4 Quick Ways to Transfer Photos from Samsung S22/23 to PC
by Sophie Green Updated on 2023-02-17 / Update for Transfer
Samsung is the most popular Android smartphone brand out there. Even then, many of them don't know how to transfer photos from Samsung S22 to PC. That's understandable because the Android world is quite fragmented, making it harder for users to keep track of how to do certain tasks on each Android brand.
However, we solve that problem in this article. Below-mentioned is some of the best answers to the question, "How to transfer photos from Samsung S22 to PC?" Let's get started.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S22 to PC via USB Cable
- Part 2: How to Transfer Pictures from Samsung S22 Phone to Computer with Smart Switch
- Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S22 to PC via Bluetooth
- Part 4: How to Download Pictures from Samsung S22 Phone to Computer via Cloud Storage
- Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Photos on SamsungS22
Part 1: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S22 to PC via USB Cable
One of the simplest ways to transfer photos from Samsung to PC is to use a USB cable. As we all know, a USB cable not only works as a charging cable, but it can be used to transfer files between your phone and computer. When the internet connection is poor or unavailable, with an appropriate USB cable, you can easily move the existing photos on your device to your PC. Read on to learn how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC using a USB cable.
On Windows PC:
Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable and tap "Allow" when you get the message "Allow access to phone data?" on your Samsung device.
- Once connected, pull down the notification panel on your phone, tap on "USB for file transfer".
On the USB settings page, select either the "Transferring files/Android Auto" option or the "Transfering images" option.
- Open "This PC" on your computer and double click on your phone's name listed under the Drives section.
Open the DCIM folder where your photos are stored, select and copy the the entire photo folders or the photos that you'd like to transfer, then paste them into a folder that is saved on your PC.
If you're using a Mac, follow the below-mentioned steps to transfer photos from Samsung to PC with a USB cable.
- Download and install Android File Transfer on your Mac.
- Connect your Samsung phone to the Mac using a usb cable that comes with your Samsung, then tap "Allow" when the message read "Allow access to phone data?" appears on your phone.
- Tap "USB for file transfer" and make sure the USB settings are set to Transferring files/Android Auto or Transferring images.
Launch Android File Transfer and double click the DCIM folder from the Android File Transfer window.
- Select the pictures you want and drag them to your Mac's desktop.
Part 2: How to Transfer Pictures from Samsung S22 Phone to Computer with Smart Switch
Another way for you transfer pictures from Samsung to PC is through Samsung Smart Switch. With Smart Switch, you can easily transfer various types of files including contacts, photos, messages, and so on from your Samsung device to a PC. Here's how to download pictures from Samsung phone to computer using Smart Switch.
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch on your Windows PC/Mac and your Samsung device. Launch the program and then connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
To transfer photos from your Samsung to PC, choose "Backup" and you'll see all items that can be backed up to your PC. You can select the Images item or click "Select all" in the top left hand corner and then click "OK".
The program will start backing up your photos on your device. Wait for the backup process to complete and click "OK" when it's done.
To view Smart Switch backup photos or files on your PC, click the three horizontal dots in the top-right of the Smart Switch menu. From the drop-down list, select "Preferences".
You can either head to the backup file location that is displayed below Backup folder location or click Details > View backup folder > Photo > DCIM to view the photos transferred from your Samsung to PC.
This is how easy you can do to transfer photos from Samsung to PC.
Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S22 to PC via Bluetooth
If you're wondering how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC wirelessly, Bluetooth could be your answer. However, this method is not recommended because transferring files from your Samsung to PC through BT could be very slow.
Nonetheless, here's how you can transfer photos from Samsung to PC using Bluetooth.
- On your Samsung device, head into Settings > Connections > Bluetooth to enable Bluetooth. On your Windows 10, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices to set Bluetooth on.
- You'll see a list of all available devices to pair on your phone. Select the name of your Windows PC and tap on "Pair".
- A window will pop up on your PC, notifying you to add a device. Click it to set up your Samsung device. Tap "Yes" when a popup appears saying Pair Device and you'll see a "Connection succeed" bar.
Click "Send or receive files via Bluetooth" and then "Receive files" on your PC.
- Open the Gallery app on your phone and select the photos you want to transfer to PC.
Tap the Share button and select "Bluetooth" from the share sheet. Then Select the name of your Windows PC listed on the list of available devices.
Your computer will automatically start receiving and downloading the photos transferred from your phone. Wait for the transfer to complete. You will be prompted to specify the location in your computer where you want to save it when all the photos are received successfully.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Samsung device. To turn Bluetooth on Mac, go to System Preferences > Bluetooth to enable Bluetooth.
On the list of available devices showing on your Mac, select the name of your Samsung device and click on the "Connect" option.
- A passcode will appear on each screen of your device. Tap "Pair" on your Samsung device.
Now, enable Bluetooth Sharing on your Mac by heading to System Preferences > Sharing. From there, you can select a location for accepted items and set what to do when a file transfer request comes in.
- After setting up Bluetooth Sharing on your Mac, open the Gallery app on your phone and select the photos you want to send. Tap on Share, select "Bluetooth" and then tap the name of your Mac. You will see your Mac receiving the photo files transferred from your phone.
By default, the received photos will be land in your Downloads folder.
Part 4: How to Download Pictures from Samsung S22 Phone to Computer via Cloud Storage
In addition to the above-mentioned methods, you can also transfer pictures from Samsung to PC via a cloud storage service, like Google Drive or Dropbox. Here's how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC without USB.
Open Google Drive on your Samsung device. Tap the Plus button and click to upload a new file.
- Select the photos you want to transfer, then wait for them to be uploaded.
- Navigate to Google Drive on your PC's browser, and sign in with your Google Account.
Select the photos you have just uploaded from your Samsung to your Google. Right click the selected photos and choose the "Download" option, then your browser will prompt you to save the photos. Click on "Save" and specify a location to download the photos to your PC.
Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Photos on Samsung S22
If you've accidentally deleted some photos on your Samsung phone and are wondering how to recover deleted photos on Samsung, Tenorshare UltData for Android is your answer.
With this tool, not only can you recover deleted photos from Android Gallery, but you can recover any data from Android phone, even with Broken Screen. Besides, you can view/download WhatsApp backup from Google Drive. Here's how you can use it to recover lost photos from your Samsung.
Download and install UltData for Android on your computer, and then connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable.
Open the program and select "Recover Lost Data" from the main interface.
Enable USB Debugging by following the on-screen instructions.
Select the data type you want to recover. In our case, select Photos — then hit Start.
Select the photos you want to recover, then click the "Recover" button in the lower-right corner.
Your photos will be recovered to your PC immediately.
Many Samsung users find it tricky to transfer photos from their Samsung device to a PC. In this article, we have learned how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC with some easy-to-follow methods. In the end, if you accidentally delete some photos or other kinds of data on your Samsung device, Tenorshare UltData for Android for Android is your best choice.