How to Delete Voicemail On Android with 3 Easy Ways
Voicemail is a handy feature that helps you answer calls when you don't have your phone with you or you're engaged on another call. However, it can be annoying when your voicemail box is cluttered with multiple unwanted and unimportant voicemails. At such times, you need to delete those unneeded voice messages from your Android device to avoid the voicemail box being full.
If you are one of the users complaining "my voice mailbox is full how do I empty it", then this article is perfect for you. We will walk you through how to delete voicemail on Android. Read below to know different ways to delete voicemail on Android without listening.
- Part 1. How to Delete Voicemail on Android with Voicemail App?
- Part 2. How to Delete Voicemail on Android with Phone App?
- Part 3. How to Delete Multiple Voicemails on Android?
- FAQs about Voicemail on Android
- Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Messages from Android Phone without Root?
Part 1. How to Delete Voicemail on Android with Voicemail App?
The process to delete voicemail on Android is easy to carry out when you have a voicemail app on your phone. Follow the below steps to know how to delete voicemail on Android without listening using the Voicemail app.
- Begin by launching the Voicemail app.
- Click on the Voicemail option present at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a voicemail that you wish to delete.
- Click on the three-dotted menu.
- Tap the Delete option to delete the voicemail.
Part 2: How to Delete Voicemail on Android with Phone App?
If you want to know how to delete voicemail on Android by using the Phone app, simply follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Here's how to delete voicemail on Samsung.
- Begin by launching the Phone app.
- Dial the Voicemail number for your respective carrier. Below are some details about voicemail numbers for different carriers.
- For Verizon: Dial *86 and click the icon that looks like a phone.
- For T-Mobile: Click and hold the number 1 on the keypad.
- For AT&T: Press and hold 1 on the dial pad.
For Sprint: Dial your phone number. Next, wait for the call to direct to voice mail. Press * during the voicemail greeting.
- Now, enter the password for the voicemail.
- Doing so, you will hear a message that you wish to delete.
- You need to press "9" on the dial pad to save the message.
- If you wish to delete the message, press 7 to delete it.
Part 3. How to Delete Multiple Voicemails on Android?
The method introduced in Part 2 only allows you to delete the voicemails one by one in this process. What if you want to delete multiple voicemails at a time? This section has got you covered.
Follow the below steps and know how to delete multiple voicemails on Android at once.
- Launch the Voicemail app.
Click on the Voicemail option (resembling two circles connected with a line) present at the bottom of the screen.
- To delete multiple voicemails, long-press the first voicemail message and then click the "More items" option.
- Choose the Delete option and then click the “I understand” box. Lastly, click Delete.
The above method also applies to the situation when you want to learn how to clear voicemail on Android.
FAQs about Voicemail on Android
Q1: How to Disable Voicemail on Android?
Your voicemail service is normally managed by your mobile carrier. Hence, the best method to disable your voicemail is to ask their support team to disable it. So dial the customer support number of your mobile carrier and follow the instructions of the customer support team to turn off voicemail on Android. Below is the list of customer support numbers for different carriers:
- Verizon: 1-800-922-0204.
- Sprint: *2
- AT&T: 611
- Telus: 611
- Vodafone: 191
- Docomo: 151
Q2: How Do I Block Voicemail on Android?
To block someone from leaving a voicemail on your Android phone, say, Samsung, you can open the Phone app and tap the Contacts option. Next, scroll to locate the contact you want to block, then select the details icon. From the list of available options, tap Block Contact and you'll no longer receive any calls, messages and voice messages from that person.
Q3: How Do I Replay a Voicemail?
Replaying of voicemails usually is simple and varies as per carriers. Voicemail instructions are usually available on your carrier's website. But normally, the procedure is same for pretty much all the carriers. Typically, you press 1 to hear your messages. The voice prompt may then ask you to press 1 for unread messages and 2 for saved messages.
Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Messages from Android Phone without Root?
Here is a bonus tip for you! If you have accidentally deleted your messages, then do not worry. Those deleted messages can be recovered easily using Tenorshare UltData for Android. With this tool, you can recover deleted contacts, text messages, photos, etc. on your Android phone without backup. What’s more, if you are a WhatsApp user, you can even restore deleted WhatsApp messages or download WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to your PC.
To recover deleted messages from Android phone, follow the below steps and you will be all set to get back your lost messages.
- To begin with, download and install UltData for Android on your computer.
Launch the program and then connect your Android phone to the PC. Once connected, click on the "Recover Lost Data" option on the main screen.
Make sure to enable USB debugging. Follow the steps in the image below.
When the USB debugging is enabled, you should see different data types on the screen. You can select only Messages or all the data types and click on the Start option.
The program will start scanning the data on your phone and present the messages you’ve deleted. You can preview the messages, then select those you wish to recover and click the Recover option.
Wait for the recovery process to complete. Your deleted messages should now be back on your Android phone.
Long story short, you just had a look at different methods that will help you know how to delete voicemail on Android without listening. In the process of clearing voice messages, if you delete your text messages by accident, you can try using Tenorshare UltData for Android to recover lost messages easily and swiftly.