[Full Guide]How to Fix A Frozen iPhone 13
My iPhone is frozen and won't turn off, one point I'm playing Genshin Impact and Bam Freezes but the weird thing is that I can activate Siri and hear notifications but the screen won't respond."
There are a lot of veteran iOS users out there who have no knowledge on solving how to fix a frozen iPhone. But don't need to get panicked as this article discusses several ways for frozen iPhone screen fix below.
- Fix 1. Restart Device To Fix A Frozen iPhone
- Fix 2. Close All Background Apps On Frozen iPhone
- Fix 3. Force Restart iPhone Frozen Screen
- Fix 4. One Click to Get Rid Of iPhone Frozen Screen
- Fix 5. How To Reset Frozen iPhone Without Data Loss
Fix 1. Restart Device To Fix A Frozen iPhone
If your iPhone got a frozen screen then you should restart the device at first. It is possible that restarting the device will unfreeze your iPhone.
- Press and hold either volume button and the power button for iPhone X, 11, 12 and 13. Just press and hold the power button for other iPhones until you see the power off slider.
- Swipe the slider on the screen to turn off the device.
Then, wait a few seconds, press and hold the same button until the Apple Logo is visible on the screen.
Fix 2. Close All Background Apps On Frozen iPhone
It is also possible that shutting down all the apps from your iOS device will fix the frozen screen. According to corresponding iPhones, just swipe up from the bottom of home screen or double-click the home button to close recently used apps.
Fix 3. Force Restart iPhone Frozen Screen
If you are unable to turn off or restart the device in a conventional way, then you may use the Force Restart procedure to fix the device. Here's how to do it:
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- Tap and press the Power key and Volume Down key for at least 10 seconds.
- You may see the Apple Logo but ignore it and keep holding it and you will see the start-up sequence.
For iPhone 6 and earlier phones
- Hold the Home and Power key together.
- Wait for the Apple Logo and leave the buttons to initiate the start-up sequence.
For the newest models of iPhones like iPhone 13
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up and Volume Down button one by one.
- Press and hold the Power button and wait for the Apple Logo.
Fix 4. One Click to Get Rid Of iPhone Frozen Screen
If your iPhone is frozen and won't turn off, it's recommended to put iPhone into recovery mode. Don't know how to do or just can't success on your iPhone? Try Tenorshare ReiBoot. This software is designed to fix all iOS system issue and provides a FREE function to put iPhone into recovery mode in one click.
- Just download the software on your computer and then launch it. Click "Enter Recovery Mode" button in the lower left corner of the interface.
Within several seconds, your frozen screen iPhone will enter into recovery mode.
Finally, reconnect your iPhone to the ReiBoot, click "Exit Recovery Mode". Wait for a few seconds, your iPhone will return to normal.
Fix 5. How To Reset A Frozen iPhone Without Data Loss
Still fail to unfreeze iPhone screen? Then you can also try to repair the iOS system with Tenorshare ReiBoot. And don't worry to loss any data on your iPhone with Standard Repair.
Download and run Reiboot on your computer. Connect your iPhone successfully and click "Start" > "Standard Repair".
Next, download the frimware package and wait for a few minutes until the firmware is ready. Now click Start Standard Repair.
While the program is repairing the system, please wait. After the process is done, your iPhone will restart and come back to normal with all your previous data.
After reading the above-mentioned ways, here is a video guide on how to fix a frozen iPhone screen for you to watch.
The Bottom Line
A lot of iOS users face problems like frozen screen and it is very normal for them to get panicked. No need to worry about how to fix a frozen iPhone anymore after reading out this article. Besides, Tenorshare ReiBoot is a great helper to fix various iOS issues. Highly recommended!