How to Fix Hey Siri not Working after Update iOS 13/12.4/12.3/12
"I updated to iOS 12 on my iPhone X. Hey Siri has stopped working. I've done everything I can think of, but nothing worked. What should I do?"
This bug may strike some users who just update iOS 12 on their iPhone. When greeted with "Hey Siri", Siri isn't listening and gives no response. If you have the same problem, this article will provide 5 ways to help you fix Hey Siri not working on iOS 13/12.4/12.3/12.
Before we start troubleshooting, please check a few things first, as Hey Siri will not work if the following conditions are not met.
- Make sure your device isn't face down.
- Make sure the Smart Cover is closed on your iPhone/iPad case.
- Make sure to connect to power if you are using iPhone 6 or earlier devices, iPad and iPod touch.
- Make sure the device isn't in Low Power Mode. Hey Siri doesn't work if the battery is low.
If these tips won't help, please keep reading for more solutions.
- Solution 1: Refresh Hey Siri
- Solution 2: Turn off Dictation and Back on
- Solution 3: Force Restart iOS 13/12 iPhone/iPad
- Solution 4: Check Internet Connect, Reset If Necessary
- Solution 5: Repair iOS 12/12.1 System to Fix Siri Problems
Solution 1: Refresh Hey Siri
If you cannot wake up Siri by saying "Hey Siri", you can try to temporarily turn off Siri and back on again. Simply go to Settings > Siri & Search. Toggle off Listen for "Hey Siri" and Press Home for Siri option. Wait for a while and turn on again. Then set up "Hey Siri" on your iPhone/iPad.
Solution 2: Turn off Dictation and Back on
When Dictation is on, it may sometime cause iOS 13/12 Hey Siri not working. To fix this problem, you can try to disable Dictation. In the Settings > General > Keyboard, you will find an option called Enable Dictation. Turn off this settings and try to use "Hey Siri".
Solution 3: Force Restart iOS 13/12 iPhone/iPad
If nothing worked, a force restart of iPhone somehow will help. The following are detailed steps about how to hard reset your iPhone/iPad.
For iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus users: Press and release Volume up first and then Volume down button, after that, long hold the Side button until the screen turns off and then shows initial Apple logo screen.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus users: Press and hold the Volume down and Sleep/Wake button together until the device restarts.
For iPhone 6/6s or earlier, iPad users: Press and hold the Power button with Sleep/Wake button until your see the Apple logo screen.
Also read: How to Force Restart iPhone
Solution 4: Check Internet Connect, Reset If Necessary
"Hey Siri" to a large degree works under steady network connections. If you are not connect to the Internet, Siri might say "Sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to the network" or "Try again in a little while". In this case, you will need to check the Internet connection. Try to enable Airplane Mode first. This will block all the Celullar date and Wi-Fi. After a while, turn off Airplane Mode to see if "Hey Siri" not working problem has been solved.
In some cases, you may need to reset the network settings. This will not erase your data on iPhone/iPad but only restore all the network-related settings to factory defaults. Just go to Settings > General > Reset and choose Reset Network Settings.
Solution 5: Repair iOS 13/12/12.1 System to Fix Siri Problems
All above solutions failed to fix Hey Siri stopped working on iOS 12 iPhone/iPad? Don't worry, the final resort is Tenorshare ReiBoot – a powerful iOS 13/12 system repair tool than can easily handle various system bugs and app crashes. By simple operations, your system will be fully repaired without losing any data. If you have no idea on how to fix iOS 13/12 Siri not working, don't hesitate to hit the best choice.
Below are steps of how to use ReiBoot to fix iOS 13/12 system.
1. Start by downloading and installing on your PC/Mac. Then connect your device with it.
2. Click on "Repair Operating System" on the main interface and Click "Start Repair".
3. Download the firmware package online. This will be used to fix your operating system.
4. The whole downloading process will not take too long. After that, click "Start Repair" button to start repairing process. After that, your device will reboot to normal.
Now you can feel free to use "Hey Siri" without any problems. If you have any further issues with your iPhone, like iPhone stuck in recovery mode, iPhone keeps restarting or iPhone frozen, this iPhone system recovery software can also help you out. This software is now fully support new iPhone XS/XS Max/XR and iOS 13/12.
If you know any possible solutions to fix Siri not working or "Hey Siri" not responding, let us know in below comments.