Fix iOS 17/16/15 An Update Is Required to Use Mobile Data on This iPhone Right Now
I did the update to iOS 15 without a SIM card in the iPad. The update was successful but now I stil need an update to use mobile data with the sim card inserted. In Finder on my MAC (Big Sur 11.1) I searched for an update, but I get the response that the installed software 15 is already the most recent.
Are you constantly getting the message ‘iPhone cellular an update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone’? If so, then you’ll be glad to know that you’re in the ideal place. In today’s guide, I’ll tell you why exactly you’re facing this issue. Stick around till the end as I’ll also guide you on how you can fix this instantly.
- Why Says An Update Is Required to Use Cellular Data on This iPhone after iOS 17/16/15 Update
- [Hot Way] Fix An Update Is Required to Use Cellular Data on This iPhone after iOS 17/16/15 Update
- 5 Solutions to Fix iOS 17/16/15 An Update Is Required to Use Mobile Data on This iPhone
Why Says An Update Is Required to Use Cellular Data on This iPhone after iOS 17/16/15 Update
Before discussing the solutions, let’s understand why appears an update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone. As iOS 17/16/15, is a new operating system, several bugs and flaws have been reported. A major bug being unable to use cellular data on this iPhone. I’ve listed the most common reasons for this problem below:
- You might have installed a defected iOS version on your iPhone.
- The SIM card might have been placed incorrectly.
- The network settings of your iPhone might be bugged.
- The DNS server might not allow cellular data.
[Hot Way] Fix An Update Is Required to Use Cellular Data on This iPhone after iOS 17/16/15 Update
If you want to fix iOS 17/16/15 an update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone issue with minimum efforts, then you must give Tenorshare ReiBoot a try. ReiBoot is a third-party software that can fix any operating system issues that might be causing this problem in your iPhone. ReiBoot entertains users with a highly intuitive user-interface that is easy to navigate and work with. It’s specially known for its efficiency and 100% workability.
Follow the steps below to understand how you can use Tenorshare ReiBoot to resolve any issues with the operating system.
- Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone with the computer via a USB cable. Launch ReiBoot and allow it to recognize your device.
After recognized by ReiBoot, tap the ‘Start’ button.
Then, click ‘Standard Repair’ to solve an update is required to use cellular data on iOS 16/15.
To fix the problem please download iOS 16/15 firmware package. Then browse the desired destination and press ‘Download’.
Once the iOS 16/15 firmware is complete, press ‘Start Standard Repair’ and the system recovery process will begin.
Just wait a while for get all iOS 16/15 bugs removed by ReiBoot. And once done, you need to enter your passcode on iPhone to get started.
5 Solutions to Fix iOS 17/16/15 An Update Is Required to Use Mobile Data on This iPhone
Here, five alternative solutions you can try as an attempt to fix iOS 17/16/15 an update is required to use mobile data on this iPhone. Take a look at each of the following methods and find out what works best for you.
Solution 1: Force Restart iPhone after Update
You can try force restarting your iPhone to get past the message ‘An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone’. What this will do is totally reboot your iPhone’s operating system and all softwares removing the possibility of any temporary bugs or issues. The steps below indicate how you can perform a force restart on your iPhone.
- iPhones 6s/6s+/SE 2016: Press and hold the home and side button.
- iPhones 7 and 7+: Press and hold the volume and side buttons.
- iPhone 8 and later: Press and hold one of the volume buttons and side button.
Hold the indicated buttons for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
Solution 2: Check If Carrier Update Available
There is a possibility that the carrier settings of your iPhone are outdated and need adjustments. Outdated carrier settings can result in iPhone an update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone. Follow the steps below to check if any carrier update is available for your iPhone.
- Ensure that your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Press ‘General’ and then, ‘About’.
If an update is available, you’ll notice an option to update your carrier settings.
Solution 3: Reset iPhone Network Settings
If you’re still encountering the message ‘An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone Apple’, then you can try resetting the network settings of your iPhone. This will remove any temporary bug in the network settings. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open ‘Settings’.
- Locate and enter ‘General’.
- Scroll down to ‘Reset’ and press it.
Select ‘Reset Network Settings’.
Solution 4: Try to Change DNS Server
There is a possibility that the iOS 17/16/15 update messed up the DNS settings of your iPhone. In this case, you need to manually alter the DNS server to get past an update is required to use mobile data on this iPhone. Follow the steps below to accomplish this.
- Open ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Tap the ‘i’ button in front of the network of which you need to change the DNS server.
- Press ‘DNS’.
Delete the existing DNS servers and enter the DNS server addresses of your choice.
Solution 5: Eject the SIM Card to Check
As stated earlier, there is a chance that an incorrectly place SIM card is causing ‘An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone but the update wont install’. In this case, you need to remove the SIM card, and place it correctly in the SIM slot. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Insert a paper clip or a SIM-eject tool to open the SIM tray.
- Take out the SIM card from the SIM tray.
- Take a clean piece of cloth and rub it against the SIM card to remove any accumulated dust.
Once you’re done, place the SIM card back into the SIM tray and close it.
Just like that, in a matter of steps, you ca easily bypass the error message ‘An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone after iOS 17/16/15 Update’ Feel free to try any method you like, however, my personal preference is Tenorshare ReiBoot as it minimizes your work. It is easy to use and won’t give you a tough time. With no drawbacks, ReiBoot is a great tool that you can use to resolve any system issues. So go ahead and give it a try!