How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone 13? [Detailed Guide 2021]
I recently bought an iPhone 13 second-hand but the previous owner forgot to dissociate his apple id from the device. I have made many attempts to remove the apple id and ended up failing, and now I can't access anything on the device. Is it possible to remove apple id from iPhone 13 without password? If yes, then what should I do?"
Failing to access Apple services is indeed a tricky problem which could appear when you buy a used iPhone 13 with previous Apple ID unremoved or you forget your Apple ID password. In this blog, we will show you full solutions on how to remove Apple ID from iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max).
- Part 1: Why Do I Need to Remove the Apple ID from iPhone 13?
- Part 2: How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone 13 without Password?
- Part 3: How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone 13 with Password?
Part 1: Why Do I Need to Remove the Apple ID from iPhone 13?
Designed to protect users' information, Apple ID is required whenever users want to get access to Apple services, such as backing up data or downloading software from the App store. Now that the importance of Apple ID is clear, then how come you need to remove it from your iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max)?
There can be several reasons to explain why you need to remove the Apple ID from your device.
- You forgot your Apple ID or Apple ID password. In this case, you can try to get back your password firstly. But if you couldn't recover your password, then you may need to remove the old Apple ID from your iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max) so as to create a new Apple ID account on the device.
- You bought/got a used iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max) from someone else, but found that there is still an existing Apple ID belonging to the original owner. If you don't delete or remove someone else's Apple ID on your iPhone, you will fail to acquire different services on the device since you have no idea what the password is.
- You are planning to sell or give away your iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max) to someone else. If you sell or give away the device with your Apple ID signed in, not only the new iPhone owner can get access to your personal data, but also any data he store in the device, say, photos he take, will be synchronized to your own iCloud, causing data leakage and inconvenience to both of you. So it's necessary to remove your Apple ID first so that the new owner can login with his own account.
Part 2: How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone 13 without Password?
If you forget the password of your Apple ID and are unable to get it back, or you find yourself failing to remove the previous owner's Apple ID from your iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max) without the passcode, here are available guides telling you how to remove Apple ID from iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max) effortlessly.
2.1 Remove Apple ID from iPhone 13 Using Tenoreshare 4Mekey
As one of the most convenient tools that deal with Apple ID issues, Tenorshare 4Mekey is your best solution to remove an apple ID from iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max) without password in an easy and effective way. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to remove apple ID from iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max) with Tenoreshare 4Mekey.
- Download and Launch Tenorshare 4Mekey
- Connect Your Device to Computer
- Start to Unlock Apple ID.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and then connect your device to it with a USB cable.
- Wait until the device has been synced with iTunes and then click on the Device icon at the top of the iTunes Window.
- Now, click on the Summary tab on the left pane and it will display basic information about the device at the right-hand side.
- Here, you need to click on Restore iPhone button beside the Check for Update option.
- At the confirmation popup, click "Restore" option to confirm and the iTunes will begin restoring the device to its factory settings mode and it wipe off all data on it including Apple ID.
Download the software on your computer and launch it. You'll see the following interface and click "Unlock Apple ID".
Connect your iPhone 13 to computer with a USB cable. Unlock your iPhone and then click "Trust" in a pop-up window on your iPhone.
When you come to this step, please pay attention to what will be going on next. Here we list 2 different situations for you.
Case 1: If Find My iPhone Is on
a.Click the "Next" button on the right corner of the bottom.
b.Follow every steps in the on-screen instructions carefully. Once you finish the settings, click on "Next" to remove the Apple ID.
c.After that, copy your serial number and verify the Find My iPhone status. Make sure that it has been turned off successfully to avoid any damage on your iPhone.
Case 2: If Find My iPhone Is off
a. 4Mekey will directly recognizes your iPhone and you can remove your Apple ID directly.
b. It usually takes no less than 2-3 minutes to finish. After your Apple ID has been removed, please check your device to see if the Apple ID has been successfully removed.
2.2 Remove Apple ID from iPhone 13 by Restoring the Device in iTunes
If your "Find My iPhone" feature is turned off, then you can also remove Apple ID from iPhone without password by restoring the device in iTunes.You could go to Settings on your iPhone, tap on your name at top of the screen, and click on "Find My" to confirm the FMI status.
Note: If your "Find My iPhone" feature is turned on, a prompt will pop up, telling you that FMI must be turned off before your device can be restored.
To know how to remove Apple ID from iPhone 13 without password using iTunes, please follow below steps:
Part 3: How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone 13 with Password?
If you want to remove or delect your Apple ID from iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max) before selling it or giving it away, you can try the following two ways, provided you remember your Apple ID password.
3.1 Remove Apple ID from iPhone 13 in Settings
Resetting your device is the easiest way to remove the Apple ID from your iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max). Just do the following:
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone> Erase All Content and Settings>Apple ID.
- Go back to Settings again and you'll find that your Apple ID has been removed and will no longer be associated with this iPhone.
3.2 Remove Apple ID from iPhone 13 at iCloud Website
There is another convenient way to help you remove Apple ID from iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max) with password, which is to remove your device from account at iCloud Website. Likewise, you must remember the password of your Apple ID otherwise this method will not be available.
- Visit icloud.com to sign in to iCloud. Enter in your Apple ID and Password. (Note:If your iPhone 13 has turned on Two-Factor Authentication, you'll receive a message with a verification code. Enter the code and trust the browser.)
- Click on "Find iPhone"
- Tap All Devices and then go to Settings on your iPhone to turn on "Find My iPhone" and tap "Share My Location". Then click the little green dot blow the device name.
- Now choose the device which is to be disassociated and click on "Erase iPhone". Enter your Apple ID password again to continue.
Then your Apple ID will be successfully removed from your iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max).
In this article, we share you with detailed guide on how to remove Apple ID from iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max), and after reading the above content, you can clearly find that using Tenorshare 4MeKey is the most convenient way to remove Apple ID from your iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro (Max) without password. Without any professional knowledge, you can easily delete Apple ID account from iPhone using this reliable tool. Go for Tenorshare 4MeKey to solve Apple ID issues that trouble you. You won't be disappointed.