Android Data Recovery - Recover Lost Data on Android: How To
Tenorshare Android Data Recovery is the perfect software to help you recover deleted or lost data, including contacts, call history, SMS text messages, photos, and videos from any Android devices, like Motorola, Samsung, HTC, Google Nexus, LG, Sony, and etc. Below is the user guide on how to recover data from Android with this program. To get started, download Tenorshare Android Data Recovery and install it on your PC. Then follow the guide below to recover data from Android.
1. Connect Your Android Device
Launch Android Data Recovery, you will get the interface like below. Connect your Android device via the OEM USB cable. .
2. Enable USB Debugging
Please make sure you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone.
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 3.0-4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 4.2-5.2: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for 7 times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Go back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 6.0 or newer: "Settings" > "About Phone" > "Software Info" > tap "Build number" 7 times in rapid succession > Back > "Develop optoins" > turn on "Developer options" > "USB debugging".
3. Start Scanning
After your device is detected, click "Allow" when an app Superuser Request pops up on your device's screen to allow the program super user authorization. Then click "Next" on the software screen.
Choose the files types you'd like to scan when the "All File Type" pops up. Then click on "Next".
4. Preview Files on Android Device
After scanning finished, you can find all the files including existing and lost ones (shown in red) are listed by category. You can filter lost files by ticking "Only display the deleted items" and choose any type of file to preview them before recovery.
5. Recover and Save the Files
Tick the files you need to recover. Click "Recover" to recover and save the lost files on your PC. For photos and videos, they are saved in their original formats; For contacts, text messages and call history, they are saved in .txt, .xml, .xls.
Note: By default, Android Data Recovery will automatically access to the highest authority of your phone. If it fails, please root your Android device firstly.