[SOLVED] iOS 12 Beta Won't Install Error on iPhone/iPad
We have great news coming our way this year from Apple in the form of a brand new iOS at WWDC 2018, the upcoming iOS 12. Yes, it is a much-needed upgrade as iOS 11 has been cursed with various glitches and bugs here and there. But what excites us more is the fact that a new iOS means there will be an inevitable Beta version release before the official iOS 12. And talking about the Beta version, coming from iOS 11 Beta last year, the new upcoming iOS Beta can return errors while installation and working- An error occurred installing iOS 12 Beta, if you experience this error or other similar errors; you are at the right place. We are here to help you solve this issue.
Part 1: 5 Ways to Fix Cannot Install iOS 12 Beta
iOS 12 Beta version is mainly a test version of the official edition. These test versions are for Developer to test out the system and get an idea of how everything works, how it has improved and the latest features it has. And as they are test versions, they may end up with certain errors which can affect installation and working of the system. So in case, you are already getting cannot install iOS 12 Beta error while installation, follow these steps below to solve the problem right away:
Way 1: Check iOS 12 Compatibility
First, you need to understand that everything is evolving and iOS 12 is the next generation of Apple’s operating system. Going back to the launch of iOS 11, some old iPhones were dropped from the lineup as they weren’t compatible anymore with it. Similarly, iOS 12 will not support with old devices.
Here is a list of iOS 12 supported devices, from new iPhone 2018 to older iPhone 5s, from iPad Pro 2nd generation to iPad mini 2. It’s recommended to check whether your device is listed here.
Way 2: Check Available Storage on your iPhone and iPad
Many times, iOS 12 Beta won't install error may come up because of insufficient storage space on your iPhone or iPad. It is no surprise that iPhones are prone to storage space issues due to lack of storage and the absence of external storage options. Thus, it is very important and crucial to check available storage on your iPhone or iPad before installing a new OS be it any version. To get iOS update successfully, you should have at least 4GB free storage. Here is what you can do to regain limited space.
- 1. Go to the “Settings” app.
- 2. Navigate to “General” tab.
- 3. Open “iPhone Storage”.
- 4. Follow the suggestions to offload apps or upload your entire library in iCloud.
Way 3: Check Network Settings
Sometimes, network settings on your iPhone or iPad can hinder installation and return iOS 12 Public Beta won't install error. This is a very crucial thing as your network connection is essential to install the whole system on your phone successfully. What you can do is check your network settings beforehand thoroughly before installation. Or if you are already getting errors, follow the steps below for both the cases:
- 1. First, check your cellular network on iPhone, and make sure that cellular data is turned on. Go to “Settings”, navigate to” Cellular” and open “Cellular Data”.
- 2. Check for Carrier Settings Update by connecting your device to Wi-Fi and then opening “About” from “General” under “Settings” on your iPhone.
- 2. Reset your Network Settings by going to “Settings”, navigate to “General” and then select “Reset Network Settings” under “Reset” tab.
If you have cellular network turned on, go to the next step:
If there is an option available to update, update it immediately. If it doesn’t solve the issue go to the next step.
This will reset all your cellular network settings, Wi-Fi settings, passwords, VPN, APN and everything.
Way 4: Force Restart iPhone or iPad
Still unable to install iOS 12 Beta? It is time that you try force restarting the device to see if that works. Many times, this does the trick but the catch here is force restarting depends on the age of your device. So, the method is slightly different for different models of iPhone. They are listed below:
Force-restart iPhone 6, SE and earlier:
- 1. Press Home button along with the Power button on your iPhone 6 or earlier.
- 2. Keep both buttons held until the Apple logo appears.
- 3. When you see the Apple logo leave those two buttons and let the phone complete the startup sequence.
- 4. You might have to put in your passcode now and that’s it!
Force-restart iPhone 7/7 Plus:
- 1. Hold the Power button on the right along with the Volume down button on the left at the same time.
- 2. Keep holding until the Apple logo appears. Wait for startup.
- 3. Now put in the passcode here. It is recommended not to use Fingerprint ID in this case.
Force-restart iPhone 8/X:
- 1. Quickly press and release the Volume Up switch.
- 2. Then, quickly press and release Volume Down switch.
- 3. Now, press and hold the Power Button and leave only when you see the Apple logo
- 4. Similarly, enter password and not use Fingerprint ID.
And you have successfully force-restarted your iPhones.
Way 5: Update with iTunes
If your iOS 12 Beta won’t install over the air, or not working properly, you can opt for an iTunes update. It is basically using iTunes to install the IPSW file of iOS 12 Beta manually into your iPhone. This is a tried and tested method and it works well if done correctly. Though you will lose all your iPhone data, so it’s better to back up beforehand! Here’s how to use iTunes to update IPSW file:
- 1. First, download the IPSW file for iOS 12 Beta version from the official website.
- 2. Get the latest generation iTunes and launch it on your computer.
- 3. Plugin your iPhone via USB to computer.
- 4. Tap on the Device icon in iTunes and choose device.
- 5. For Mac, go to “Option” + “Update” in iTunes whereas, for Windows: tap on “Shift” +“Update” in iTunes.
- 6. Now, find the recently downloaded IPSW file.
- 7. Confirm iOS 12 Beta installation by selecting “Update” when prompted.
Now, iTunes will simply remove the previous system and update to iOS 12 Beta without problems.
Part 2: Troubleshoot iOS 12 Beta Won't Install Error with Tenorshare ReiBoot
The final and the ultimate solution to troubleshoot for iOS 12 Beta installation error issue is Tenorshare ReiBoot. It is a professional tool that will surely solve the issue in minutes. It is capable to solve any type iOS installation errors as well as other iPhone/iOS issues too. The best thing about Tenorshare Reiboot is that it has one-click operation and it won’t delete your data while you use it unlike in iTunes. Follow the steps below to use this tool the right way:
- 1. Download and install the Tenorshare Reiboot software from the website.
- 2. Use the installation wizard and run the software on your PC.
- 3. Connect both your iPhone and computer with the help of the original USB cable.
- 4. Select “Fix All iOS Stuck” option from the main interface
- 5. Click “Browse” to save the path for the new IPSW file iOS 12 Beta and tap “Download”. This will automatically start downloading the firmware now.
- 6. After the firmware is downloaded, click “Start Repair” to install the new iOS 12 Beta IPSW file on your iPhone.
Your iPhone will reboot and everything will be normal and you won’t be experiencing any type of installation errors now.
So, here are the most effective ways to tackle iOS 12 Public Beta won't install error. These methods are tested and effective. Follow these step by step to know and be sure of what was actually wrong on your iOS 12 Beta install. In case, you don’t want to get into any hassle, we highly recommend you to go for Tenorshare iCareFone in the first place itself, as it can solve your issue in a flash effectively. Try it out and see the result yourselves!
If you like this article, do share and comment below!!