UltData for Android - Recover Lost Data on Android: How To
Tenorshare UltData for Android is the perfect software to help you recover deleted or lost data, including contacts, call history, SMS text messages, photos, and videos from any Android devices, like Samsung, Motorola, HTC, Google Nexus, LG, Sony, etc. Below is the user guide on how to recover data from Android with this program. To get started, download Tenorshare UltData for Android and install it on your PC. Then follow the guide below to recover data from Android.
1. Connect Your Android Device
Launch UltData for Android, you will get the interface like below. Choose the feature "Recover All Data".
Then connect your Android device via the OEM USB cable.
2. Enable USB Debugging
Please make sure you have enabled USB debugging on your Android phone.
- For General Setting: Switch USB option to "Tarnsferring files", then Go Setting, serach "Build" and choose "Build number" on result, then tap it 7 times. Details as below:
- For Android 6.0 or later: "Settings" > "About Phone" > "Software Info" > tap "Build number" 7 times in rapid succession > Back > "Develop options" > turn on "Developer options" > "USB debugging".
- For Android 4.2-5.2: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for 7 times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Go back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 3.0-4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
3. Start Scanning
After your device is detected, click "OK" when a window pops up on your device's screen to allow USB debugging.
Choose the files types you'd like to scan when connection is finished. Then click on "Next". The software will scan your device.
4. Preview Files on Android Device
After scanning finished, you can find all the files including existing and lost ones (shown in red) are listed by category. You can filter lost files by ticking "Only display the deleted items" and choose any type of file to preview them before recovery.
5. Recover and Save the Files
Tick the files you need to recover. Click "Recover" to recover and save the lost files on your PC. For photos and videos, they are saved in their original formats; For contacts, text messages and call history, they are saved in .txt, .xml, .xls.
Note: By default, UltData for Android will automatically access to the highest authority of your phone. If it fails, please root your Android device firstly.