[SOLVED] Can't Sign Out of Apple ID on iPhone 2024
I'm trying to sign out Apple ID but the Sign Out button is greyed out. Why can't I sign out of Apple ID? What can I do?"
If you fail to sign out Apple ID from your iPhone or iPad, various reasons may be at play. This guide outlines these potential causes and provides solutions to successfully sign out, allowing you to reset your device or switch to another account.
- Part 1. Why Can't I Sign Out of My Apple ID
- Part 2. 6 Tips to Fix Can't Sign Out of Apple ID on iPhone
- Part 3. Still Can't Sign Out of Apple ID? Remove with 4uKey
- FAQs on Signing out of Apple ID
Part 1. Why Can't I Sign Out of My Apple ID
Here we list some common reasons for most of users who can't sign out of Apple ID on their iPhone or iPad.
- Apple ID profile is greyed out in Settings.
- The Sign Out button is greyed out and sign out is not available due to restrictions.
- When you click "Sign Out", the spinning symbol never stops because of network connections.
- You can't sign out your Apple ID because iCloud backup is being restored.
- Verification Failed - There was an error connecting to iCloud.
- Cannot sign out because you forgot the correct Apple ID password.
- There are some software problems or bugs.
Part 2. 7 Tips to Fix Can't Sign Out of Apple ID on iPhone
Now that you know why you can't sign out of Apple ID, you will find out how you can resolve this issue on your phone here. There are 7 methods as shown below.
1. Force Restart Your iPhone
The first thing you can do is to force reboot your iPhone. A force restart could fix many small iOS glitches that may lead you cannot sign out of Apple ID.
- iPhone 8 and later models: Press and release the Volume Up button and then the Volume Down button. Press and hold down the Side button.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
iPhone 6s and older ones: Press and hold down the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time.
2. Turn on Cellular Data
If there is an issue with your Wi-Fi network, enable cellular data and use it to sign out of your Apple ID on your iPhone. Open the Settings app or in the control center, toggle on Cellular and turn on the toggle.
3. Reset Network Settings
It might be the network problems that stop you from signing out of iCloud, and this cannot be fixed by changing Wifi or cellular data. It is worth clearing your network settings to help you log out your Apple ID. No data will be wiped.
- Head to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
Tap on the Reset > Reset Network Settings option.
4. Check Apple System Status
An issue with Apple ID, iCloud account & sign in or other related settings in Apple system status will cause your iPhone fail to connect to the Apple servers. When you can't sign out of Apple ID, see if the system status is reported as issue or outage.
5. Check iCloud Backup Settings
Sometimes you tap on the Sign Out button, an error message pops up saying "You can't sign out your Apple ID because your phone is being restored". If your iCloud backup is being restored, you need to either cancel it or let it fully restore.
Go to Settings > [name banner at top] > iCloud > iCloud Backup on your iPhone. Cancel or wait for it to restore your apps.
6. Turn off Screen Time Restrictions
A screen time or restriction passcode can sometimes disable the ability to sign out Apple ID from your iPhone. Turning off the restriction will fix it. Head to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and disable the option at the top.
7. Factory Reset Your Device
You can remove all settings, data and Apple ID accounts from your iPhone by factory reset. Unlike reset network settings, it will erase all contents and settings from your iPhone to fix cant sign out of Apple ID issue.
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
Tap on the Erase All Content and Settings option to factory reset your device.
- After factory reset, your iPhone will restart, and use the same Apple ID to activate your iPhone while setting up.
Part 3. Still Can't Sign Out of Apple ID? Remove with 4uKey
Nothing above working and still can't sign out of Apple ID? Forgot the Apple ID password? You do not need the Apple ID credentials to get rid of sign-out page. Try using a third-party software that helps remove Apple ID from iPhone or iPad. The software is called Tenorshare 4uKey.
Now let's see how you use 4uKey to fix cant sign out of Apple ID issue. All activated iPhones and iPads are supported.
Download, install, and launch 4uKey on your computer. Click on Remove Apple ID. Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable.
If Find My is turned off, or you can disable it before start, just click Start Remove and wait for the program to remove the Apple ID.
If Find My iPhone is still enabled, do not worry. Go on and download the firmware package. (Your iPhone will be updated to the latest iOS system after removal.)
After download the firmware, make sure you have set a screen passcode and Two-Factor Authentication. Click on Start Remove to begin removing the Apple ID.
Let the program complete the process, which may take a few minutes. Then in the setting up page, use the screen lock passcode to activate your iPhone.
That is all. You have successfully logged out Apple ID from your iPhone.
FAQs on Signing out of Apple ID
Besides "can't sign out of Apple ID" on iPhone or iPad, you might have more questions regarding the whole Apple ID removal process. The following will give 3 faqs and answers.
1. What happens if you sign out of Apple ID?
If you sign out of Apple ID, your Apple account is removed from your device. All the iCloud data will be removed too. App Store, iMessage, and other features related to Apple ID will not be available.
2. Will signing out of Apple ID delete everything?
Signing out of your Apple ID will delete your iCloud data, but not anything on your device storage.
3. How do I force sign out of Apple ID??
To force sign out of Apple ID when the sign out button is not working or you do not know the password, using Tenorshare 4uKey to remove the Apple ID without password.
You can't sign out of Apple ID on iPhone or iPad due to many reasons. It can be a software glitch, iCloud backup being restored, or any connection problem. With the 8 methods above, including Tenorshare 4uKey, which removes Apple ID without password, you will sign out Apple ID successfully.