2 Easy Ways to Backup a Disabled iPhone with/without iTunes
"My daughter forgot her passcode for her iPhone. how do I backup a disabled iPhone so the data can be saved before I restore it to factory settings?"
- Apple Community
Get the messages "iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes"? If you entered the passcode incorrectly for 10 times in a row, your iPhone will become completely disabled and you have to factory restore it. However, you will lose all data on your iPhone after factory resetting. Thus, is it possible to back up a disable iPhone before restoring?
Of course, yes! In this article, we will 2 easy ways for you to back up a disabled/locked iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6/5s/5.
- Part 1: How to Backup Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Part 2: How to Backup Locked iPhone with iTunes You've Synced with
- Part 3: How to Unlock a Disabled iPhone Efficiently
Plug your locked iPhone into the computer with iTunes opened but unable to backup it? Don't worry, here is an easy way to backup data on a locked iPhone without iTunes. What you need is Tenorshare iCareFone, the best free iPhone backup tool to backup iPhone when iTunes can't recognize your device. Now follow steps below to backup data when iPhone is disabled.
Firstly, free download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer.
- Run Tenorshare iCareFone and connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable. On the main interface, select "Backup & Restore".
- Now check the box before the files you want to backup or simply select all. Click "Backup" to backup data on your disabled iPhone without iCloud/iTunes. The backing up time depends on the size of your iPhone data.
- Once it finished, you can click "Restore to device" or "Export to PC" to save the backup data either on your iPhone or computer.
This method works only when you have made a backup of your iPhone on a trusted-commputer. If you have ever synced your iPhone with iTunes before and haven't restarted your iPhone eversince, you might be able to do a backup. But this method is inconclusive. It will probably ask for the passcode if you try to back it up.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer via USB and open iTunes
- Click on the device icon in the tab bar and click Back Up Now to start backup your device.
After backing up your iPhone, now comes to unlock your locked iPhone. Generally, you have 3 ways to fix a disabled iPhone as we listed below.
Erase Your iPhone with Recovery Mode Using iTunes
Put your iPhone into recovery mode. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
Erase Your iPhone with iCloud
Sign in to iCloud and click All Devices at the top of your browser window and select the device you want to erase. Click Erase iPhone to erase your device and its passcode.
Erase Your iPhone Passcode with Tenorshare iCareFone
Tenorshare iCareFone we mentioned above is able to fix a disable iPhone as well especially when iTunes cannot recognize your device or iCloud cannot erase iPhone because Find My iPhone is turned off. Connect your locked iPhone to computer with USB and follow steps blew:
Run Tenorshare iCareFone > Select "Repair Operating System" >Click "Start" to get your device detected > Click "Advanced Mode" > Download the firmware package> Click "Start Repair" to restore your device.
After the restore, your device will reboot automatically and you set a new passcode for your iPhone.
So we have shown you how to back up a disables iPhone with/without iTunes and 3 options to fix your disable iPhone. We hope our solutions would help you solve your problem.