Top 2 Ways to Decrypt iPhone/iPad/iPod iTunes Backup
Most iTunes users would like to encrypt their iTunes backup files for data security, which is also recommended by Apple. When we want to restore from iTunes backup, we need to enter the password to unlock it, which sometimes is a little troublesome especially when the password was forgotten. Here we collect 2 ways of how to decrypt an encrypted iPhone backup. iPhone backup is used as an example. iPad and iPod backup can be decrypted by these two methods as well.
1. When You Can Remember the Password to iTunes Backup
If you can remember your backup password, you can unlock it with iTunes itself.
- Step 1. Open iTunes and connect your iOS device to the computer.
- Step 2. Uncheck "Encrypt iPhone backup" option as below. Then a sub-window will pop up to ask you to enter the password you set previously to the backup.
2. When You Forgot Password for iTunes Backup
Actually, decrypting encrypted iTunes backup if you remember the password is nothing difficult at all. But if you forgot it, things are very tough. You have no other choices but to unlock the encrypted backup with an iTunes backup password unlocker.
iPhone Backup Unlocker I'm introducing here can exactly meet your needs. It is a tool proficient in recovering and removing iTunes backup password. It supports all iTunes backup (even the latest iTunes 12) of iPhone, iPad and iPod including iPhone 6/6Plus, iPhone 5s/5c/5/4s/4, iPad Air (2), iPad mini 3, iPad 4, iPod touch, etc.
- Step 1. Run this tool and click "Add" to import iTunes backup files into it. Double-click your wanted file to select it. Then select an attack type.
- Step 2. Click on "Start" to find the password to the encrypted backup.
- Step 3. Within a while, the password is displayed in a smaller window. Copy it. Then you can go back to iTunes and follow above tutorial to decrypt iPhone backup in iTunes. Or move on with this tool.
- Step 4. Click on "Add" again. You can see an "Enter" button at the end of the encrypted backup. Click on it and enter the password you found above.
OK. This is the end of the tutorial. After unlocking encrypted iTunes backup, you can restore data from iTunes backup freely. If you have problems on how to decrypt password-protected iTunes iPhone backup, please let us know.