What to Do If You Cannot Create Apple ID on iPhone/iPad
Apple, a prestigious tech company has produced a lot of quality products. But even Apple can’t save you from some issues. These issues are not necessarily due to apple’s mistake. One of these issues is the inability to create new apple id on the iPad. This may seem like a small issue, but if you create an Apple ID, you cannot get access to your iPad or iPhone.
You may have searched the internet to find the best way to overcome this issue, but there isn’t any viable solution available. To make it easy for you to overcome this problem, we’ve written this article. Before we get into how to create a new apple id on the iPhone or iPad. We need to discuss the possible reasons why the issue happens in the first place.
Part 1. Why Apple ID Your Account Cannot Be Created at This Time
There are some reasons as to why you cannot create an Apple ID at this time. We’ll list some of these here and then provide you with the solutions that will resolve each one of these.
- Server Error: A very basic issue with creating a new apple id is the apple server error. Many times, the apple servers are facing an error which can cause a problem for you while you create new apple id.
- IP address problem: Another one of the reasons is the IP address. Your router may be using a static IP address that’s causing this issue. A static IP address issue is a simple one and can be resolved without much effort.
- Error with the Internet: One of the simplest issues can be your internet connection. Maybe there’s some sort of restriction or any other error in the internet connection. For that, you need to contact your internet provider and ask them to resolve the issue.
Part 2. Top 9 Ways to Fix If You Cannot Create A New Apple ID on iPad/iPhone
Now that you know the common reasons behind the “cannot create apple id on this device” error, let us know how to overcome this.
- Way 1: Try Again Later If You Cannot Create An Apple ID at This Time
- Way 2: Use Cellular Data When Making A New Apple ID
- Way 3: Change The Wi-Fi Settings
- Way 4: Restart Your Router or Modem
- Way 5: Forget Wifi Network And Reconnect Again
Way 1: Try Again Later If You Cannot Create An Apple ID at This Time
One issue may be timing. One way to overcome this issue is by leaving your iPhone/iPad and returning to it after some time. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved by that time.
Way 2: Use Cellular Data When Making A New Apple ID
As mentioned above, there may be some issues with your internet provider. In order to avoid that, turn on your cellular data and use it to create a new ID. Most issues are solved this way. Check out the following picture to turn your cellular data on.
Way 3: Change The Wi-Fi Settings
One way to resolve this issue is to change your mobile’s wifi setting. To do that, follow these steps.
- First, go to the setting of your iPhone or iPad.
- Once on the setting page, go to wifi.
- Click on the blue I that will lead you to the IP configuration page.
- From here, you can configure your IP and thus resolve the issue.
- Click on BootP to resolve the issue.
Way 4: Restart Your Router or Modem
To resolve the issue caused by your internet connection, you can restart your router. This will help you with the issue but do keep in mind that restarting the modem isn’t the same as resetting it.
To restart your Modem, reach to the back of your modem and press the power button. Press it again within a minute or two and the modem will restart.
Way 5: Forget Wifi Network And Reconnect Again
If the issue isn’t resolved with all the steps above, you can forget the wifi network and reconnect with it again.
- Go to setting, and then wifi.
- Now click the wifi network’s name you want to forget.
- You will find an option to forget the wifi network below.
Click on it and now reconnect with your wifi network. The issue will be resolved by now.
Way 6: Restart Your iPhone/iPad
You can always restart your device to see if it works.
- Press the power button and hold it.
- Click on the restart option and let it restart. Now try creating a new apple id
Way 7: Erase/Reset All Settings
If that doesn’t solve it, reset your device completely.
- Go to setting and scroll down to Reset
- Now press reset all settings.
- Your password will be required to rest the device.
Once done, create a new id and enjoy your apple experience.
Way 8: Update iOS If You Still Cannot Set up New Apple ID on iPhone/iPad
Hopefully the issue has been resolved. However, if the issue isn’t resolved, skip the log in process and update your iOS.
- Go to the setting and scroll down to software updates.
- Tap download and then install the update once downloaded.
Your device will restart and once it does, you can add your new apple id.
Way 9: Use ReiBoot If Nothing Works
If the above solutions didn’t work, don’t worry. You can always use Tenorshare ReiBoot to repair your iOS issues without any hassle. You can learn more about this method here.
After installation, launch the program and connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer with the usb cable. Select the "Repair Operating System" when the device is detected.
Next, click "Fix Now" to continue.
Prior to repair, you need to download the firmware. Just click the "Download" button, it will automatically downolad the latest iOS 13.3 firmware on your iPhone/iPad.
After downloading the firmware, it's time to repair. Simply click "Repair Now" to start. It may take around 10 minutes to complete the whole process.