Transfer LINE Account to New Phone [Step-by-step Guide]
LINE is a popular chatting app that is used by a lot of people. Most of the times, people change their smartphones for a number of reasons. After changing the phone, they need to transfer back their old data to new one. And if you are a LINE user, you need to transfer LINE account to new phone as well. This article will tell you how to transfer line account to new phone in a detailed manner. Read below to know more.
- Part 1. How to Transfer LINE Account to New Phone?
- Part 2. How to Transfer LINE Chat History to New iPhone?
Part 1. How to Transfer LINE Account to New Phone?
There are two methods based on the smartphone—iOS and Android—that you are using.
If you are one of the users asking "how do I transfer my LINE account to a new phone," then you can always use your iCloud for doing so. Users can create a back up on iCloud and restore it on a new phone, thereby transferring their LINE account from old to new phone. Make sure you have the following things:
- iCloud account
- iOS version 8.1 or later
- LINE version 6.4.0 or later
Once you make sure that you have all things in place, we can proceed forward. Below are the steps that you need to follow to transfer LINE account to new phone on iOS.
- In the LINE app, click on the "More" option and navigate to "Settings."
- You will see the "Chats" option in the list. All you need to do is click on it.
- Navigate to "Chat history backup."
- Look for "Backup now" option and tap on it. You will find their LINE chat backup on their iCloud account.
- Remember that this method will save your chat along with image files. If you want to save the items forever, save them separately on the iCloud.
Now that you have backed up the data, you can start to restore it on your new phone. Follow the below steps to know how to restore LINE chat history on new iphone.
- Download and install the LINE app on your iPhone form App Store.
- Turn on your iCloud app.
- Navigate to the LINE app and tap on "Settings" from the "More" section.
- Click on "Restore chat history."
- Users will find all their old chats back in the LINE app on the new iPhone.
If you are an Android user, follow the below steps to know how to transfer line account to new phone.
Create Backup on Old Android Phone
Below are the steps to backup LINE data.
- Launch the LINE app on your Android phone.
- Go to Settings > Chats > Back up and restore chat history.
Click "Backup to Google Drive," and the app will begin to create the backup on the drive.
Restore Backup on New Android Phone
Below are the steps to restore LINE data on new phone.
- Download and install the LINE app on new phone from the Google Play Store.
- Enter your LINE credentials and click on the "Home" option.
- Navigate to settings as done earlier and click on the "Chats" option.
Now, click on "Back up and restore chat history" and click on "Restore."
Part 2. How to Transfer LINE Chat History to New iPhone?
One more way to transfer LINE account from one device to another is using Tenorshare UltData. The tool can be used to easily backup and restore LINE data and transfer it from one device to another. Below are the steps that you need to follow in order to use the tool.
Run Tenorshare UltData on your PC and launch the app. Click on the "Backup & Restore Social App" option, then select LINE from the list of apps.
Connect your iOS device and click the Backup option. This will start the backup process.
Once the back up is done, the tool will inform about this.
To restore the data, click on the Restore option.
The tool will show a list of back ups present. Select the one as per your needs and click Restore.
Next, the tool will show all the data that will be present in the back up. Click "Recover to Computer" or "Restore to Device" and wait for the process to complete.
In short, you just had a look at different methods to know how to transfer line account to new phone from an old phone. Users can use Tenorshare UltData in order to transfer LINE account from old phone to a new one hassle free and without any trouble.