Part 2: How to Get WhatsApp Backup for iOS Devices
- Part 3: The Limitations of iTunes and iCloud
Part 1: Get WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive
Backing up WhatsApp from Android device to Google drive is a very commom way for uesrs. If we have already backed up data to Google drive, how can we get the WhatsApp backup from it? Here is the guide to learn:
Step 1: Launch the WhatsApp on your device.
Step 2: Tap Agree and continue.
Step 3: Tap Continue to allow WhatsApp access to your information. Otherwise, tap Not now.
Step 4: Tap Give permission to allow WhatsApp to check Google Drive for a backup after verifing your country and phone number.
Step 5: Then tap Restore after the selection of the account.
Note: This way need to uninstall and reinstall the WhatsApp.
The Quick Guide on How to Back Up WhatsApp with Google Drive
For Android devices local backup and Google Drive are two options. Here we will see how to get backup of WhatsApp chat on Google Drive. You got to select the settings in WhatsApp for periodical backup of WhatsApp chats. Know the guide below:
- Get your Android device and open 'WhatsApp'. Tap on the three vertical dots on the top right corner and click 'Settings'.
- Go to 'Chats' and then hit the 'Chat Backup' option there.
- Move to the 'Google Drive Settings' section and click 'Back Up to Google Drive' > mention the interval at which you need WhatsApp back up.
- Select the Gmail account associated and media backup option. Hit 'BACK UP' afterwards.
Part 2: How to Get WhatsApp Backup for iOS Devices
- 1. Free Way to Get WhatsApp Backup with iTunes
- 2. How to Get WhatsApp Backup from iCloud
- 3. The Way to Get WhatsApp Backup without iTunes/iCloud
1. Free Way to Get WhatsApp Backup with iTunes
This is the traditional method of showing how to get WhatsApp backup from iTunes.
Here is how:
- Launch iTunes on your system and connect your iPhone.
- Click on your iPhone on iTunes interface and tap 'Summary'.
- Now, hit the 'Restore Backup' option to continue.
2. How to Get WhatsApp Backup from iCloud
Another method for how to get backup from WhatsApp involves iCloud. To get backup from iCloud, you should backup with iCloud first. Here comes the guide:
- Go to 'WhatsApp' > 'Settings' > 'Chats' > 'Chat Backup'.
- Then, uninstall and then reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Now, you can verify your mobile number > go through the online guide > Restore Chat History.
3. The Way to Get WhatsApp Backup without iTunes/iCloud
If you are looking for a secure way to get WhatsApp chat backup of on iPhone then Tenorshare iCareFone - WhatsApp Backup and Restore Tool is one among the best solution. It can restore from backup without uninstalling and reinstalling. You don't need to bother about the amount of data being backed up nor the number of times your restore. There is no data loss while restoring the WhatsApp chats (other iPhone data too). This is because Tenorshare iCareFone doesn't overwrite your old backup files at all. Moreover, you can selectively backup WhatsApp data using this tool.
Here is the detailed guide on Tenorshare iCareFone explaining, how to get WhatsApp backup :
Step 1 First and foremost, you got to download the software on your computer. After installation, run the application and connect your iPhone and computer using a genuine or Apple authorized USB cable. From the program interface, press the 'Backup & Restore' tab afterwards to start the backup process.
Step 2 To selectively restore WhatsApp, you can click "To view or restore previous backup files" from the lower left corner. All the backup files, either created by iTunes or iCareFone, will be displayed.
Step 3 Select the WhatsApp at the left pannel, and choose whether to export to computer or your device. Wait for a while and you will be notified that backup has completed now. Disconnect your iPhone, once the data gets backed up. This data can be restored to your iPhone from your computer later on.
Tip: The quick guide on how to back up WhatsApp with Tenorshare iCareFone for free:
The backup completed by iCareFone on your system is in readable format. You can view or manage the messages after backup.
Step 1 You should click on the 'WhatsApp & Attachments' checkbox and choose the option after tapping the Backup & Restore .
Step 2 Hit on the 'Backup' button and hold on for few minutes, to allow the WhatsApp data get backed up.
Part 3: The Limitations of Getting WhatsApp from iTunes and iCloud
Now that you have learnt how to get backup from WhatsApp using various methods shouldn't you be warned about their loopholes as well? Well, we want to make your job simple by giving you the details.
Here are the iCloud limitations, which you need to take care of.
- Stable Wi-Fi is required when working with it otherwise your efforts will go in vain.
- iCloud offers only 5GB storage space for free. Beyond that, you're required to purchase.
- Your old backup will be over written with this.
- No provision for selective backup with iCloud.
iTunes limitations are here:
- No selective backup functionality.
- Old backup gets overwritten like iCloud.
- Pretty slow process.
We read about how to get WhatsApp backup for both Android and iOS in order to use it in future when you need or when you accidentally lose your WhatsApp data. When we analyze the aforementioned methods, we feel that using Tenorshare iCareFone will be the best choice when it comes to iPhone WhatsApp issue. Since it allows you take individual or say selective backup and restore in easy operations. Moreover, there's no worry of data getting overwritten via this tool unlike other methods like iTunes or iCloud. Hence, we would highly recommend the program. Let us know what you feel about this post.