How To Get Photos Off iPhone 14 That Won't Turn On
When your iPhone goes dead, it creates a number of issues and one of them is you not being able to access your photos. If you have all of your photos saved on the device, it is a tricky situation as you cannot transfer or copy them without your iPhone turning on. Luckily, there are ways on how to get photos off iPhone that won't turn on and that is what we are going to discuss in this guide today.
There are actually ways on how to retrieve photos from iPhone that won't turn on and you can use these to bring your photos out of your dead iPhone. None of these methods require you to turn on your iPhone, and these are pretty easy methods to follow and implement on your device.
- Part 1. How to Get Photos off iPhone 14 That Won't Turn On from iTunes Backup
- Part 2. Get Pictures Off iPhone 14 that Won't Turn on from iCloud
- Part 3. How to Fix iPhone 14 Won’t Turn on without Data Loss?
Part 1. How to Get Photos off iPhone 14 That Won't Turn On from iTunes Backup
One of the best ways on how to recover photos from iPhone that won't turn on is to use your iTunes backups. When you backup your iPhone to the iTunes, your photos are also backed up in the app. Later when you want, you can restore the backups and your photos will also be restored.
Since your iPhone won’t connect to iPhone and you are only looking to restore your photos, you need to use a software like Tenorshare UltData to do it. It will extract data from your iTunes backup and offer the option to selectively restore photos on your devices. No need to connect your iPhone.
- Download and install the software on your computer.
- Launch the software and click on the option that says Recover from iTunes Backup File at the top.
You will see all the available iTunes backups on your screen. Choose the one where your photos are saved and click on Start Scan at the bottom.
- When the scan is complete, click on Photos in the left sidebar.
You will see the previews of your photos. Select the ones you want to recover and click on Recover at the bottom.
It will ask where you want to save the recovered photos. Click on Recover to Computer as your iPhone does not turn on.
The recovered photos should now be available on your computer. That is how to get pictures off water damaged iPhone that won't turn on using an easy to use third-party software.
Part 2. Get Pictures Off iPhone 14 that Won't Turn on from iCloud
If you had synced your photos to iCloud prior to getting your iPhone damaged, then you can head over to the iCloud website and get your photos recovered. You can download your photos from the site over to your devices.
- Open a new tab in your browser and head over to the iCloud website. Log-in to your account if you have not already.
Click on Photos on the main interface.
Select the photos you want to download and click on the download icon.
Your chosen photos will be downloaded to your computer. It is a pretty easy way on how to get pictures off iPhone that won't turn on that does even require installing any apps.
Part 3. How to Fix iPhone 14 Won’t Turn on without Data Loss?
You will want to fix your device so that you can get access to your other files on it. There are a few ways that you can try and hopefully fix the device.
1. Force restart your iPhone
Force restarting your iPhone can fix many minor issues on it, and it is the easiest of the methods to do.
- iPhone SE 2 to iPhone 14: Press the volume up and down button. Then, long press the side button till the Apple logo appears and the device restarts.
- For iPhone 6s or earlier: Press and hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time to force reboot your iPhone.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Long press the volume down and side button till the Apple logo appears and the device restarts.
Your phone should likely turn on.
2. Charge your iPhone with Officially Authorized Lightning Cable and Charger
It may be the charger you are using is not fully compatible with your iPhone. Replace it with the original Apple authorized lightning cable and charger and try charging your phone. Keep it plugged-in for a while and then see if your phone turns on.
3. Use Professional iOS System Repair Tool to Fix iPhone Won't Turn without Data Loss
If your iPhone still will not turn on despite following all of the above methods on how to get photos off an iPhone that won't turn on, you will need to use a dedicated repair software ReiBoot to repair the operating system of your iPhone thus to fix iPhone won’t turn on or charge. Once that is done, your phone will start working normally.
- Install the latest version of the software on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch the software.
Click on Repair Operating System in the software.
Click on Fix Now on the following screen.
You need to click on the Download button to download the firmware for your iPhone.
Once the firmware is downloaded, it will be applied to your iPhone to fix it. Your iPhone will be repaired and you will see the following on your screen.
You are all set. That is how to get photos off a water damaged iPhone that won't turn on by fixing it and then using the standard method to access your photos.
If you are wondering how to get pictures off a broken phone that wont turn on, the methods listed above should help you get access to your photos even when your phone will not turn on. UltData is highly recommended to recover data from iPhone that won’t turn on. We hope the guide helps you out.