Screen Time Passcode Won't Reset What Can I Do
To limit the time we spend on our iPhones, it is possible with a screen time passcode. It can be easily set up and reset in case you want to change to a new passcode or forget the old one. However, what if screen time passode won't reset? No worries. Here we explain how to fix this problem and help you reset the screen time passcode anyway.
- Part 1: How to Reset Screen Time Passcode
- Part 2: Why Screen Time Passcode Won't Reset
- Part 3: 4 Tips to Fix Screen Time Passcode Won't Reset
- Part 4: Still Cannot Reset Screen Time Passcode? Remove it Here
Part 1: How to Reset Screen Time Passcode
When it comes to resetting screen time passcode, normally there are two ways that need no extra settings or apps. One is if you remember the old screen time passcode and the other is with Apple ID. So let's see how they work before solve you cannot reset the passcode.
1. Change Passcode with Old Passcode
- Open Settings and go to Screen Time. Tap on Change Screen Time Passcode.
- On the pop up, tap on Change Screen Time Passcode again.
Now, enter the old passcode. Then enter the new screen time passcode and you are good to go.
2. Reset Passcode with Apple ID
- Open Settings and go to Screen Time. Tap on Change Screen Time Passcode, and tap on it again.
- Now, in the page to enter the old passcode, tap on Forgot Passcode.
You will be asked to enter the Apple ID and password the set up a new passcode and that’s it.
Part 2: Why Screen Time Passcode Won't Reset
When you face an issue with your iPhone, it is essential to understand why the problem arose in the first place so it can be avoided and solved. In our case, we all change the screen time passcode in Settings, why you cannot reset screen time passcode? We have to determine.
- Without the old screen time passcode or Apple ID screen time passcode recovery set up, you cannot reset it of course.
- You do not enter the Apple ID and password while setting up screen time passcode. So Forgot Screen Time Passcode not showing up while you enter the old passcode.
In this case, you cannot access the Apple ID recovery tool. And you can directly jump to the Part 4 to reset it.
- If you have an iPhone set with parental controls or family sharing, then you cannot reset screen time passcode easily.
- You might face this cannot change screen time passcode problem with an iOS version that has not been updated for a while.
- There could be bugs in the iOS system of your iPhone.
Part 3: 4 Tips to Fix Screen Time Passcode Won't Reset
According to the reasons why you cannot reset screen time passcode, there are 4 tips for you to resolve the problem.
1. Restart iPhone
Screen time passcode wont reset can still be an issue. And iPhone shows small bugs every now and then. The first thing we will try is to force restart iPhone and then try to change the screen time passcode again. Restart can fix your problems at most times.
2. Sign out and Sign in Apple ID
Apple ID is used for screen time recovery like what we have mentioned above. When it does not work, you can sign out of your Apple ID account and sign in again. This might help us too.
- Open Settings and tap on your name on the top. Scroll down and select Sign Out.
- Keep a copy of the available data as you do not want any data loss.
- After that, sign in to your Apple ID again.
3. Update iPhone
The screen time passcode won't reset issue happens a lot on iPhone or iPad with an old iOS/iPadOS system. Go to Settings > Software Update to check the latest available iOS update. Install any pending update and see if the problem has been sovled.
4. Reset Passcode on Parents' iPhone
Screen time is used as parental control on children's iPhone and the screen time settings can be shared with family devices. If the screen time passcode cannot be reset on your device, then use your parents' or families' iPhone to do the resetting process.
Part 4: Still Cannot Reset Screen Time Passcode? Reset it Here
The worst situation is that you still cannot reset screen time passcode after the above 4 tips and you do not have access to the old passcode either. Then use Tenorshare 4uKey. It helps remove/reset the screen time passcode from iPhone. No old passcode, no Apple ID, and no data loss. There is no difference before and after using 4uKey, except the forgotten screen time passcode is gone.
Download and run 4uKey on your PC or Mac. Click on "Remove Screen Time Passcode" to reset.
Connect your iPhone to your computer. Unlock your iPhone and tap on "Trust". Then click on "Start Remove".
You have to turn off the Find My iPhone feature to start the process.
After that, your iPhone will restart. While setting up, select Don’t Transfer Apps and Data and then select Set up Later to avoid any data loss.
- The screen time passcode has been removed and you can set a new one if needed.
Facing problems like screen time passcode wont reset is very common. After you know why your iPhone is acting like this, it gets easier to solve the issue. If not, you can try these fixes listed above which will surely work for you. And Tenorshare 4uKey is beneficial to reset screen time passcode, which does not need you to remember old passcode or use Apple ID.