Your Apple ID Is Disabled or Locked? Here's the Fix
If you have received any one of these alerts listed below when you are trying to download an app or purchase music on your iPhone and iPad, then you are not supposed to miss this post, which aims to fix your Apple ID disabled/locked error so you can login and get back to using your device.
- "This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons"
- "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
- "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"
Before jumping to the solutions, we'd better figure out the possible reasons that might lead to this issue, let's check it out.
Part 1: Why Apple ID Disabled?
Most of time, your Apple ID gets disabled or locked are because
- You entered an incorrect password or security questions too many times in a row. It's especially frustrating when you remember your password later that day.
- You haven't used your Apple ID for ages. When Apple changes the requirements for passwords or security questions, your Apple ID may be disabled until you log in and update your information.
- You change Apple ID and password frequently on your iDevice, Apple may think your iDevice's Apple ID existing security threat.
Part 2: 3 Options to Fix "Your Apple ID has been Disabled" on iPhone
Below we will show 2 commonly used ways to help your unlock disabled Apple ID on iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5 (iOS 11 supported).
Option 1: Reset Your Apple ID Password On Apple's Website
When your Apple ID is disabled or locked, the easiest way to fix your disabled Apple ID is using web browser like Chrome, Firefox, IE and etc. on your computer and visit Apple account recovery system (appleid.apple.com) to reset your password. Here's how:
Step 1: After you visit Apple's website, Write down your first name, last name and Email address. After writing down your details, you will need to click on the Continue button.
Step 2: On the next screen, you can select that either use your Email address to receive a password, or you can answer the security questions to unlock your account.
Step 3: In your Email, Click on the Reset Now
Step 4: Write down the new password and click on the Reset Password. Please note that the new password is different from the password that you used last time with your Apple account.
After you are done, return to Apple's website and you'll be prompted to update your security questions. Just follow on-screen instruction to complete.
Option 2: Contact Apple Support Directly
If you still have trouble getting your Apple unlocked, which usually shouldn't be the case if you're the true owner of the Apple ID, you have another option: call Apple and have them assist you over the phone or starting a online chat. But it's not so easy as we imagined. Apple's employees have a strict policy when it comes to trustworthiness. If you insist on talking to a person at Apple, you just need to visit getsupport.apple.com then select Apple ID and choose Disabled Apple ID. After that you can set up a call with an Apple employee, start an online chat session, or email Apple support, depending on the time of day.
Option 3: Remove your Apple ID with Tenorshare 4uKey
There are many solutions for removing Apple ID from iOS device. But most of them require you to download iTunes or need to remember the Apple ID password to remove the Apple ID. So here comes the perfect tool to remove the Apple ID - Tenorshare 4ukey. No iTunes? Forgot your Apple ID password? It's ok. you just need to download Tenorshare 4ukey on your computer and you can remove the Apple ID from iPhone/iPad in just a few seconds. It is easy to use and very convenient. If you don't know how to use it, I will explain every single step for you.
Step 1 Firstly, download Tenorshare 4ukey on your computer and launch it, connect the device to computer, then the software will detect the device automatically.
Step 2 Choose Unlock Apple ID and then click Start
Step 3 Then Tenorshare 4ukey start to remove your Apple ID
Step 4 Once the process finished, the Apple ID has been removed from iPhone successfully. Then you can set up a new Apple ID and log in with it.
When using Tenorshare 4ukey to remove Apple ID from your iPhone/iPad, there are several friendly notifications. Please carefully read about this part.
- 1. Find My iPhone is off: Tenorshare 4ukey will remove the Apple ID smoothly on every idevice. But a data loss will happen for iOS 10.2 and below.
- 2. Find My iPhone is on: 4ukey can remove the Apple ID but also a data loss will happen for iOS 10.2 and below. After removing Apple ID successfully, do not restore factory settings. Otherwise the device can just be activated with the former Apple ID.
- 3. For inactivated devices or the iOS 11.4 and above that has turned on Find My iPhone, this function is unsupported.
This is a video link about how to fix your lockd Apple ID.
There are lots of reasons behind a user wanting to delete their Apple ID or ID account. The procedure is not actually very difficult and there are lots of stages to go through if you want to delete such important stuff. But you also need to make sure that all the files and subscriptions associated with that account are safely stored, otherwise, you won't be able to access them anymore. But if you want the easier option then use Tenorshare 4uKey to delete the Apple ID without the password. Highly recommended!