[Issue Solved] Whatsapp Contacts Not Showing on Android/iPhone
WhatsApp is used by millions of people worldwide to send and receive messages and it has got the best infrastructure to handle such large amounts of messages being sent everyday. Well, that does not mean the app has no issues.
One of the common issues among the WhatsApp users is that their contacts do not show up in WhatsApp. As you may already know, WhatsApp allows you to chat with the people you have saved as contacts on your device but if you can’t see your contacts then you simply cannot chat with them.
If you are facing contact issues in WhatsApp on your device, then you will need to do something about it or the issues won’t be resolved. Here we have compiled some of the fixes for contacts issue in the WhatsApp app. Try these fixes and these should help you resolve contacts issues in WhatsApp on iPhone/Android.
Tip 1: Refresh Contacts in WhatsApp
If you have recently added new contacts and they are not showing up in the app, then you will need to let the app refresh the contacts so the newer ones can appear. Here’s how to do that:
1. Launch the WhatsApp app on your device.
2. Tap on the contacts icon to open the contacts menu. Then, tap on three-dots in the top-right corner and select Refresh to refresh the contacts.
3. The contacts will be refreshed. You should now see the contacts that did not appear before.
Tip 2: Enable the Show All Contacts Option
Sometimes, the show all contacts option gets disabled and this prevents you from seeing some of your contacts in the app. If that’s the case, here’s how to resolve it:
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your device.
2. Tap on three-dots in the top-right corner and select Settings and it will take you to the settings menu.
3. When the settings menu opens, find and tap on the button that says Contacts and it will take you to the contacts menu.
4. On this screen, enable the option that says Show all contacts. It will make sure all of your contacts are shown in the app.
That’s it. You should now be able to see all of your contacts in WhatsApp on your device.
Extra Tips: WhatsApp Contacts Missing, How to Recover WhatsApp Data on iPhone/Android?
While that issue has been fixed on your device, you will want to keep a backup of your WhatsApp contents so that an unexpected cannot come and ruin everything you have stored in WhatsApp.
Fortunately for you, there is an app that lets you recover lost WhatsApp contents. With UltData, you can get back lost or deleted WhatsApp chats including messages, videos, and photos easily from iOS and Android phones. In this example, I am going to show you how you can recover WhatsApp data from iPhone.
Step 1. Free download and install UltData application on your computer firstly.
Step 2. Connect your device to your PC and open the app on your PC. Choose the file types you would like to recover.
Step 3. You can then select the data you want to recover and then click on Recover to begin recovering the data.
So, that was how you could fix contacts not showing in WhatsApp and how to keep your data safe by recovering it from your device.