[Full Guide] How to Fix A Frozen iPhone 14
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2023-05-06 / Update for iPhone Fix
My iPhone is frozen and won't turn off, one point I'm playing Genshin Impact and Bam Freezes but the weird thing is that I can activate Siri and hear notifications but the screen won't respond."
If you're a veteran iOS user experiencing a frozen iPhone screen, don't panic! This article covers several effective solutions for fixing a frozen iPhone. Learn how to fix a frozen iPhone with ease.
- Fix 1. Restart Device To Fix A Frozen iPhone
- Fix 2. Close All Background Apps on Frozen iPhone
- Fix 3. Force Restart iPhone Frozen Screen
- Fix 4. One Click to Get Rid Of iPhone Frozen Screen
- Fix 5. How To Reset Frozen iPhone without Data Loss
Fix 1. Restart Device To Fix A Frozen iPhone
If you're dealing with a frozen iPhone screen, restarting your device is a good place to start. It is possible that restarting the device will unfreeze your iPhone.
- Press and hold either volume button and the power button for iPhone X, 11, 12, 13 and 14. Just press and hold the power button for other iPhones until you see the power off slider.
- Swipe the slider on the screen to turn off the device.
Then, wait a few seconds, press and hold the same button until the Apple Logo is visible on the screen.
Fix 2. Close All Background Apps on Frozen iPhone
Closing all apps on your iOS device may also help fix a frozen iPhone screen. Depending on your iPhone model, swipe up from the bottom of the home screen or double-click the home button to view recently used apps, then swipe up on each app to close them. By following these steps, you can quickly learn how to fix a frozen iPhone and get your device running smoothly again.
Fix 3. Force Restart iPhone Frozen Screen
If you are unable to turn off or restart the device in a conventional way, then you may use the Force Restart procedure to fix the device. Here's how to do it:
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- Tap and press the Power key and Volume Down key for at least 10 seconds.
- You may see the Apple Logo but ignore it and keep holding it and you will see the start-up sequence.
For iPhone 6 and earlier phones
- Hold the Home and Power key together.
- Wait for the Apple Logo and leave the buttons to initiate the start-up sequence.
For the newest models of iPhones like iPhone 13/14
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up and Volume Down button one by one.
- Press and hold the Power button and wait for the Apple Logo.
Fix 4. One Click to Get Rid Of iPhone Frozen Screen
If your iPhone is frozen and won't turn off, it's recommended to put iPhone into recovery mode. Don't know how to do or just can't success on your iPhone? Try Tenorshare ReiBoot. This software is designed to fix all iOS system issue and provides a FREE function to put iPhone into recovery mode in one click.
- Just download the software on your computer and then launch it. Click "Enter Recovery Mode" button in the lower left corner of the interface.
Within several seconds, your frozen screen iPhone will enter into recovery mode.
Finally, reconnect your iPhone to the ReiBoot, click "Exit Recovery Mode". Wait for a few seconds, your iPhone will return to normal.
Fix 5. How To Reset A Frozen iPhone without Data Loss
Still fail to unfreeze iPhone screen? Then you can also try to repair the iOS system with Tenorshare ReiBoot. And don't worry to loss any data on your iPhone with Standard Repair.
Download and run Reiboot on your computer. Connect your iPhone successfully and click "Start" > "Standard Repair".
Next, download the frimware package and wait for a few minutes until the firmware is ready. Now click Start Standard Repair.
While the program is repairing the system, please wait. After the process is done, your iPhone will restart and come back to normal with all your previous data.
After reading the above-mentioned ways, here is a video guide on how to fix a frozen iPhone screen for you to watch.
The Bottom Line
Dealing with a frozen iPhone screen can be a stressful experience for many iOS users, but there's no need to panic. In this article, we'll cover several effective solutions for how to fix a frozen iPhone, including the highly recommended tool, Tenorshare ReiBoot, which can fix various iOS issues quickly and easily. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can quickly and easily learn how to fix a frozen iPhone and get your device back to normal.
- Fix iPhone won't restore in recovery mode;
- Fix my iPhone is stuck on the Apple Logo,iPhone screen went black, iOS downgrade stuck, iPhone update stuck, etc.
- Support all iPhone models and the latest iOS 16 and earlier.