Top Ways to Remove Duplicate Songs/Tracks in iTunes 12
After upgrading iTunes to version 12.2, many people complain that the music list in their iTunes library is in a mess. iTunes upgrading is a little bit risky since some of your previous storage may lost and you need a long time to make everything back to order. What can we do if your iTunes library are in a mess, like full of previously duplicated songs and tracks? How to remove the duplicated songs in iTunes 12 in an easier way? Here we recommend you two tops ways to help you manage your iTunes music.
1. Use iTunes Music Cleanup to Clean Your iTunes.
iTunes Music Cleanup is a cool program, we recommend it since it can help you organise your music files in iTunes library as well as in local computer. By just clikcing a few buttons, you can esaily organise your music in a right order.
- First, download and install Tenorshare Music Cleanup on your computer. Click "Start Scan" and all music in your iTunes library will be loaded to the program.
- Second, click "Duplicated Songs" and you will see all the repeated items. Check those you want to get rid of and click "Clear Duplicate". The duplicated item will then be cleared from your iTunes library. To delete all duplicates at once, click "Clear all Duplicate".
Besides, Tenorshare Music Cleanup also offers and easy and efficient solution for users who need to add detailed information to albums, like artist, track names, lyrics, genre, and size. It could scan and import music saved in both iTunes and local folder.
2. Use iTunes to Remove Duplicated Music in iTunes Directly
Another way to remove duplicates is using iTunes, but this will be a tedious process to find and remove the duplicated songs in iTunes 12.
- First find duplicates in iTunes by choosing View > Show Exact Duplicate Items.If you have multiple versions, you can also hold the Alt or Option key (for Mac OS X) or the Shift key (for Windows) and choose View > Show Exact Duplicate Items.
- Second, review each item to determine which one you'd like to remove from your library. You can compare the track length, date added, genre, etc. to help you determine which item you'd like to keep and which item you'd like to remove.
- Third, select the duplicate you want to delete. Remove it by choosing Edit > Delete.
So we have shown you how to remove duplicated songs frsom iTunes music. Go ahead and select the best way for yourself.