iTunes Backup Slow? - Top Solutions to Quicken iPhone Backup
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2020-07-13 / Update for iTunes Tips
It may take a considerable amount of time to back up your iPhone with iTunes, which is changing according to the amount of files you own and the number of times you've synced your device. Many users had this on-going issue that, sometimes, backups are taking an hour or even iPhone backup taking forever and they usually couldn't manage to get over with that problem. Therefore, regardless of whether you have run into this trouble or not, we are going to introduce a few solutions for you to try and speed up iTunes backup on iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6/SE/5s/5.
- Solution 1: Ditch Old and Unused Apps on Your iPhone
- Solution 2: Deleting Photos to Solve iPhone Backup Takes too Long
- Solution 3: Remove Unused Media from iPhone
- Solution 4: Use iTunes Alternative to Backup iPhone Quickly and Flexibly
Solution 1: Ditch Old and Unused Apps on Your iPhone
Removing those ancient apps can help to solve this problem by speeding up your iPhone backups, since there will be less data to transfer at each backup. So if you aren't using an old app anymore, get rid of it, there's not much reason to keep it around on your iPhone.
Solution 2: Deleting Photos to Solve iPhone Backup Takes too Long
Your iPhone backups might be slowed down if you have a large camera roll. The reason is that the iPhone backup process will duplicate all your photos regardless of whether or not there having been any changes made to them. So you should backup your iPhone photos and then delete the originals from the iPhone regularly.
- Launch iPhoto (or Image Capture or whatever app you use to backup photos).
- Copy ALL images from your iPhone to your computer.
- Ensure that you have backed up all your iPhone photos to the computer.
- Delete ALL of the originals from the iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Proceed to backup as usual through iTunes.
Solution 3: Remove Unused Media from iPhone
In addition to photos, media files tend to increase the time it takes to backup a phone to your iTunes library. If you have videos or music on your iPhone that you no longer need, deleting these files will speed up the backup time. OS X Daily found that removing video files from the iPhone was the most effective in speeding up the backup process. iTunes video rentals can be fairly large in size and take a while to sync, so after viewing these, remove the files from your device permanently.
Solution 4: Use iTunes Alternative to Backup iPhone Quickly and Flexibly
Using iTunes is time-consuming for backup iPhone and sync files, and thus, many users prefer using iTunes alternative tool. And iCareFone is rated as the best iTunes backup alternative software.
You can backup all data in iPhone/iPad/iPod or selectively backup files quickly using iCareFone. The advantages of using iCareFone are:
- Backup all iPhone/iPad/iPod data to PC/Mac without iTunes.
- Support selective backup files on iPhone.
- All your backup files are stored, which won't replace the old backups. So you can restore iPhone at any time point.
- View backup files.
- 100% free to backup iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
- Apart from backup iPhone, this all-inclusive software contains more feature to restore iPhone from backup, transfer files between iOS device and computer, manage iOS data in bundel, and fix iOS to normal.
Launch iCareFone and connect your device to computer. Choose Backup&Restore tab from the main interface.
Choose the files that you'd like to backup and click Backup button to start backing up your iPhone.
That is the easy steps to backup iPhone without iTunes.
Don't miss: Fixes: iTunes Could Not Backup the iPhone after Latest Update of iTunes
Now try these solutions to fix iTunes backup slow or use the alternative software to backup iPhone without iTunes.